seeki ng advice on propecia , saw palmetto , nettle , pygeum

aem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw a trichologist a while ago , he suggested to me saw palmetto , nettle and pygeum as dht vlockers
he said that because I am over fort y years old that propecia is not safe to take
he said that can mask prostate issues that could be revealed i n test results when you have your annual check u p at your doctors , blood tests , etc
I was wondering if people agree with this trichologists advice on propecia ? because I'm not getting any good results from saw palmetto , nettle and pygeum
I cant use rogain either because I start growing thick hair on my cheeks , nose , all over my face e tc Just wanted to get people's thoughts and advice , thanx

rcom440

Reaction score
Just because you are over forty years old propecia is not safe to take? This is complete nonsense. There are more men in their 40’s that are being prescribed finasteride for the first time than men in their 20s.

aem

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to ask , it was just what m y trichologist told me
also what is 'topical low dose' ?

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would just go for Finasteride 1.25mg (Proscar or similar) and possibly an hair transplant once ur hair loss gets stabilized.

Be positive.

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to ask , it was just what m y trichologist told me
also what is 'topical low dose' ?
Low dose topical finasteride. There’s some places that do .025 percent topical. Pretty low and some of the sides are decreased because systemic absorption. Not all Though, mind you it still certainly goes systemic.

aem

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi thank you to everyone who replied , can you tell what is th e greatest topical finasteride to get , and where to order it online ? I'll try it,
sorry to ask , what do you mean when you say systemic avsorption ?

finornottofin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should look for a doctor which will prescribe you a low dose topical finasteride from a compunding pharmacy. That is the most legitimate way. Otherwise you can use an online service but YMMV.

Low dose is <= 0.025%. That means 0.025 or less mg of finasteride applied to your scalp every day. Good Luck!

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should look for a doctor which will prescribe you a low dose topical finasteride from a compunding pharmacy. That is the most legitimate way. Otherwise you can use an online service but YMMV.

Low dose is <= 0.025%. That means 0.025 or less mg of finasteride applied to your scalp every day. Good Luck!
I already have a script for 0.025% finasteride. I'm looking for a vehicle that will limit the systemic absorption.

ihatemylife223

My Regimen
Reaction score
everything i've read says they don't work. i've seen a couple posts here and there with pictures saying they got results from natural cures but don't know if it's true. i tried every natural cure i could find and my hair just got worse. it's always simpler to just take a finasteride pill