seriously considering suicide

Yahowha

Reaction score
Last blade said:
Ever seen any normal looking balding teens?

Yes, I'm a normal looking balding teen, and I've seen a few others. Dude, it's bullshit to say that guys with hair loss in high school can't get chicks. Probably all guys that bald young feel like you feel at one point or another, as I did in my 11th grade school year - the year I first noticed my hair loss. Man before that I had some f*****g hot way out of my league girl friends, and in 11th grade I barely got any action.

Before this school year I finally realized that 90% of the problem isn't loss of looks, it's loss of confidence. I realized that and forced the thoughts of insecurity from my head. Lo and behold, I got a hot date for homecoming that budded into a great relationship. Dude, please just realize that girls don't care nearly as much as everyone thinks they do. They just want to see confidence in a guy. If one of us woke up tommorow with a full head of hair, that confidence would come soaring back. Sadly, that's not gonna happen. Any balding man just has to learn how to get around it, you've got to manipulate you're own mind to get back that confidence.

dfass

Reaction score
i just wanted to say that my hair sucks and i don{t even have the option of taking propecia or drugs anymore because they have made my eyebrows fall out. i think about suicide not seriously sometimes because hairloss has consumed me, and i shaved my head and it looks funny, but i wanted to say if it is consuming you, shave the head, you will feel better, right now my hair is so short that i cant tell i am losing hair. and i don{t have to obsess about it, i can be myself a little more and focus on other things, i hope this helps buddy, there are others in your same place.

G

LAST BLADE-

You are just dealing with the consequences of taking bad care of your hair. Just get the shampoos i told u 2 get.

AG shampoo line- has the natural oils that occur naturally in ur hair but get stripped away. You just need to get a good shampoo.

Propecia- Ur 17. Dht only effects ur penis growth, hair growth. You should be fully developed down there at 17. I was fully developed down their at like 13 as most other guys. Propecia wont stop you from aging. Don't you think if it did every guy over 30 years old would be taking it? It only blocks your dht levels. Your dht levels are probley WAY through the roof anyways.

And since you have been taking poor care of your hair you need to treat it back to health and hit it with everything you got for the first year. After a year all you have to do is use Rogain once a day to maintain.

Using rogiane once a day is not 2 hard. Takes longer brushing your teeth. Also propecia 1mg a day.

Have you ever heard of the 13 year old hawain surfer who got her arm bit off by a shark? I mean she has a smile on her face that she is still alive and can use her situation to help other people. I mean there are always people who have it worse then you. You can either try to fix your problem or just sit down and do nothing and let it get worse.

lol. I remember when I first started losing and my hair looked bad my friends would be so depressed some girl went for some other guy or something. I would just be thinking "Man just try hairloss, that problem is nothing compared to what I am going through". It sucks triple times more if you are a good looking guy and u start losing.

Anyways dude, just grow a pair. I know hairloss sucks but its not the end of the world. If you just hit it with products ur hair should improve a lot and u should be fine. GL, keep us posted.

G

Yahowha-

I know. Before I started losing my hair I got a ton of chicks cause I was really confident. Hot chicks 2. Really hot. My hair looked good 2 though. When I started losing my hair I started freaking out and my confidence took a bomb. I lost all my cool and I hit rock bottom and started becoming a person I didn't wanna be.

Luckly i learned a ton from my problem and I turned to the right direction. Btw, I have a friend and he is a SOLID NW2. He is a senoir and he just shaves his hair really short kinda like a buzz and he gets mad chicks. Cause he doesn't really care at all and he has a ton of confidence and all the girls love him. He drives a nice truck and dresses really good and has got the whole package with the confidence. You cant keep the girls away from him.

reallysad

Reaction score
Last blade said:
Thanks for the words of encouragment,i needed it.
Ive been going bald for at least a year now and im only 17 and 3 months at the minute.If you think its as easily fixed as getting muscular,being rich etc then your just being ignorant.Also your probably around 25+.Ever seen any normal looking balding teens?.Being cursed so young means it is a disease which effects every part of your life,and the fact that i have to go into school and constantly think woah dont really wanna go outside and play some football with the rest of the guys cause its really windy or raining (thus exposing my hairloss),dont want every1 to know im a balding freak do i?Then theres the jealousy factor of every1 else with their perfect hair complaining about some tiny insignificant problem like some girl and im sat there listening thinking if you want a problem try hairloss.Teenage girls are not attracted to balding teens,sorry you can be as muscular and as tanned as you want,but you'll still look like sh*t,at my age anyway.Then theres the cliche which everyone has which applies to me before also:i was the complete opposite of everything i am now.That entire world has crumbled in the space of 2 years,and because im so young it means if i go on propecia i wont fully develop so ill be a child forever.Fair enough i mite have hair but its the same type of problem in a new form.I just want to be normal,and have the things every1 else takes for granted.But thats not possible is it?,so what do i do:i can essentially close my eyes and try and say its not important,its not important which for some people may work but im acutely aware of how ignorant that is and the fact that everyone else will look at me,see my problem and therefore treat me differently.And then theres the thing that it is and will get worse and worse and worse.I still have another year of school before i go to university.Wtf am i going to do there?No doubt sit in my room and rub minoxidil and spironolactone on my head while every1 else heads out to enjoy myself.The fact is we live in a society based on superficiality.Im part of that society and i have a disease which makes me ugly therefore i have to suffer accordingly.It will only get better when i hit about 30 and others are in the same boat.At 17 its just me.

Hey, I face the same thing too and I get depressed easily. I don;t like to go on holidays with my friends cause then after a bath, they would know my problem. Same with playing soccer in the rain etc... Don't go swimming anymore because there are myths? that it is bad for the hair. Worse, I used to like making new friends but now I am slightly hesitant because that would only mean more gossips once my hairloss is discovered. Just to let you know, I started balding at the age of 14. Now, I am 22, my hairloss is still concealable but barely....

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
Stay with us young man. What do you know about life as a little 17 year old baby fat extract? What do you know about women's psychology?

My brother who lives on a wheel chair since 1999 (and whose hair loss is worse than mine btw) will marry in july. His girlfriend looks GORGEOUS.

Get out, speak to bald men, compare them with people with real problems, relativize your condition. Read Lao Tzu, Buddha, the little prince, the Kama Sutra, whatever... You've got time to change your views about looks, identity, happiness, life and its meaning.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
tomsmith said:
"Get a tan"? :roll:

That's one of the oldest cliche's on this site, along with "hit the gym" e.t.c. Really you just need to hold tight 'till you are 18 then get on Propecia. It will give you the time you need to adapt to this and move on with your life.

Suck a dick tomsmith, Some of us were just trying to help him with some quick temporary appearance adjustments. He's upset about the way he looks but not quite to the point of actually committing suicide but rather playing around with the idea, which would never succomb to him actually doing it. Getting a tan, hitting the gym will help him feel better about himself, releasing endorphins and giving a healthier appearance.Enjoying the dreariness of England this time of year oh wait its f*****g dark and dreary there all year long, sorry.

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
come on playa, dont let this get out of hand, i know it sucks, i know ho9 you feel, im on the site and am 23, started at about 19 or 20 but i got a hold of it and its looking pretty good. you need to just get threw this tough phase and it will be smoother sailing.

my advise is just keep up a good regimen, this will give you peice of mind that you are doing everything you can.

then just enjoy other things. some people suggested working out, this is will help your apearence will will be a nice change. realize that this is not the end of the world and that you have some great times ahead. good luck, peace.

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
You say your hairline is completely fucked. But it could be a lot worse - I'd pick a receding hairline over a bald patch anyday because there are still a few things you can do with a receding hairline whereas with a bald patch looks a lot worse and there's pretty much nothing you can do about them.

But hang in there. You're not the only one. Working out may help as well as it'll just feel positive and i think with that extra muscle you'll feel that bit better.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I know it's a hard thing to go through....I was there. maybe not as young as you but it affected me the same way.....It'll get better with time.... It's hair. You can live without it. THink about all the kids confined to wheelchairs or missing limbs or born with severe birth defects. When I get depressed about my hair loss. I always try to think "it could be worse". I'm healthy, I have a roof over my head, and a loving family. These are the real things we take for granted.

wiseman

Reaction score
yea man i know how you feel, im 15 and losing my hair. but my friends all stay with me and i still have my gf.
i know a 15yr old shouldnt be giving advice to someone older than me. But if you have a bad hairline, MAKE it look kewl. One of the student teachers at my school, doesnt have much of a bild, and has a 4 on the norwood scale. but every one thinks he's awsome, and hes getting married to a total babe next month.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
Been there. I'm now 23 and I've been receding since I was 17. But it seems to have happened quite slowly, thank God. I've progressed from a NW1 to just about NW2 or so (See avatar) in 7 years. Pretty impressive eh? I'm just hoping it continues to go at this slow rate or even slower (or even stop completely, yeah right!) due to my Propecia and minoxidil.
So Blade, you might be the same as me if your're lucky.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
jblig said:
Enjoying the dreariness of England this time of year oh wait its f*****g dark and dreary there all year long, sorry.

To correct you, it was a gloriously sunny day today, as it was yesterday and as it will be for the next several days (according to the forecasters).
At least get your facts right before posting inane comments.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
In fairness, I dont think that comment was supposed to be taken literally. It was exaduration of the way the weather generally is over in the UK and Ireland. And generally, you gotta admit, it does suck.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Post only annoyed me because I read it on St. George's Day and was, therefore, already pretty full of Beer, now quick pass me the aspirin.

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
The weather in Ireland has been just great for the last couple of days, but f*** man I can't face another long winter here, thats why I'm moving to Oz this MAY!! See ya(ha ha ha).

Some advice to that young guy who wants to kill himself, just remember that not every situation in life is superficial. I know that society as a popular culture is pretty superficial(the glossy magazines, hollywood, the constant and shameless amount of completely sh*t pop music). So never read to much into it all, alot of it is marketing and sales Bullshit. The world that matters most are the people you deal with personaly and not the world in general.

Jack