seems a bit odd

Reaction score
Good evening, I've been losing my hair for the past 2 years and started from a thick full head of hair to very little bits of strands. I started to realize I was losing my hair around my sophomore year, it was nothing drastic just a dime thinning spot on my cowlick and progressed in time. Now it's literally my whole head of hair that's thinning and have been told on other forums it's not male pattern baldness? Im 17 now and have little to nothing on my head. About a year ago I went to see a dermatologist in my small town he was about 70+ and had no idea what he was talking about. He just looked at the back of my head for 3 seconds and said it was male pattern baldness. No blood tests or nothing. So I just bought some dermmatch and tried masking my hair loss. Another odd thing is my left crown is receeding and is almost bald whilst my right isn't? I also get burning sensations on my cowlick and my left crown. (Sorry if I am not very descriptive) my lower back of my head the hair is so brittle and weak. Any thoughts? Im also experiencing irritation on the scalp. Ps. I apologize for my previous thread a while back, I was a bit... well, retarded.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1425171048686.jpg
    PicsArt_1425171048686.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 378
  • PicsArt_1425171197926.jpg
    PicsArt_1425171197926.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 345
  • PicsArt_1425171252701.jpg
    PicsArt_1425171252701.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 347
  • PicsArt_1425171294411.jpg
    PicsArt_1425171294411.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 334
  • PicsArt_1425171419245.jpg
    PicsArt_1425171419245.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 334
  • PicsArt_1425696844998.jpg
    PicsArt_1425696844998.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Screenshot_2015-03-06-19-09-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-06-19-09-34.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 286
Reaction score
My scalp is also irritated and stings around the follicles sometimes. Do you live in a colder climate? I noticed I have more of a burning sensation in the winter months when it's cold

Reaction score
Yeah, very rainy and cold.

well from what i looked into, the pain associated with hair loss is usually caused from depression, anxiety, or any other psychological factors. I believe that dry skin/dandruff can contribute to it, since I barely had it in the summer and was outside constantly, but when winter came it got worse. I even got nizoral 2% from my derm and it won't go away. Lack of vitamin D and humidity can be a big factor.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ya doesn't look like male pattern baldness to me, thats pretty aggressive man especially at 17. I looked back at your other pictures it looks like it kicked into overdrive. Your derm is a complete moron. I suggest going to your GP first and getting re-evulated with blood tests and all that. Then go see ANOTHER derm.

doubleposted

Reaction score
The thing is my mom has her mind set on what that dermatologist said and won't listen to a word I said. And she also has no idea my hair is this bad because I've been using dermmatch these past few months.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ask your father then because whatever is going on with your hair doesn't look like male pattern baldness to me. Check out alopecia areata/totalis/universili, you said it started as a dime and grew. Not really familar with how those progress though. Hopefully you find answers.

Reaction score
I broke it to her, she just tried saying it was because I add a good amount of protein in my diet or some bull****.
I will try to convince her to take me to my family doctor and not my uneducated derma. Thanks!

Reaction score
I believe deep down inside it's not male pattern baldness related and I am sure it will do more harm then good. I hopped on minoxidil and finasteride and nizoral for a few months and it didn't seem right, I also couldn't afford the $50 prescription monthly so I hopped off.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Like others have said, you need to get a proper diagnosis and soon. Your hair is very bad for your age. If your mom doesn't realize how bad it is then show her without the dermatch so be believes you. Do what ever it takes to get yourself to a doctor.

EricGerard

Reaction score
That doesn't look like male pattern baldness at all. It looks like you have fairly equal thinning all over your head and quite aggressive for your age.

You need a blood test. Go see a GP and possibly a dermo.

Reaction score
Do you have a thyroid disorder and/or a lot of stress, anxiety, or depression? I notice some shed around the same spots around my ears and stuff and it itches there a little too. Your **** looks aggressive as **** make sure you do what you can and just take it easy and get enough sleep and stay hydrated and try to keep the blood pumping.

Reaction score
I believe my thyroid levels are fine. My doctors have been telling me these past years I could be depressed. I sleep about 8 hours a night and drink a gallon of water a day. Thanks for the advice

- - - Updated - - -

Bump

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Messed up. If it is male pattern baldness then it's crazy early and crazy aggressive. It probably isn't though, whatever you have is beyond the diagnosis capabilities of your average incompetent GP.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this kid has gotten to see at least his GP or another derm.