Seborrheic Dermatitis And Future Androgenetic Alopecia Treatments

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Future treatments like sisheido or histogen are aiming to work on androgenic alopecia, but a lot of us who suffer from this condition also suffer from seborrhea or from seborrheic dermatitis. Would this condition affect in any way to us as candidates for those treatments? Apparently, there is a strong relationship between DHT in seborrhea (the DHT makes more seborrhea) and the only reference I got is that for the phase 1 of replicel they were excluding candidates who suffer from severe seborrheic eczema (which I don't know how to differentiate between severe and not severe really).

SkinDiesel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I too would like to know the answer to this. You'd like to think they were excluded from the trial just to maximise statistically significant results, however I'm no expert. I know in the case of a hair transplant SD doesn't affect the procedure providing it isn't, like you say, 'severe'.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I too would like to know the answer to this. You'd like to think they were excluded from the trial just to maximise statistically significant results, however I'm no expert. I know in the case of a hair transplant SD doesn't affect the procedure providing it isn't, like you say, 'severe'.
Yeah, I mean, take replicel for example, it is supposed to inmunice follicles to the DHT action but that doesn´t mean the DHT is gonna stop affecting your seborrhea. I guess best case scenario is that they are two different problems and treatment would end the androgenic one but the seborrhea will still be there (which you would still have to treat).

SkinDiesel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, take replicel for example, it is supposed to inmunice follicles to the DHT action but that doesn´t mean the DHT is gonna stop affecting your seborrhea. I guess best case scenario is that they are two different problems and treatment would end the androgenic one but the seborrhea will still be there (which you would still have to treat).
Yeah man hopefully. I can deal with having SD if means a full head of hair haha

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before minoxidil and finasteride

The first definition of common baldness was
Seborrheic alopecia

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I imagine your hair will still fall out, but at least it will grow back. I'm not very familiar with the condition, but surely there must be people who have it in the occipital region of the scalp. How does it affect the hair there?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Apparently, there is a strong relationship between DHT in seborrhea

What you mean by that?

My idea is that problems with hair fat can be the first events in the multifactorial problem of common hair loss.

I imagine your hair will still fall out, but at least it will grow back. I'm not very familiar with the condition, but surely there must be people who have it in the occipital region of the scalp. How does it affect the hair there?

Interesting question, but I think that occipital region of the scalp raraly suffer from seborrheic dermatitis.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My idea is that problems with hair fat can be the first events in the multifactorial problem of common hair loss.

Interesting question, but I think that occipital region of the scalp raraly suffer from seborrheic dermatitis.
So you think that every Androgenetic Alopecia case is connected to a seborrheic problem?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, in the first events of the problem. Not only the hair fat or sebum over the scalp but the amount of it inside the pilosebaceous unit, the problem arrive when appears problems with sebum flow, ....., IMO sebum is vital for healthy hair but we need cearte, remove and eliminate continously in over to avoid the "stop" of the natural sebum flow. The areas more problematic are the front line and the crown in the vertex, ...., where normally start the common baldness.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, in the first events of the problem. Not only the hair fat or sebum over the scalp but the amount of it inside the pilosebaceous unit, the problem arrive when appears problems with sebum flow, ....., IMO sebum is vital for healthy hair but we need cearte, remove and eliminate continously in over to avoid the "stop" of the natural sebum flow. The areas more problematic are the front line and the crown in the vertex, ...., where normally start the common baldness.

Interesting that you mention that Armando. Before I started losing my hair I had a lot of sebum flow. I used Nizoral, and that fixed my hair loss initially, but my hair become very dry and over time it started falling out again. My hair is still dry now, even though I haven't used Nizoral in years. My question to you is, does Nizoral permanently reduce sebum flow, or do you think the continued dryness is just a result of the Androgenetic Alopecia process?

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would assume, then, that seborrheic dermatitis would not be an impediment for treatments like replicel or histogen to work on us. We just need to have the problem under control.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting that you mention that Armando. Before I started losing my hair I had a lot of sebum flow. I used Nizoral, and that fixed my hair loss initially, but my hair become very dry and over time it started falling out again. My hair is still dry now, even though I haven't used Nizoral in years. My question to you is, does Nizoral permanently reduce sebum flow, or do you think the continued dryness is just a result of the Androgenetic Alopecia process?

Exactly, a lot of time meds recomended nizoral, and hairs become very dry. Sebum is a two edge sword, a lot of sebum can be bad but dried sebum also can be problematic. Try jojoba oil as a lotion by night and wash your hair in the morning, in a few weeks you must be better in hair issues