Seeing regrowth with massage, should I add minoxidil ?

THairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been giving my scalp a very good work out with this massager, it's a darn good little machine with plenty of power. Due to immense stress of caring for an elderly parent, I was nasty shedding, had drained the bath to see about a fricking 1200 hairs in globs! I started making up very concentrated rosemary water and using the massager and about ten days later the numbers of hairs was reduced to about 100 and 30 or so this recent last time. I have moderate widow's peaks, though the middle had always stayed decent thick, but then the big shed came! Prior to starting the routine, I well examined my scalp and among all the mature hairs, there was absolutely zip for smaller ones or peach fuzzy stuff. Now, after three months, there's several waves of new hair sprouting, larger hairs, probably those that had recently been shed and lots that are about 1 cm and thousands finer bristly ones I can feel with my fingers. Not picture worthy, cause most of the action is happening within the hairline and not yet so much at the edges.

I wanted to do this as natural as possible, though the Minoxidil is on its way. Now, I'm not possibly gonna be going and upsetting what I've gained by shocking it with Minoxidil? I don't know, everyone is different, just thought I'd ask!

Attachments

• 51HLH6yJHHL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    51HLH6yJHHL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 300

Anatman

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm not convinced by the bloodflow theory, but i can imagine that it helps with scalp health? can this be? I have e.g. now used keto for the second time: my scalp feels much better. and the itching is almost completely gone. I was horrified at how much this daily burden weighed on me. it was only after keto that i realized how bad the itching was. It still confuses me that pure massage helps.

Would also recommend vitamin D, MSM powder (some saw hair growth, some didn't), or rosemary oil (it doesn't help hair loss but has made my hair look fuller and helped my scalp).

However, minoxidil will be absolutely helpful. many also recommend massaging the head and then treating the head with minoxidil for better absorption. Once a day minoxidil should be enough after the massage. maybe Microneedling would also be helpful.you may see shedding on minoxidil at first, but this is normal. usually you will see results after 3-4 months. but it can take up to a year. So patience

THairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As mentioned, am more so seeing activity within the hair line, not easy to photo graph that, though had a sibling take a look at my scalp under bright sunshine and she said there's a forest of new hair sprouting about 1 cm tall, these hairs feel bristly to my fingers.
Im buying a Scalp massager.
This is a good one, will soon purchase another, I could not work with my hands what this machine does! I cut my hair on the short side to help it glide through the hair more effectively. It doesn't become tangled, though some hairs will be shed when using it, but that number has now dropped right off. Works good on both wet or dry hair.
i'm not convinced by the bloodflow theory, but i can imagine that it helps with scalp health? can this be? I have e.g. now used keto for the second time: my scalp feels much better. and the itching is almost completely gone. I was horrified at how much this daily burden weighed on me. it was only after keto that i realized how bad the itching was. It still confuses me that pure massage helps.

Would also recommend vitamin D, MSM powder (some saw hair growth, some didn't), or rosemary oil (it doesn't help hair loss but has made my hair look fuller and helped my scalp).

However, minoxidil will be absolutely helpful. many also recommend massaging the head and then treating the head with minoxidil for better absorption. Once a day minoxidil should be enough after the massage. maybe Microneedling would also be helpful.you may see shedding on minoxidil at first, but this is normal. usually you will see results after 3-4 months. but it can take up to a year. So patience
I do think this is doing a good deal of simulating of one kind or another, my scalp feels very warm afterwards, again I'm really going at things!

I do take vit D, A and E, I have stomach issues and troubles with absorption of oils, actually had been tested at the hospital for that, my iron also runs low, so yep need to take that as well! I'll have to read up on the MSM! I have a Derminator 2 and frick I absolutely cringe when using it on my scalp, I mean even on 0.5 is nasty, maybe I have thin skin. Have done much deeper microneedling on my face and it really does a great job of building collagen as long as one is consistent, that's the problem though, one needs a numbing agent otherwise ... the PAIN!

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for regarding the Minoxidil, was intending to use it once daily after deep massage. Will see how this all goes, am thinking things should be looking rather promising in another 6 to 9 months, at least hope!

Last edited: