Second To A Cure, What Would You Like To See Change Regarding Baldness?

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As above.

If I cure can't come, the main thing I'd like to see improved is maintenance. Over the last few years, so many companies have come up with what seem to be legitimate, low risk solutions for maintaining hair, products with far less damaging side effect profiles than finasteride. Yet they've never made it to market. Histogen was my great hope. If that had come out when they said it would, I would never have gone bald. My life would have been very different. I pretend to know what keeps firms from marketing these drugs, but surely someone on their board of directors must realise that, while it lacks the thunder of a full blown cure, a treatment that painlessly maintained hair would be a game changer. In fact, the current generation of baldies aside, it basically would be a cure. You just have your shots at 16 and every 5 years or so after that and you're done. This was probably my biggest disappointment in hairloss research.

More mundanely, I would like wigs to be more acceptable. While it is never going to rival a natural full-head, a be-wigged scalp can look good. I wore for a while when I was around 20 and in many ways, the results were great. If you take the time to achieve a good look, there's no doubt that a piece can be convincing. However, I was perpetually worried about the social side. What if a freak gust of wind came rolling in and I got caught? Should I swim? What if a girl discovered it during sex? If wig-wearing were more accepted all of these problems would go away.

What do you think?

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are stating the obvious. What do you want to read now, different thoughts ? It's not possible, everybody probably thinks the same way.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As above.

If I cure can't come, the main thing I'd like to see improved is maintenance. Over the last few years, so many companies have come up with what seem to be legitimate, low risk solutions for maintaining hair, products with far less damaging side effect profiles than finasteride. Yet they've never made it to market. Histogen was my great hope. If that had come out when they said it would, I would never have gone bald. My life would have been very different. I pretend to know what keeps firms from marketing these drugs, but surely someone on their board of directors must realise that, while it lacks the thunder of a full blown cure, a treatment that painlessly maintained hair would be a game changer. In fact, the current generation of baldies aside, it basically would be a cure. You just have your shots at 16 and every 5 years or so after that and you're done. This was probably my biggest disappointment in hairloss research.

More mundanely, I would like wigs to be more acceptable. While it is never going to rival a natural full-head, a be-wigged scalp can look good. I wore for a while when I was around 20 and in many ways, the results were great. If you take the time to achieve a good look, there's no doubt that a piece can be convincing. However, I was perpetually worried about the social side. What if a freak gust of wind came rolling in and I got caught? Should I swim? What if a girl discovered it during sex? If wig-wearing were more accepted all of these problems would go away.

What do you think?

what's histogen and why is it not out?

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are stating the obvious. What do you want to read now, different thoughts ? It's not possible, everybody probably thinks the same way.
I can't read everyone's minds. Some people may think differently, and Iwould like to get their input, yes. Also, some 99% of this board thinks the same way about most mainstream issues, yet discussions still manage to spring up. There's value in going over well-trod territory even if it's just for the purpose of rediscovering an old truth for yourself.