Severe Trace Elements and Vitamins Deficiency In Men With Androgenic Alopecia

resu

Reaction score
The vitamin d receptors have been linked in past studies, it doesn't really matter how much sun you get, it's the receptors themselves that is the issue, obviously 5ar is the main issue, was just saying that vitamin d is also a link.

Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
"baldness is just a cosmetic issue brah"

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What all this hints at, in my opinion, are three options; more than one might apply:
- deeper underlying metabolic issues, probably due to gut microbiome, which leads to inhibited absorption of nutrients
- bad diet, causing lower nutrient intake
- higher usage and faster depletion of nutrients because of the body's response to chronic inflammation

After recently reading a lot about different correlations between metabolism, nutrition/diet and inflammation on the one hand and Androgenetic Alopecia on the other, I am quite sure by now that the combination of metabolic/dietary issues (pro-inflammatory factors) and a lack of anti-inflammatory factors (insufficient vitamin D, lack of certain anti-inflammatory diet components which our ancestors used to consume but we no longer do) play a very big role in how fast Androgenetic Alopecia progresses in individuals that are genetically prone.

Reaction score
Theres a new study showing its not vitamin d levels that we should care about, but how much our body converts it to is active form. In other words, it doesn't matter how much you supplement or get in the sun, if your body isn't converting it to its active form, then its a waste.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody in these threads ever stops to ask why these non-androgen related issues only affect men.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one is disputing the implication of androgens, what is up for debate is whether they are only problematic in hair follicles or if this 'genetic sensitivity' affects other parts of the body as well.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
does taking vitamins and mineral would stop hair loss or at least grow some hair?
No, but the findings of the publication cited in the beginning of the thread clearly mean that bald men should be more careful about their diet than healthy non balding men in order to preserve a good overall health.