Seborrheic Dermatitis is smashing the s*it out of my scalp.

Obsidian

Reaction score
It's almost been a month now since that terrible shed and now getting R.H. and man this S.D. is bad, it literally feels like it is glued to my scalp.

I have been trying to get a prescription for LoProx shampoo but no luck.

Any other recommendations?

IBM

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
It's almost been a month now since that terrible shed and now getting R.H. and man this S.D. is bad, it literally feels like it is glued to my scalp.

I have been trying to get a prescription for LoProx shampoo but no luck.

Any other recommendations?

Alpha Cade Shampoo. Check my story Obsidian.

zefrench

Reaction score
what kind of seb derm do you have , oily or dry?

Kertyol S and tea tree oil works wonder to remove my scales you just have to add some into your shampoo .

If your scalp is dry may be emu oil would help and it reduces inflammation.

Some people use ACV (apple cider vinegar) and it works for them in my case it did nothing but further irratations.

There's a lot of products that can be used you just have to find those that will work for you.The key is to avoid irratating your scalp = no treating shampoo every day .

It is said that seb derm can be stress related and especially outbreaks, so if you are you should do something for it...

Obsidian

Reaction score
My scalp is defientley more oily than dry (I wish it was that). I have been overusing the shampoos to treat it (T/Sal,Nizoral, Tea Tree). I remember before I was on Green Tea extract, fish oil, and 1 to 2mg of Biotin a day but I honestly didn't think it had much affect if anything on my hair. Maybe it did.

zefrench

Reaction score
The oily version...the worst...

I've been in the same situation and you should stop the treating shampoo for a short period of time or maybe only use them once a week.A mild shampoo would do the job of soothing your scalp.Elution works great for me .I also used vitamin E on my scalp and it did reduce inflammation but grease on grease , it kills some of my hair.

Fish oil wasn't a bad idea at all since it contains linolenic acid which is supposed to help with inflammation maybe add a supplement of zinc instead of biotin,it's purpose is to reduce inflammation too.

As for the over oiliness on your scalp i guess liquid minoxidil ( not a greasy version ) will do the trick of drying it just enough for the day but it depends on your expectation it might not be satisfactory ,i mean i am glad when my scalp isn't that much greasy at the end of the day , you see...

Vitamin B5 at a high dose is also rumored to help with the production of sebum...