Send Hellouser to Miam Hair Congress 2015 - POLL

How much are you willing to donate to send Hellouser to Miami?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
***UPDATE: OCT. 12, 2015***

FUNDING IS NOW OPEN:
https://www.gofundme.com/haircongress2015 NOTE: Donations are in Canadian Currency! $1 CAD = $0.75 USD!

To discuss the congress, donations, and submit your questions to me for researchers click on the following link:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...al-Hellouser-to-Miami-Hair-Congress-2015-Fund

This thread will now be closed and all further discussions will be continued in the threads linked above.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***UPDATE: OCT. 8, 2015***

Alright guys, I just checked my bank account and GoFundMe is ready to roll out, it works!

Currently with the numbers we're sitting at $1,350. One thing I didn't factor in was the 5% charge GoFundMe as well as the $75 hike for entrance to congress, so best to aim for about $2,300. I still need to go out and buy a couple things if you guys want me to go, extra batteries for cameras, video recording will drain them FAST, extra big SD cards (video will take up a bit of storage) and a small lightweight tripod (the only one I got won't even fit into my suitcase). I think we can reach the goal if we spread the word around a little on other forums, especially since this was just to gauge things and didn't really get much attention. I know Desmond84 was able to get a lot of funds, apparently 200 people donated.

So, I just need the go-ahead from you guys and I'll post another thread with details and open it up for accepting questions to whichever researcher I get a chance to meet up with!

There's been a lot of talk about sending me to Miami this year on this forum and others, and I've said before, I do have the time. With this poll, I'd like to gauge how much we can raise to send me there before opening up a donations system only to miss the mark. My last major project for the entire year is mid November, just before the congress and will be completely free after that. I've got about 3 weeks of vacation time to use as well and already asked my boss if its okay to go then and he's fine with it.

Cost break down for my trip is as follows:

1. Flight: $600 USD (approx)
  2. Entrance Fee to Congress: $775 USD
  3. Hotels: $1,200 (4 nights at $300 per night, hopefully less!)

Total Required: $2,575

Of course, I'm willing to pay for a chunk of this myself, I'm looking at the cost of the flight, which should bring the total costs down to about $2,000. At this rate, if everyone pitches in $50, we need 40 donations.

Couple things:

• Any chance we could use a third party to accept the donations and then transfer it over to me later? Suppose that would give people some confidence I won't run off with the money and keep things anonymous between me and everyone else?
  • Should I contact the organizers and ask for permission to record the presentations? I don't wanna go there only to get kicked out or something with my camera gear and end up without any content to share (that would SUCK).

Please respond quickly and spread the word. Also, please only answer the poll if you are 100% sure you can donate the suggested amounts, we need commitment here, so no room for dicking around and missing the mark, it essentially wastes everyone's time. Also MAKE SURE to respond to this thread with your amount you can donate, let's make sure we know who's in to donate and make sure we've got CREDIBLE results for this.

More info on the Hair Congress can be found here: http://hair2015.org/. Dates are from Nov. 18 - 21. I'm looking at arriving a day early to get setup and stuff in advance, first presentation is at 11am in the morning, so dont want to rush or potentially miss anything for whatever reason.

Thank you to all in advance
:mrgreen:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure he'll get more than enough considering the amount of people willing to fund it. The good thing about gofundme is that you can go over targets and people can keep donating if they want. If it goes over the funding target who knows, maybe someone else can jump on board etc.

Doing refunds if the mark isn't met is ging to suck. I'd rather know now if it's doable.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing about gofundme is that it hardly fails because of the easy to see targets and people trust you and people have deep pockets here, so if the target is not met I'm sure they'll do their bit. How much did it cost to send the last person to the event?

Desmond's trip was quite a bit as he was coming in from australia to south korea... but he also covered a large portion of the costs as well. I have an alternative method of donating actually, one that anyone donating will get a bit of a bonus in the process as well.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
What would be the benefit of this? Is new research and/or new products announced at this conference?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
You're so smart bro. Especially since you seem to be a Ronaldo fan over Messi. Good choice.

Then thanks for calling me slow-witted because I'm a Messi fan , Joking James ;)

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in Miami and this would be a bike ride away. However, what is planned on being discussed that is even worth the entrance fee alone?

Not enough for me to want to attend I do not believe.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Miami and this would be a bike ride away. However, what is planned on being discussed that is even worth the entrance fee alone?

Not enough for me to want to attend I do not believe.

Well, the top docs will be onsite this year, Dr. Cotsarelis, Dr. Christiano, Ken Washenik as well as Dr. Lauster's team (Dr. Lindner and Beren Atac), plus many more as well as Sarah Millar who's part of Follica and Samumed. This is an opportunity to record and share all the presentations immediately across all forums; I have no intentions of keeping the videos hostage/limited anywhere, I want any and all insights possible. Last year we sent Desmond84 and we were able to get a whole host of presentations which included Dr. Cotsarelis' presentation on the prostaglandin approach that Swiss has been able to replicate. Who knows what other bit of information we can gather and fit into our solution.

I've posted this same thread on another forum to see how many people are willing to donate and right now we're standing at around $850 in total, almost half way. I think the donations will be done by a 3rd party and I'll just get one large transfer when the goal is met and spend it on necessities. I'll let you all know how/where to donate via private messages when the time comes.

NOTE: DAMN IT, the price of attendance went up to $850.

Renee1

Reaction score
Hellouser please ask dr christiano about that New York Times article that sad she created a company called rapunzel to commercialize her 3d method.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Small update: I'm trying out GoFundMe....

Note: I hate online banking and cash stuff. I don't even use ATMs, I still go to a teller at the bank.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Small update: I'm trying out GoFundMe....

Note: I hate online banking and cash stuff. I don't even use ATMs, I still go to a teller at the bank.

Same, sorry if I hate putting money into the ATM to deposit. Literally had a manager or someone walk up to me and asked me what I was in line for I told him a deposit and he told me to use the ATM machine.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm in to donate at least 100$. Set up a gofundme or indiegogo, and i'll be the first to donate.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just sent an e-mail to Beren Atac and Gerd Lindner asking if they'd be willing to meet with me should I make it to the congress.

*fingers crossed*

FiveMore

Reaction score
I've been reading this site for 3 years. finally wanted to join to say I would put in 50$ to help send hellouser.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser Gail Naughten from Histogen is doing a a speech according to there website. Maybe you can ask whats there story with all the hold ups!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Either today or tomorrow I'll know if GoFundMe's payments are working for me, I ran a test trial on a campaign and setup my bank account info and did a withdrawal, says it takes anywhere from 1-3 days, other times says 2-5 days. If all goes well, I'll make it public, we're getting pretty close to the goal in only a few days.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
We should really get Desmond from BTT in on this discussion too. Maybe some one could contact him and tell him to set up an account here.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
We should really get Desmond from BTT in on this discussion too. Maybe some one could contact him and tell him to set up an account here.
I tried putting out a message on BTT (or more appropriate The Hair Transplant Funded Forum) for other members that dont know about this forum. But that cockroach Winston keeps deleting my posts. Not sure how many users over there got the message..

My last account that I opened was Wonstin lol. Now that has been moderated too. Its now become too much of a effort to post over there. As mentioned we need to get Desmond over here, and Arashi he is good for sh1Ts and giggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.