ScottyE's story - (age 16, baldness as a teen)

ScottyE

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Scott. I'm 16 years old and am already losing my hair. As I've noticed for about the past half year, my hair has been getting thinner. It isn't as thick as it was before. When I dry my hair with a towel, I'll notice strands fall to the floor, and I pull out a bit when I brush it. Also, my hair line has started receding. If I hold a mirror behind my head]and look into a mirror in front of me, I notice that my crown is thinning a bit too. It looks different than everyone else's.
That's all I've got for now. I can't stop stressing out about going bald before I'm through with high school. Teens are superficial. That's just how we are. It would ruin me to go bald as a teen. It's all I think about. I'll spend hours on the internet, searching for cures. I find them, but I have no job. I have no money. I can't spend 50 bucks on a bottle of Rogaine. I don't know what I should do. I know it's just thinning now, but I want to stop myself from complete baldness before it gets worse.
If anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Re: ScottyE's struggle with developing baldness as a teen

Borrow your moms credit card and buy Proscar online and mail it to yourself. It does not appear on the statement as medication or on the parcel. So your mom will never know exactly what it is if your worried about other people finding out. Split the proscar into 4 equal peices with a pill cutter or razor. Proscar will only set you back about $40 for a 3-4 month supply. Surely you can afford that? Get a job. Its worth it dude. Its your freakin hair!

ScottyE

Reaction score

Dude, she fuckin laughs about my hair. It's not like I can just expect her to let me borrow it. And I'm not just gonna take the card either.
Some good news is that I'll have a job this summer for about 300 bucks a week.
Otherwise, I'm genetically screwed. My dad was very noticably bald before he got out of high school.

beaner

Reaction score

metalheaddude said:
Borrow your moms credit card and buy Proscar online and mail it to yourself. It does not appear on the statement as medication or on the parcel. So your mom will never know exactly what it is if your worried about other people finding out. Split the proscar into 4 equal peices with a pill cutter or razor. Proscar will only set you back about $40 for a 3-4 month supply. Surely you can afford that? Get a job. Its worth it dude. Its your freakin hair!

This is the worst, most irresponsible advice to give a 16 year old. Are you a fool? (stupid question, I know) BTW when I used to buy online it showed up on my statement as "ONLINE PHARMACY" I'm sure his mother would really love that.

Scotty you should not be taking finasteride at your age as it's a hormone altering drug and shouldn't be taken by anyone under the age of 18 and certainly should only be taken under the guidance of a physician. Generic minoxidil (Rogaine) is only about 6 bucks a month if you get it at Walmart or one of those places and may help thicken things back up until you are old enough to take Propecia. I believe you need to be 18 to purchase it, but I'm sure if you talked to your parents about your situation they may buy it for you. Talk to your family doctor as well.

In the meantime, search around these forums---there is alot of valuable information here. Revivogen may be another good option for you although it's rather expensive.

Good luck. I started losing my hair at your age and know exactly how you feel.

ScottyE

Reaction score

Thanks, beaner. Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about taking my mom's credit card. Hopefully when I get the money this summer, I could have one of my parents buy midoxil for me.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one that has started at this age. I thought something was wrong with me.

antonio666

Reaction score

the b**ch laughed at his hairloss,well if she was my mum ,i would do more than steal money from her card,she would be hanging from the nearest tree

ScottyE

Reaction score

So did my dad. I just talked to him about it. It's no big deal though. I just don't see why they find it amusing.
I've noticed that I'm already starting to distance myself from people, and I'm feeling depressed a lot of the time.
And trust me antonio, stealing money is the last thing I'd do. She's having enough financial trouble as it is.

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

metalheaddude said:

Another great post from Metalmoron.

HairMe

Reaction score

hey there, scott. I believe losing hair at 16 would be even worse to losing hair even when you're 21. Its more or less the same as I consider 16yrs old to 30yrs old still Very Young!

I can understand how you feel in school. how you might feel depressed and even avoiding people. And please, don't take finasteride at your current age. Perhaps, you might wanna save up a little bit and approach your Doctor and seek help from them instead.

Gd lck...scotty

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score

In the end, fighting this is a long agonizing battle that you cannot win .

Take a nice hard look at your future.

15 years of slapping creams and liquids that smell like the unwashed side of a donkey *** onto your head and pretending people don't notice. Taking hormones that you buy from Indian pharmacies (zero side effects I promise) Letting this consume your every second, minute and hour of your life.

You cannot win.

You will go bald.

You cannot stop it.

The choice you have is to let it go, accept yourself the way you are, and get on with your life.

OR

Let it control you.

Good luck!

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Olorin said:
In the end, fighting this is a long agonizing battle that you cannot win .

Take a nice hard look at your future.

15 years of slapping creams and liquids that smell like the unwashed side of a donkey *** onto your head and pretending people don't notice. Taking hormones that you buy from Indian pharmacies (zero side effects I promise) Letting this consume your every second, minute and hour of your life.

You cannot win.

You will go bald.

You cannot stop it.

The choice you have is to let it go, accept yourself the way you are, and get on with your life.

OR

Let it control you.

Good luck!

Well thats rather pessimistic :shock: To be honest in the near future I might consider dumping the topicals but I will never get off finasteride because its so easy just to swallow a pill every morning and without it I know for a fact I would be a lot balder had I not been on it. Its saved me 2 norwood levels at least for now.

powersam

Reaction score

metalheaddude said:

i'd be quite cautious about advising a 16 yr old to take finasteride, in fact i just wouldn't. how much research have you done about the effect of antiandrogens on body development during puberty metalheaddude? how many studies have you read?

you are aware that DHT is vital to external male genital development?

edit. if i'd actually bothered to read the thread i would have seen that others had already given good answers in response to metalheaddudes irresponsible post. many thanks and may nubile goats lick your peanut butter smeared nipples throughout the autumnal nights.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Metalheaddude, you have some responsibility here. I think you should think again before advising a 16 year old to steal from his mum and take a drug like finasteride.

antonio666 said:
the b**ch laughed at his hairloss,well if she was my mum ,i would do more than steal money from her card,she would be hanging from the nearest tree

You wouldn’t ‘hang your mum’ stop talking sh*t. It makes you look like a fool.

metalheaddude

Reaction score

To be honest I somehow skipped the part where it said he was 16. I therefore retract my statement.

Say no to drugs :nono:

But just for the record If i had my time over and finasteride was actually available back in my day I would of started taking it at 13 to preserve my juvenile hairline. But thats just me :devil:

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

metalheaddude said:
If i had my time over and finasteride was actually available back in my day I would of started taking it at 13 to preserve my juvenile hairline. But thats just me :devil:

I hope you're not serious

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Why not? There is no evidence it would be detrimental whatsoever. I was actually 6ft at 15, everyone thought I was going to be real tall but I never grew an inch since then so im still the same height.

So tell me how finasteride could effect a young adolecents growth? (Im not saying it wouldnt) Im just asking how you think it might be detrimental to them.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

They will have a small nob maybe. :dunno:

s.a.f

Reaction score

metalheaddude said:
If i had my time over and finasteride was actually available back in my day I would of started taking it at 13 to preserve my juvenile hairline.

Even if it would have also preserved your juevenile penis. :mrgreen:

powersam

Reaction score

metalheaddude i think you should read and lurk for a lot longer before you start giving advice. go do some research and find out what dht does in the body, specifically during puberty.

Reaction score

I'm turning 21 soon, and have about zero chest hair, and not much facial hair, so the puberty thing is a little worrying. But I'm just as desperate as metalheaddude when it comes the my hair, so there's a lot I would risk to stop my hairloss.