Seeking Advice Regarding Finasteride/dutasteride

YazDeAce

Reaction score
Hello there,

I've been using Finasteride for about 4 months now with no noticeable side-effects. My results on big 3 are spectacular and I don't wanna cut any of them off.

Now, problem is that Finasteride 1 mg is nowhere to be found in Egypt's pharmacies (not even famous ones here). Since our economy became sh*t, some pharma companies stopped producing specific meds.

Now I need advice on which should I pick:-
1- 5 mg Finasteride and split the pill into 4 and take 1.25 mg? (Already asked for a split-able pill in 2 pharmacies and they said it can only be split into 2 and that I should dissolve each half and drink half the water cup per day. They didn't confirm if that's legit tho. Should I keep searching for split-able pill?
2- 0.5 Dutasteride, split it into 2 and take 0.25 daily. (quite scared to jump into dutasteride tho).
3- Visit a dermatologist. (Visits are currently expensive as f*** and might not prescribe a legit med tho).

I only have 4 pills left, so I need to decide what to do ASAP..

Thanks in advance ^^

YazDeAce

Reaction score
So, any advice?
I am quite desperate, especially after my current results and greedy to recover more tho.
I'd appreciate any advice..

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buy 5mg, dissolve it in 5ml of vodka and drink 1ml every day.

Jerrod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro I have no idea. I just wanted to say something cuz it always sucks when you post something and tons of people see's it but no one responds. But while I'm here, what kind of progress have you had on finasteride? Any hairline regrowth?

Oreo

My Regimen
Reaction score
5 mg Fina,and split it into 4.I had tried it,and it did take effect.

YazDeAce

Reaction score
Buy 5mg, dissolve it in 5ml of vodka and drink 1ml every day.
Cannot drink alcoholics sadly..

Bro I have no idea. I just wanted to say something cuz it always sucks when you post something and tons of people see's it but no one responds. But while I'm here, what kind of progress have you had on finasteride? Any hairline regrowth?
Thank you bro, I really appreciate your comment. I am not sure if I started regrowing anything due to finasteride..I've been using minoxidil for almost a year now and finasteride for 4 months. I'd say that regrowth/thickening is faster now tho than when I use Minoxidil only. No hairline regrowth tho.

5 mg Fina,and split it into 4.I had tried it,and it did take effect.
Can you show me how does the pill look before and after splitting? There are many brands here that offer 5 mg Finasteride here and I am confused which one I should go for.

Oreo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cannot drink alcoholics sadly..

Thank you bro, I really appreciate your comment. I am not sure if I started regrowing anything due to finasteride..I've been using minoxidil for almost a year now and finasteride for 4 months. I'd say that regrowth/thickening is faster now tho than when I use Minoxidil only. No hairline regrowth tho.

Can you show me how does the pill look before and after splitting? There are many brands here that offer 5 mg Finasteride here and I am confused which one I should go for.
sorry,i am a chinese,and what i have uesd is a chinese brand.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
no loss in libido or mild ed or loss of morning ererctions?
do u smoke take other drugs?
how old are u?

YazDeAce

Reaction score
sorry,i am a chinese,and what i have uesd is a chinese brand.
Oh, It's alright. I heard about a local brand here, going to try splitting it tonight.

no loss in libido or mild ed or loss of morning ererctions?
do u smoke take other drugs?
how old are u?
Only loss to zero libido the first 3 days with a pelvic pain then nothing at all. I still get my morning erections regularly and my libido is pretty much as high as it was pre-finasteride lol. My sperm quantity is normal as well and as thick as it should be.
No, I don't take any other drugs. I tried taking 25 mg zinc pills once per day to make sure I don't suffer finasteride side effects, but that increased my libido unnecessarily and made my skin more oily so I stopped it 2-3 months ago. I am 22 years old and turning 23 soon.

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh, It's alright. I heard about a local brand here, going to try splitting it tonight.

