Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

Rick Grimes

My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN i think its the latter, with the addition that US customs may have decided to focus more narrowly on more hardcore custom violations... but that's just a guess from my own experiences .. or maybe its just a volume thing: more volume = more get thru... either way its not too bad here

@WMQ thanks for the heads up on minoxidil, that is awesome.... my non-kane seti also turned darker yellow after a couple days.. so it sounds like your stuff is acting the exact same way mine is... probably good news

@alebaba thanks for the 4 day tip... eager to see how mine acts after four days... my mix seemed a bit more pungent the second night... looking to see if that keeps being the case

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm in the middle of waiting to hear back from Health Canada as to Setipiprants classification and admissibility. I spoke to a CBSA officer who told me if Seti is not listed on any schedule based on its molecular structure (grey area) then I need to call him back and talk to his senior agent.

While I wait, I was wondering.... The US just lets SETI in no problem eh? Or do you think the guys who get it get the packages labeled differently and then hope it doesn't get inspected?

any news?

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any news?

Yea, so Health Canada told me that they have not classified or ever dealt with it. The dumb *** inspector I spoke with told me that to get a classification I would have to put in a request with health canada and it could take weeks. She said she did a little reading before she called me back and said that because it affects hormones.....( all she did was google Setipiprant and and saw Androgenetic Alopecia and saw Andro and assumed she knew everything) that I she didn't want to get my hopes up??? I had to explain to her that it merely protect the hair follicle from DHT and the reason I need it is because all the other sh*t is what affects hormones. Anyways she sounded brain damaged and told me the number to call to put in a request.

I got that response today. I spoke with Customs on Monday and the guy told me that if H.C. didn't have a classification for it that I would have to speak with a senior member of staff. That is what I will be doing tomorrow early afternoon. Hopefully the guy is balding himself because Ive gone into panic mode a bit.... I really need this Seti and will be PISSED if I can't get it for this low *** cost.

I will explain to him there is no classification and that it is not "natural product" nor an "pharmaceutical" as on Wiki it even states that Seti is "dermatological" product. Hopefully that will help convince this guy to let me bring it in. Ill get all his details if he's willing and make sure the paper work is all done and sent to customs ahead of time.

Wish me luck. I am praying this guy will play ball. I need this Seti. I swear when I was all calm and thinking id get it 100% my hair was thick as sh*t. Now overnight I've lost half my hair I swear lol. FML

Ill let u guys know soon.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to do a log of kanes tm30089 after I have it tested from my local university. My only hesitation before I offically start is that I hear conflicting talk of how long the half life is. Ive heard that it can last 13.5 years but have hear not. Anyone have an idea?

Rick Grimes

My Regimen
Reaction score
@kawnshawn page 12 of this deck http://www.rsc.org/images/Rick_Roberts_tcm18-240088.pdf seems to say its on the longer side... and this study seems to say the same type of thing: http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/69/4/1441/T2.expansion.html .... i dunno, perhaps someone with more expertise could chime in, but for me, the seemingly long half life and the fact that they've never done human trials would make me hesitate... especially when we know Seti, which does the same type of thing i believe, is pretty damn safe in comparison

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm gonna hold off until I can get more info on it, not worth the risk with a halflife that could possibly be that long. Already got screwed over with propecia, RU, and CB so not taking any chances.
Strange though that the half life for ramatroban is extremely short but there's been anecdotal claims by people who say it stopped there shedding

yellowbluegrey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, I'm gonna hold off until I can get more info on it, not worth the risk with a halflife that could possibly be that long. Already got screwed over with propecia, RU, and CB so not taking any chances.
Strange though that the half life for ramatroban is extremely short but there's been anecdotal claims by people who say it stopped there shedding

How did you get screwed over by propecia CB and RU?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trust me, if you're already screwed over with RU and CB, you've got a bit chance to be screwed again with seti too:(

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Trust me, if you're already screwed over with RU and CB, you've got a bit chance to be screwed again with seti too:(
Ive been on seti about a month from side and haven't noticed any sides but still shedding.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

guys, pls avoid expressing opinions with such a strong confidence, especially wrong ones. This forum should be useful to many, and many of these might be impressed by such strong statements.

As a reminder for those passing by: finasteride, RU+CB and seti have totally different mechanisms of actions, and sides.
Seti, in particular, is not expected to touch anything from the hormonal and neurosteroid viewpoints.
finasteride touches both angles (through inhibition of 5ar2 and 5ar3).
RU and CB are receptoral antiandrogens.
CB is expected to be much safer than RU; theoretically, in vitro and clinically (2 PoCs and phase 1 and 2 clinical trials for winlevi) is rapidly metabolized by OH into other compounds with no AA effects.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the function that pgd2 plays in our body it is not unsafe to say seti has its risk too, which has also been confirmed by many experimental users.

I browsed through the side effect reports in multiple forums (HLH, HairLossTalk.com, SAGA) and found that those who had intolerable sides from finasteride, RU, and CB are also the ones prone to these side effects. The fact that they turn to seti also relates to their previous sides from other treatments. For those interested, you can do the search and judge.

This is purely speculative, and I don't have any specific scientific proof to back it up, but I think using 5ARi and AA for a prolonged time can give you a more sensitive body predisposition. I consider myself among them too, but I was using Kane's seti so I wouldn't really make a judgement based on that. The users who directly turned on CB or seti with a clean slate, however, seem to have a much lower rate of side effects.

@kawnshawn did you noticed any reduction in sebum and itch/inflammation? These are the direct signs of seti's efficiency. Some people might just not respond to seti for genetic reasons though.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the function that pgd2 plays in our body it is not unsafe to say seti has its risk too, which has also been confirmed by many experimental users.

I browsed through the side effect reports in multiple forums (HLH, HairLossTalk.com, SAGA) and found that those who had intolerable sides from finasteride, RU, and CB are also the ones prone to these side effects. The fact that they turn to seti also relates to their previous sides from other treatments. For those interested, you can do the search and judge.

CRTH2 antagonists have an excellent safety profile as has been shown in countless trials over the last 10 years or so. They are also very selective compared to 5ARi's, only partially blocking 1 receptor of PGD2, rather than trashing an enzyme (5AR) responsible for a multitude of biological processes.

Your point in bold doesn't make any sense. People who are very sensitive to 5ARi's are sensitive to androgen deprivation which is why RU and even CB can affect them too. Seti/OC obviously have no affect on the HPTA, the only link between people getting intolerable sides from finasteride/dutasteride/RU and those getting sides with Seti is nocebo.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score

This is purely speculative, and I don't have any specific scientific proof to back it up, but I think using 5ARi and AA for a prolonged time can give you a more sensitive body predisposition. I consider myself among them too, but I was using Kane's seti so I wouldn't really make a judgement based on that. The users who directly turned on CB or seti with a clean slate, however, seem to have a much lower rate of side effects.

@kawnshawn did you noticed any reduction in sebum and itch/inflammation? These are the direct signs of seti's efficiency. Some people might just not respond to seti for genetic reasons though.

it's an old story, already debunked. Seti does not act on PGD2, but on its receptor CRTH2. And it's very selective, and weak.
Then year long clinical trials on 1000s of subjects proven it safe; imho it counts much more than some anecdotes on fora (which I haven't read of, btw).

Fully agree on the fact that people who had long term sides on finasteride are in a different league w.r.t. those who start clean slate with other stuff (RU and CB). But not seti.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CRTH2 antagonists have an excellent safety profile as has been shown in countless trials over the last 10 years or so. They are also very selective compared to 5ARi's, only partially blocking 1 receptor of PGD2, rather than trashing an enzyme (5AR) responsible for a multitude of biological processes.

Your point in bold doesn't make any sense. People who are very sensitive to 5ARi's are sensitive to androgen deprivation which is why RU and even CB can affect them too. Seti/OC obviously have no affect on the HPTA, the only link between people getting intolerable sides from finasteride/dutasteride/RU and those getting sides with Seti is nocebo.
I totally agree with your points about safety profile and difference in mechanisms. But as I said, my previous post was purely speculative and based on my own observation/experience, and I was trying to offer it for the users own consideration.

Besides, I don't think chest pain/heart discomfort/heavy fatigue can be a results of nocebo.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's an old story, already debunked. Seti does not act on PGD2, but on its receptor CRTH2. And it's very selective, and weak.
Then year long clinical trials on 1000s of subjects proven it safe; imho it counts much more than some anecdotes on fora (which I haven't read of, btw).

Fully agree on the fact that people who had long term sides on finasteride are in a different league w.r.t. those who start clean slate with other stuff (RU and CB). But not seti.
You're right. But I assume acting on the receptor level and the hormone level MIGHT just have the same side effects, as in the cases at least partially shared by androgen receptor blockers and 5ARi?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
You're right. But I assume acting on the receptor level and the hormone level MIGHT just have the same side effects, as in the cases at least partially shared by androgen receptor blockers and 5ARi?

I'm a bit lost. You're talking generically about sides, but what exactly do you classify as anti-5arX / anti-androgen / CRTH2-blocker sides?
Because at the very beginning I thought you were meaning sexual sides from seti, but now you're mentioning chest pain, heart discomfort, etc. (still unlikely according to the safety profile of seti, but at least less out of the context than sexual sides).

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a bit lost. You're talking generically about sides, but what exactly do you classify as anti-5arX / anti-androgen / CRTH2-blocker sides?
Because at the very beginning I thought you were meaning sexual sides from seti, but now you're mentioning chest pain, heart discomfort, etc. (still unlikely according to the safety profile of seti, but at least less out of the context than sexual sides).
I have no idea too. They were reported by several users if I remember correct. I can imagine fatigue as typical immune suppressives side effects (even though from a different mechanism than anti androgens)but I struggle to understand why chest pain was reported. Seti doesn't seem to have sexual sides of course.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no idea too. They were reported by several users if I remember correct. I can imagine fatigue as typical immune suppressives side effects (even though from a different mechanism than anti androgens)but I struggle to understand why chest pain was reported. Seti doesn't seem to have sexual sides of course.

ok, so no way to support your initial statement (i.e. "if you had sides with finasteride/RU/CB then you're likely to have with seti").
And with aspirin? :)

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score

Itch gone but still shedding. I've always been shedding hairs as long as I remember so can't say if its working or not.

I can hardly seem to find any logs or reviews for TM30089