Secrethero89's Log, 12 Months Journey, Added More Pictures, Comments are Welcome

secrethero89

Reaction score
Hello Guys I have added a lot of pictures of my hair with the timeline..

STORY: I am 24 years old.My hairloss started two years ago.. After divorcing from my long term relationship, i depressed and stressed a lot.. And my hair began to fall out rapidly.. My family has a lot of baldies... So i wanted to do something at the very early stages and started treatments with a full head of hair.

My Treatment Timeline

11rg3g5.png

My hair 2 years ago..

286wdfr.jpg

After 2 months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral(Beginning Baseline Pic)

hrcu4k.jpg

After 7 months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral

ac6h6v.jpg

2hg7kfl.jpg

mwtx8m.jpg

2hpq87o.jpg

30jpdgg.jpg

After 11 Months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral (Flash&Strong Lighting)

34y4l6c.jpg

14sp7yt.jpg

2hds4uc.jpg

2hds4uc.jpg

95o7so.jpg

After 11 Months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral (Normal Lighting)

15d7uiw.jpg

29blzq9.jpg

ta5wz5.jpg

dcel35.jpg

CURRENT TREATMENT
1.25mg Proscar ED
Rogaine Foam x1 ED
RU58841 50mg ED from Kane mixed in KB
Accutane Ultra Low Dose 10mg twice a week
T/Gel x6 a week
nizoral x1 a week
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse 3-4 times a week
Multivitamins(Biotin,B12 etc) ED

MY OTHER TRIALS

Dutasteride : I have tried dutasteride for 2 weeks. 0.5mg avodart twice a week but i noticed a sudden thinning&shedding so that i panicked and had to stop and never tried it...
Grape Seed Extract: Tried for 1 month and Nothing..then Dropped..
Shampoos : I have tried 15+ Shampoos and None of them succeed on hair loss.. Finally i liked T/Gel&ACV Rinse combo.. It fixed my seborea..
Herbal Remedies : They are all bull****.

LATEST UPDATE

After adding new treatments to my Proscar+nizoral regimen, It seems my shedding slowed down... I noticed a bit more thickening but it is only 1 month.. It is too early to tell something.. I am not sure what is going on really.. We will see the next couple months...

As you see from my photos i have lost a lot of density in 1 year... I don't know what to do.. Need advice from experienced hair loss fighters...

Thanks..

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, yes, I agree. Your hair looked like **** after you started the treatment...As you yourself said, your head is starting to look better. I could see the difference in the last picture which started to show that something has begun to happen on your head. Hopefully it will help you. I see you added minoxidil, when did you do that? It seems the pics after After 11 Months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral (Normal Lighting) shows improvement, though it may just be lightening.

I'm in 10½ month myself with finesteride and just began minoxidil, only because of the heavy shedding that started at 10th month on finesteride.

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
How are you sure that you have Androgenetic Alopecia?

accuwreck

Reaction score
hey man get off the Accutane, its widely known to cause hair loss. Its actually why I am here. Your hair loss even looks like mine.

giannis

Reaction score
Man i know how you feel i started loosing my hair rapidly after two or three months i break up from my long term relationship two years ago. i remember i saw my hair at the mirror one day and bam it hit me hair thining and increased hair fall. after some time it stopped and most hair grew back but they were thiner especially on the temples. My hair was thick like yours. So i guess anxiety and depression make hairloss worse. Your hairline seems intact and fine but what is worrying me is why finasteride thin all your hair at top where is supposed to work better doesnt make sense. If i were you i would stop finasteride for some time and see if things get better before adding anything else. who knows maybe finasteride is giving you telogen effluvium. you can always restart it later

RapidRetreat

Reaction score
Mate I am almost 100% sure finasteride gave me Telogen Effluvium I am looking the EXACT same thinning everywhere but much more noticeable on the top of the scalp I am shedding rapidly I have gotten off finasteride 3-4 months ago and still shedding but much less and am currently using revivogen for its anti dht property but not sure if it will be the goods, I am hoping that the hair lost from what I think was Telogen Effluvium will grow back but not sure I do not want to start minoxidil just yet but am seriously considering it but I have a very demanding life and it is hard to commit to

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
I totally disagree with u and others.

u had mild difuse thinning (probably from accutane, but maybe u had male pattern baldness at same time.)

u started finasteride and nizoral, u thinned alot over crown and front (a heavy shed, can often mean, great results will follow)

after 10 months your above baseline, and starting to grow quite thick.

so u shedded heavily, now ur regrowing heavily. After only 10 months thats great. sometimes it takes a few yrs.