Only loss to zero libido the first 3 days with a pelvic pain then nothing at all. I still get my morning erections regularly and my libido is pretty much as high as it was pre-finasteride lol. My sperm quantity is normal as well and as thick as it should be.
No, I don't take any other drugs. I tried taking 25 mg zinc pills once per day to make sure I don't suffer finasteride side effects, but that increased my libido unnecessarily and made my skin more oily so I stopped it 2-3 months ago. I am 22 years old and turning 23 soon.
ur really lucky

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Get the 5mg, buy a pill splitter, cut into 4, dose 1.25 for 4 days, skip the 5th day. This way you'll be loading 5 mg in 5 days, same as you would with 1mg x 5 days.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really doubt that. if I were lucky I wouldn't have to lose hair aggressively at the age of 18 :D
Could be worse. I started losing aggressively at 19 and don't respond to finasteride or minoxidil. On duta now will see how it goes. I would consider myself extremely lucky if finasteride and minoxidil even stopped my hair loss.

YazDeAce

Reaction score
Get the 5mg, buy a pill splitter, cut into 4, dose 1.25 for 4 days, skip the 5th day. This way you'll be loading 5 mg in 5 days, same as you would with 1mg x 5 days.
Yup, that's what I've done. spent a whole day searching for splitter and a splittable pill. Luckily found a local proscar here. I thought about taking 1.25 mg daily tho..what do you think?

Could be worse. I started losing aggressively at 19 and don't respond to finasteride or minoxidil. On duta now will see how it goes. I would consider myself extremely lucky if finasteride and minoxidil even stopped my hair loss.
Well, guess you have a point tho..I should consider myself lucky for responding to Minoxidil (cannot judge any finasteride results..I'd say it's working if I didn't suffer any further hair loss in months). I really hope Duta works well for you, good luck ^^

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's worth a try at 1.25 mg. /Day. Shouldn't be much of a change for you. BTW I've been on 5mg/day for a year with no ill effects.

YazDeAce

Reaction score
I think it's worth a try at 1.25 mg. /Day. Shouldn't be much of a change for you. BTW I've been on 5mg/day for a year with no ill effects.
Yeah, I am currently doing the 1.25 mg/day since I've a lot of hair to recover.5 mg/day? that sounds like an overkill...how did your body react to that?
Ironically tho, I almost swallowed the 5 mg pill before splitting it few times lol

alscarmuzza

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am currently doing the 1.25 mg/day since I've a lot of hair to recover.5 mg/day? that sounds like an overkill...how did your body react to that?
Ironically tho, I almost swallowed the 5 mg pill before splitting it few times lol
I'm 57. 5mg is the recommended dose. Specifically for BPH. Of course there have been the hair benefits. Like I said, no ill effects.

Cengiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ben Türk'üm. Finasteridden 9 ay sonra şu anda dutasterid'i 1 ay kullanıyorum. 1 gün finas gününü dutas şeklinde kullanıyorum. Yan etkilerden kurtulmak için vücudu bol su için kullanın ve olumlu olun.

YazDeAce

Reaction score
I'm 57. 5mg is the recommended dose. Specifically for BPH. Of course there have been the hair benefits. Like I said, no ill effects.
I see. I am glad it's working for you with no side effects. It feels great not suffering any sides from a med that has a high possibiliy of stopping hair loss for years.

Ben Türk'üm. Finasteridden 9 ay sonra şu anda dutasterid'i 1 ay kullanıyorum. 1 gün finas gününü dutas şeklinde kullanıyorum. Yan etkilerden kurtulmak için vücudu bol su için kullanın ve olumlu olun.
Pardon my ignorance, I had to use "Google Translator" to understand what you said :D
Well, I am afraid of jumping to Dutasteride currently, I heard it has higher risk of getting sides. I am on 1.25 mg/day Finasteride for now.

Cengiz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. I am glad it's working for you with no side effects. It feels great not suffering any sides from a med that has a high possibiliy of stopping hair loss for years.

Pardon my ignorance, I had to use "Google Translator" to understand what you said :D
Well, I am afraid of jumping to Dutasteride currently, I heard it has higher risk of getting sides. I am on 1.25 mg/day Finasteride for now.
Dutasteride olumlu sonuclar aliyorum