Serious Shock Loss After Fut Very Worried

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
years ago I visited dr Rassman because I was semi considering a bit of work on my crown.. He wouldn't do it because I had too much hair and he was afraid of shock loss.

He said this: the whole reason anesthetic works is by starving the nerves of blood temporarily. This is necessary because scalps bleed like crazy, so I think general anesthetic won't work. That blood loss can shock and kill existing hairs. I appreciated his frank honesty. Seemed like a decent person.

bluechip68

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buddy, I would say don't do anything for several months. If after 2 years you are not happy with the results then maybe seek out a new doctor.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 years?
If you are not happy by 8 months seek another alternative.
Most top surgeons will operate on you after 12 months.
I have never seen a hair come out or comeback after 8 months in my 12 surgeries.

2 years is not necessary and way too long.

B Real

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just bumping this one if i may. Just thinking about the scar and not sure what to do about it?

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Curious if there’s any updates here. I’m not a surgeon but I don’t recommend messing with your scar. You could try a simple derma roller from Amazon. I’m pretty sure they’ve been proven effective at reducing scar tissue buildup.

b real, I have to say if my doctor treated me in my situation like what you described I would be extremely displeased

hopeful24

Reaction score
I used hair fibres for the first 3-4 months after my transplant. That initial growth stage sucks! After 4-5 months though my density just came through and I was using it less and less upto 6 months where I stopped using them.

You should really consider a DHT blocker though! I used to take Propecia every day but now just have one Avodart tablet once a week + wash my hair every Sunday with Nizoral 2% shampoo. The last 2 years - so far so good!
Will hair fibers not affect the growth of the transplants especially during the first couple of months?