Selenium Sulfide = Hair Loss?

maticabhi

Reaction score
Can Selenium Sulfide Shampoo Cause HairLoss?

I'm Thinking of Using 2.5% Selenium Sulfide for My Seb Derm.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Use Ketoconazol Shampoo instead. It is one of the "big 3" treatments for hairloss and it is also used for Seborrheic Dermatitis.

So you kill two birds with one stone.

Obama-wink.jpg

maticabhi

Reaction score
Use Ketoconazol Shampoo instead. It is one of the "big 3" treatments for hairloss and it is also used for Seborrheic Dermatitis.

So you kill two birds with one stone.

Obama-wink.jpg

tried ketoconazole , makes hair dry and rough then tried ketoconazole with aloe vera didnt work that much..

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
tried ketoconazole , makes hair dry and rough then tried ketoconazole with aloe vera didnt work that much..

LOL. So you want a "thing" which treats your seborrheic dermatitis, doesn´t produce hairloss and makes your hair looks better?

Use low Ketoconazol (0,5-1%). It won´t dry or rough it so much. And if it gets dry use a conditioner after.

Maybe you haven´t been using it properly. Have you gone to a dermatologist? Why do you think Selenium Sulfide is better? I think it is not.

maticabhi

Reaction score
LOL. So you want a "thing" which treats your seborrheic dermatitis, doesn´t produce hairloss and makes your hair looks better?

Use low Ketoconazol (0,5-1%). It won´t dry or rough it so much. And if it gets dry use a conditioner after.

Maybe you haven´t been using it properly. Have you gone to a dermatologist? Why do you think Selenium Sulfide is better? I think it is not.

yes i have gone to a dermatologist and i have tried everything except selenium sulfide thats why i was asking because i have read it works very well for seb derm but causes hairfall and i wanted to confirm if that statement is true or not.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, sorry. That way I don't know... I haven't try it. However it is still certain what I said: People are happier with Ketoconazol than Selenium for Seborrheic dermatitis.

Anyway, every case is different and it may work for you better.

Hope you find any Selenium user to give further advice!

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yo im from india too.
I can relate to you actually.When i had first started to use keto my hair felt very dry and my scalp kinda burned.Then after some checking on the forum i found out that Keto should NOT be used for more than 3 times a week and you scalp will get dry.I was using it everyday :p
The solution:-
Apply any oil like coconut or olive or anything to your head.They would help to keep your scalp and hair a bit moisturised.I worked for me good after i applied oil and let it sit for atleast 5 min or apply it overnight.
Also what Norwood are you and why are you using coal tar??

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hypothesis might be right. I used Head & Shoulders Antidandruff shampoo that contains selenium sulfide, and my hairline has receded more than ever. I would strongly advise people on this forum to stay away from H&S products in general.

maticabhi

Reaction score
Yo im from india too.
I can relate to you actually.When i had first started to use keto my hair felt very dry and my scalp kinda burned.Then after some checking on the forum i found out that Keto should NOT be used for more than 3 times a week and you scalp will get dry.I was using it everyday :p
The solution:-
Apply any oil like coconut or olive or anything to your head.They would help to keep your scalp and hair a bit moisturised.I worked for me good after i applied oil and let it sit for atleast 5 min or apply it overnight.
Also what Norwood are you and why are you using coal tar??

thanks for the suggestion but you cant always oil your hair everytime you shampoo? and i am suffering from seb derm thats why i have to stay away from oils too.coal tar is good for clearing seb derm/dandruff of scalp.whats Norwood btw?

- - - Updated - - -

Your hypothesis might be right. I used Head & Shoulders Antidandruff shampoo that contains selenium sulfide, and my hairline has receded more than ever. I would strongly advise people on this forum to stay away from H&S products in general.

i agree with you Head & shoulders product are just plain bad.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, here is the deal,

It does two things first of all:

Decrease PTGDS/PGD2(good) and promotes15D-PGJ2(PPAR GAMMA receptor agonist= proliferation inhibition of CD200).

Secondly, there is some evidence it increases PGE2.

I assume as long as you take care of CD Stimulation, youll be fine, just dont overdo it and you actually benefit from it. I am actually starting to get annoyed of this two-edged workarounds... -_-

Last edited:

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you know what's in these shampoos if it's not listed as the active ingredient?

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, here is the deal,

It does two things first of all:

Decrease PTGDS/PGD2(good) and promotes15D-PGJ2(PPAR GAMMA receptor agonist= proliferation inhibition of CD200).

Secondly, there is some evidence it increases PGE2.

I assume as long as you take care of CD Stimulation, youll be fine, just dont overdo it and you actually benefit from it. I am actually starting to get annoyed of this two-edged workarounds... -_-

What do you mean by CD simulation?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The progenitor cells cd34 and cd200 which are missing in a bald head.