Seventeen Years Old Starting Heavy Regimen

Mickymouse

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,new member here. I've been plagued with this disgusting disease as young as 15-16,at the beginning i was just thinking that I'm forming mature hairline and didn't care that much,but at 17 when i almost reached NW3 i knew i was fucked up,i was in a severe depression had suicidal thoughts and my personality basically died in a matter of few months.My aggressive hair loss comes from my father's side and i always knew i was predisposed,at the age of 22 dude was Norwood 4 but what's more interesting stayed the same till he was like 45-50,(nw5 now)he has two brothers and their pattern is exactly the same,so i finally i went to trichologyst and the first thing she asked was to do bloodwork,turns out i have extremely high free testosterone (the one that converts to dht) normal is 1-22 pg/moll,i have 34.8,so i decided to fight hair loss at all costs, she prescribed me proscar 1.25mg EOD,minoxidil 5% EOD,Dermarolling 0.5+Saw palmetto lotion ED,I'm also doing nizoral 2-3 times a week,and even bought few spironolactone packs and plan to do 75mg,but i want to wait a lil bit,maybe i won't even need it(don't wanna turn into woman).started regimen for first 2 weeks without fina,but even after two weeks i was able to see tiny baby hair spiking,it's been one month now and it seems like these lil hair form my old nw2 hairline but I'm not sure. First pic me at 14,second before treatment,third one month in

Attachments

• ECISohzrji4.jpg
    ECISohzrji4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 388
  • 20180523_164522.jpg
    20180523_164522.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_20180717_132216.jpg
    IMG_20180717_132216.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

Alex_325

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn thats pretty bad for 17 years old.

Good call on the meds as atleast it looks like you still have thick hair,wouldnt wanna start to diffuse.

Look like a Norwood 2.5 right now wich can still be pulled off with thick hair as your pic proves.

Maybe if you are lucky you could go back to Norwood 1.5 if the area where you have those miniaturized hairs fills in

Mickymouse

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn thats pretty bad for 17 years old.

Good call on the meds as atleast it looks like you still have thick hair,wouldnt wanna start to diffuse.

Look like a Norwood 2.5 right now wich can still be pulled off with thick hair as your pic proves.

Maybe if you are lucky you could go back to Norwood 1.5 if the area where you have those miniaturized hairs fills in
Thanks Alex,i was in a rlly bad state pre meds,fortunately i have no diffuse in my family history,my moms dad is 73 with a thick Norwood 2-2.5,to be honest i may stick with meds till 25 and then shave it off or maybe get a hair transplant,i mean balding is sad at any age but being bald at your 25-30s is NOTHING in comparison with balding as a teen

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also started balding at 17 bro ( last year of highschool, i remember those day like it was yesterday ) , and once you start worrying about your hair , it never end , trust me bro !
keep your regimen for at least 6 month , if you get some regrowth taht mean the treatment is working