seborrheic dermatitis - hair loss

cllaucl

Reaction score
Hello guys

I was recently diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis which i have for 3 years and it\s a pain in the *** i can say. Red, itchy and oily scalp plus the yellow and white flakes. Since i have this i lost more then 50% of my hair, my eyebrows also shedding. My question is: is there any chance i can recover the lost hair if the dermatitis is treated?

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Not in my experience. Ive had this problem for years and ive now finally successfully treated it with a combination of Nizoral 2%, coal tar shampoo, and salicylic acid shampoo and organic tea tree oil shampoo, all alternated and hydrocortizone drops, but ive yet to see any regrowth.

now it may be possible theoretically if thats the only cause of ur hairloss, however i had male pattern baldness and seborraic dermititis, so the dermititis just accelerated the loss. id still be receded without it. if youve receded in the male pattern baldness shape, just with added flakes from the dermititis, youve prolly got both. if youve lost hair all over, u may just hav dermititis and id say yes it is possible, but in my experience they go hand in hand. In any case u should still treat it, and see wat happens, it can only be good news for ur scalp to rectify the dermititis.

id suggest nizoral 2% once a week, coal tar twice a week, salicylic acid once a week, and in between a natural shampoo. and twice weekly hydrocortizone cream. this covers alot of angles and also helps with male pattern baldness.

heyyou

Reaction score
as from what i've heard seb dermatitis and male pattern baldness go hand in hand together. men usually have seb derm and then suffer from hairloss due to DHT. as for myself I still have a little seb derm but i'm treating it with nizoral, tea tree shampoo and T/Gel with salicylic acid and PTO. My dermatologist also prescribed me Sporanox pills before to cure it and it helped a lot.

i'd say i have it cured and it feels way better than it did before the pills and the shampoos. i also take propecia, because of the famous DHT.

good luck to you, try to go to dermatologist and ask him/her about these pills. also if you have male pattern baldness history in your family, jump on finasteride.

cllaucl

Reaction score
what about if i want to start wearing a hairpiece? will this dermatitis affect in some way? i don't want to start taking finasteride

resu

Reaction score
Alternate shampoos, don't use just Nizoral and don't buy any of the stuff with fruit perfumes and other garbage on the women's section at the supermarket. You could also use oils: tea tree, jojoba oil and aloe vera to calm the scalp down.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am with resu:
"You could also use oils: tea tree, jojoba oil and aloe vera to calm the scalp down." camomile oil also