Scwarzkopf sun protect leave in cream conditioners

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been using Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure sun protect leave in cream conditioner...gives a nice shine to piece and offers some protection to harsh sunshine...however getting harder to source.

Anybody recommend something similar?

Based in UK...cheers

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
assume @threadkilla is referring to their beach wave spray, which is a texturizer in that product line. it's supposed to create 'surfer hair', and those surf spray-type products have salt and are drying a lot of the time.

what do ya'll like so much about the bonacure product compared to coola, aveda, sun bum etc?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
All of these chemicals. Our body does not produce chemicals to nourish hair.
Jojoba oil has a natural spf of 4

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well i'm assuming the idea in this case is to get some sunscreen on the hair to stop the dye fading without also adding weight or grease etc

i haven't tried any leave in product that i like but need some sun protection for this current piece. tempted to try straight sunblock spray honestly.

i'm of two minds about this. in theory, the best time to have conditioner in your hair is when you're out in the sun, because you're basically deep conditioning. but deep conditioning ime tends to make dye bleed a little so i'm wondering if straight sunblock will be more effective for color retention.

i don't like any of the leave in products i've tried for conditioning and prefer to be minimalistic with products. i don't even shampoo, just apply a reconstructor and a homemade color conditioner every few weeks.

threadkilla

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried high factor sun block mixed with water and again leaves the hair dry looking...just looking for an alternative to Schwarzkopf cream which wasn't too heavy and gave some protection

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are plenty of leave in conditioner sprays on the market for hair systems that have UV protection in them and don't weigh the hair down with too much product. Most the ones I've tried have been really good. Just have a browse on https://www.treatproject.nl/ and try a few out. That site stocks hair system products and is run by someone who used to work for Hair Direct.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i would want a spray, but if you're okay with a cream, Q Sunshade by Q-SkinScience has been recommended in another thread.

fwiw the BC Bonacure cream is readily available in the US, just the spray version is a little tougher to source.

here's some links: