Seti + Wake Forest = Clinical Trial

awdtnr91

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Long term long term lurker. Been coming here for about 5 years to obtain updates. Just saw this sent to me by Wake Forest. Thought it may bring some interest.

Attachments

• ++WFUHS Cleaned Allergan 1922-201-002 Non-PK Photo ICF V6.0 04Jan2017.pdf
    243.6 KB · Views: 457

resu

Reaction score
There is approximately 40% chance that you will be assigned to receive setipiprant, approximately 40% chance that you will be assigned to receive placebo, and approximately 20% chance that you will be assigned to receive finasteride.

Should be interesting.

WILL YOU BE PAID FOR PARTICIPATING? If you meet all the eligibility criteria for the study, are enrolled, and complete all the scheduled study visits, you will be paid $350.00. If you withdraw for any reason from the study before completion you will be paid $50.00 for each complete study visit.

Not bad, specially for the lucky ones actually trying seti.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is their Phase II trial, right?
yes they named it phase 2a
Capture99.JPG

tress_dreams

Reaction score
"Risks associated with Active Comparator: If you are in the group which is assigned finasteride, you may experience the following risks: • Sexual dysfunction may continue after discontinuation of treatment, including erectile dysfunction, libido disorders, ejaculation disorders, and orgasm disorder; male infertility and/or poor seminal quality (normalization or improvement of seminal quality has been reported after discontinuation of finasteride)."

Yeap, sounds about right. FML. I'm rooting for you Allergan. I hope this maintains as I can only do .25mg of finasteride daily.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So then, a few months to recruit, six month trial, another six months to a year to analyze. We'll see data in sometime late 2018 / early 2019.
maybe
look at this their predicted timeline
Capture88.JPG

since they are already late add 6 months or a year(at max)
we can definitely have data in 2018 (only if everything goes according to the plan)
but glad to see Allergan is back in the game.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wish they had gotten bimotoprost right the first go around - that was really close, but they had bad dosages.
yep bad luck with dosages and finances too.
i hope they had learnt from the past.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

mghrs

My Regimen
Reaction score
but this was trialed before. if hair growth was a side effect why wasn't it noticed like finasteride ?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wish they had gotten bimotoprost right the first go around - that was really close, but they had bad dosages.

The dosage or rather concentration was actually pretty insane, 3%. That's 100 times as much as the opthalmic solution. They are aiming to enhance the delivery now by optimizing the carrier. Nonetheless I would keep your expectations extremely low of bimatoprost, it's highly unlikely that it reaches commercial status.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maybe
look at this their predicted timeline
View attachment 47821

since they are already late add 6 months or a year(at max)
we can definitely have data in 2018 (only if everything goes according to the plan)
but glad to see Allergan is back in the game.
Why the F does every studay have months of delays? Jesus these places have worse time managment than my ex gf.

Btw, i thought a couple places had already started trialing this back in the fall. There was actually a thread going around about it on this very Forum I believe. I even contacted one of the sites but decided not to do it because of the long travel and uncertainty of what I'd be getting.