sdavis' story

sdavis

Reaction score
Well im 24 starting to get really thin on top and in the front. It started when i was about 19 but now it is becoming noticable. I would like to keep my hair for as long as possible. Im not taking anything right not but think that i should start while i still have some hair left.

What do you think? Any good ideas and is there anyone else thining the way i am? Any advice would help can you tell me what stage im in? also is this the signs of male pattern baldness?

p11101269qw.jpg

p11101116dz.jpg

p11101068sk.jpg

p11101009ja.jpg

p11100740ym.jpg

p11100689tk.jpg

jeffsss

Reaction score
most people on here are going to tell you your fine.. you have a full head of hair etc..

I don't knwo what your hair looked like when you were yougner, but you can definatly tell it's thin. and it's almost 100% that it's male pattern baldness

I'd suggest getting on propecia.. this will hopefully slow down or even stop hair loss..

use nizoral shampoo 2-3 times a week.

if things get worse you can add other things. but this should get you started.

sdavis

Reaction score
Do you think i should take propecia and cut the pill in half or take the whole thing? What do you think i am on the norwood scale?

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you are thinning a little yes, but don't fret too much it isn't that noticeable.

Best thing to do is research the "big 3" and get going with some treatment. Keep your hair short like it is, and watch the finasteride work it's magic.

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
sdavis said:
What do you think i am on the norwood scale?

It's hard to say, you are kind of a combination of different stages. You look like just below a norwood 2 on the hairline (Which is awesome, you have a good hairline to work with.) You just have a little diffuse thinning / vertex thinning.

StoptheMadness

Established Member
Reaction score
definitely ask your doctor for a prescription for propecia. Your hairline is what it is at this point in time. It's not bad now, but make sure you use the propecia NONSTOP, EVERYDAY, for an indefinite amount of time....you'll thicken much of your scalp if you use Propecia nonstop, everyday. And you'll be happy you stuck it out. You are at the stage where Propecia works best. Don't blow that opportunity

sdavis

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments i will get started on it right away...Can you tell me the big three that i need and wheres the best place to buy them. Do i need Propecia or other syuff i hear about..dutasteride. Adovart stuff like that what is the best to take?

sdavis

Reaction score
Yea it sometimes itches and it itches a lot when i work out and sweat, why does that mean something??

incubusor

Established Member
Reaction score
sdavis said:
Yea it sometimes itches and it itches a lot when i work out and sweat, why does that mean something??

Just wondering because some guys have itch along with their male pattern baldness and some do not.

The itch is what drew my attention to my scalp and hair loss. Its always worse at night for me.

sdavis

Reaction score
OK well im ready to get started on slowing down my hair loss. So today im going to get Minoxidil do you think i should order it if its cheaper and if so from where? Any suggestions on a few shampoos and conditioners? Also I guess I will start propecia...As far as propecia where should I get it from or should I see a doctor first? I just shaved my head with a #2 so I can get the Minoxidil right on the scalp, that and I shave it every few months anyway, I might keep it short for good if I do lose all my hair then people will be used to it. So if you want I can try and get PICS up with my head shaved so that I can take PICS every few months to see if anything is working... I was thinking of measuring my different angles of my hairline to see which way im headed has anyone else done this? Any other advise before i start?