Severely Diffusing All Around The Scalp, Help

oklol

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 19 and I've been diffusing since I was 14 or 15 I don't quite remember, this is my hair's current state (has been this way since i was 17-18). I noticed how extremely thin my hair was when I recently got a haircut (had long hair for 1.5 years or so), which caused me to freak out. Is there any hope for me to get any hair back? is a head full of hair or even 50% more hair density possible? should I visit a dermatologist?

Attachments

• 20180914_045655.jpg
    20180914_045655.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 20180914_045752.png
    20180914_045752.png
    675 KB · Views: 204
  • 20180914_050016.jpg
    20180914_050016.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 20180914_050148.jpg
    20180914_050148.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 20180914_050216.jpg
    20180914_050216.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 20180914_050419.jpg
    20180914_050419.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 182

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. You have thinning everywhere even on the sides. Visit a regular doctor to get blood work done to check for thyroid issues, other autoimmune disorders or other deficiencies like vitamin D.

2. Definitely visit a dermatologist. They will most likely tell you to use rogaine/minoxidil and or finasteride. Ask them about finasteride to see if it is suitable for you but since you are 19 already if hair really is important to you then I would get on finasteride and minoxidil but do your research first.

3. What is your family history of baldness? Dad, brothers, uncles that balded young and aggressively?

oklol

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. You have thinning everywhere even on the sides. Visit a regular doctor to get blood work done to check for thyroid issues, other autoimmune disorders or other deficiencies like vitamin D.

2. Definitely visit a dermatologist. They will most likely tell you to use rogaine/minoxidil and or finasteride. Ask them about finasteride to see if it is suitable for you but since you are 19 already if hair really is important to you then I would get on finasteride and minoxidil but do your research first.

3. What is your family history of baldness? Dad, brothers, uncles that balded young and aggressively?

1.If I had issues such as thyroid issues or autoimmune disorders or vit D deficiency and what not would solving them help regrow hair back? Or it's permanent damage?

2.Can I ask the dermatologist about such disorders? or it's outside their expertise?

3.Yes, my dad, grandfather and 3 uncles are all Norwood 6, my dad started norwooding during his mid 20s. So I'm wondering if hopping on finasteride would carry my hair to the 30s or so.

Thanks.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Fixing the problem could potentially grow back some hair, its hard to say. Although considering your family history it is almost 100% regular male pattern baldness.

2. Yeah sure ask them but I would go to a general practisioner for it. Most likely the derm will tell you to go to a regular doctor as well.

3. Okay, this basically confirms you have male pattern baldness and it is agressive considering you started at 17. Finasteride works different for everyonr but currently it is the best treatment that exists for hairloss. It may give you some regrowth + years of no hairloss, it may stop ur hairloss for years with no hairloss, or it may not do jack sh*t. Even how well you respond to finasteride is determined before you were even born so the only way to know is to give it a shot.

Do you have baldness in both sides of the family or is it just your dads side? Does your moms side of the family have hair into later years?

oklol

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Fixing the problem could potentially grow back some hair, its hard to say. Although considering your family history it is almost 100% regular male pattern baldness.

2. Yeah sure ask them but I would go to a general practisioner for it. Most likely the derm will tell you to go to a regular doctor as well.

3. Okay, this basically confirms you have male pattern baldness and it is agressive considering you started at 17. Finasteride works different for everyonr but currently it is the best treatment that exists for hairloss. It may give you some regrowth + years of no hairloss, it may stop ur hairloss for years with no hairloss, or it may not do jack sh*t. Even how well you respond to finasteride is determined before you were even born so the only way to know is to give it a shot.

Do you have baldness in both sides of the family or is it just your dads side? Does your moms side of the family have hair into later years?

My mom's side 4 uncles with a head thick of hair till their mid 30s into the 40s with minor recession, they are Norwood 3 to 4 at ages 50 to 55. My dad's hairloss wasn't diffuse thinning it was slow norwooding that started around the mid 20s or so which I can imagine is the case for all his brothers and his dad since they all have the same hairline.