Seriously, is it wise to start Monox and finasteride at same time?

obstacle_1

Reaction score
Im starting my regime soon, Im thinning very badly and probably an NW4. So do i start taking proscar and using rogaine foam straight away? Or should I use one first for a year or something?

JJ-85

Reaction score
Yea, can someone elaborate on this as well? I started Rogaine a week prior to using finasteride. I'm not sure if I should stop minoxidil and stick with Fincar for now or continue using both

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it depends where you're at man. if you have alot of loss and are looking for your best chance at regrowing hair then do both at once no questions asked. if you are starting to lose your hair and a little concerned about it then i would say start with finasteride and add minoxidil later if you feel you need it.

Sean68

Reaction score
if youre a nw4 i personally would get on minoxidil yeah. makes you feel
like youre doing something if you use topicals rather than just swallowing a pill every day.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The way I look at it, if you are receding and want to regrow hair where youve lost some, dont rely on finasteride to regrow it, get on minoxidil.
However, finasteride might be enough if your hairline is still intact and you have diffuse thinning.
I dont think of finasteride as a growth stimulator at all, just maintanence and thats why I think if anyone wants to regrow hair, they should start minoxidil right away.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
I would start both because it's harder to regrow then it is to maintain, so starting on both would give the best results. Just my opinion, good luck!