I think if u just continue wat ur doing, ur hair will continue to get thicker.

ur acting like u havent recvoered from the shed. i see a huge recovery.

RapidRetreat

Reaction score
No offence anxious1 but for someone to say that without living through this hell is soo annoying it is comments like that that had led to me to keep taking the drug. I lived through the most horrible year and a half of my life I went from hair I could literally not get a comb through to visible scalp from every angle all over my head! I saw 3 derms and 5 doctors and eventually they all admitted that I should not have gotten on the drug because of the reflex hyperandro conditions I was showing that only got worse until I got off of the drug. It is all well and good to say mild diffuse and just below baseline but this was like an allergic reaction or like I had been on chemo I lost hair from EVERYWHERE! And not once was there ANY regrowth. I cant speak for secrethero's condition but that's what mine was like and I wish more than anything I never touched the drug.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No offence anxious1 but for someone to say that without living through this hell is soo annoying it is comments like that that had led to me to keep taking the drug. I lived through the most horrible year and a half of my life I went from hair I could literally not get a comb through to visible scalp from every angle all over my head! I saw 3 derms and 5 doctors and eventually they all admitted that I should not have gotten on the drug because of the reflex hyperandro conditions I was showing that only got worse until I got off of the drug. It is all well and good to say mild diffuse and just below baseline but this was like an allergic reaction or like I had been on chemo I lost hair from EVERYWHERE! And not once was there ANY regrowth. I cant speak for secrethero's condition but that's what mine was like and I wish more than anything I never touched the drug.

Hi Rapid....is there any chance that you may grow all your hair back now that you are off the drug? hope things are getting better.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
wat do u mean 'without living through this hell'? im on a hairloss forum arent i? wat makes u think i have it any better than u.

FYI im Norwood 3-4 and i am 'living through this hell' just like u. but ill tell u, i sure as hell didnt get any regrowth like the OP. i got nothing except more hairloss. So dont give me this, 'i have it worse than u' bs, ur alive arent u?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys I have added a lot of pictures of my hair with the timeline..

STORY: I am 24 years old.My hairloss started two years ago.. After divorcing from my long term relationship, i depressed and stressed a lot.. And my hair began to fall out rapidly.. My family has a lot of baldies... So i wanted to do something at the very early stages and started treatments with a full head of hair.

My Treatment Timeline

11rg3g5.png

My hair 2 years ago..

286wdfr.jpg

After 2 months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral(Beginning Baseline Pic)

hrcu4k.jpg

After 7 months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral

ac6h6v.jpg

2hg7kfl.jpg

mwtx8m.jpg

2hpq87o.jpg

30jpdgg.jpg

After 11 Months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral (Flash&Strong Lighting)

34y4l6c.jpg

14sp7yt.jpg

2hds4uc.jpg

2hds4uc.jpg

95o7so.jpg

After 11 Months on Proscar 1.25mg + nizoral (Normal Lighting)

15d7uiw.jpg

29blzq9.jpg

ta5wz5.jpg

dcel35.jpg

CURRENT TREATMENT
1.25mg Proscar ED
Rogaine Foam x1 ED
RU58841 50mg ED from Kane mixed in KB
Accutane Ultra Low Dose 10mg twice a week
T/Gel x6 a week
nizoral x1 a week
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse 3-4 times a week
Multivitamins(Biotin,B12 etc) ED

MY OTHER TRIALS

Dutasteride : I have tried dutasteride for 2 weeks. 0.5mg avodart twice a week but i noticed a sudden thinning&shedding so that i panicked and had to stop and never tried it...
Grape Seed Extract: Tried for 1 month and Nothing..then Dropped..
Shampoos : I have tried 15+ Shampoos and None of them succeed on hair loss.. Finally i liked T/Gel&ACV Rinse combo.. It fixed my seborea..
Herbal Remedies : They are all bull****.

LATEST UPDATE

After adding new treatments to my Proscar+nizoral regimen, It seems my shedding slowed down... I noticed a bit more thickening but it is only 1 month.. It is too early to tell something.. I am not sure what is going on really.. We will see the next couple months...

As you see from my photos i have lost a lot of density in 1 year... I don't know what to do.. Need advice from experienced hair loss fighters...

Thanks..
Hi, i have the same problem as you... how are you doing now?