scottyboy's Story

scottyboy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 21 and have noticed some thinning on the top of my head recenty.

I have always had really full and thick hair, so much so that my hair always needed thinning out at the hair dressers.

I have a video tape of my Holiday 6 months ago where the cameraman was on top of a balcony filming down on top of me and you can see in that footage that my hair was ultra thick. :shock: (6 Months ago!)

Now in certain lights you can see through my hair, when I have a shower you can see through my hair see my scalp.

I am at the stages of trying to figure out what is causing my hair loss.

There are several factors I am considering but there seem too many for me to single one out - I am hoping it is the first one (I can't remember my hair ever being thin before this one)

1) 3-4 months ago I let somebody bleach the top of my head, it didn't turn out a good colour after 35mins so it was again bleached for a further 35 minutes with fresh bleach. (The person used bleach on my roots aswell) After not coming out a good colour my hair was then died back to black. (Note the hair got lighter over time and you can still see the area in a lighter shade where it was bleached 4 months ago) It is only the area that was bleched that is thin. If it is this one then is my hair going to grow back? When?

2) I have lost 1 stone in weight and have gained a fair bit of muscle and am using protein supplements

3) I have been experimenting with body hair loss items (such as dissolcing creams) which have resulted inn more body hair - could this be causing less head hair?

4) Stress - Parents spiltting up, although my hair looked thin before this.

I am a quest for knowledge and could not live with going bald in my 20's, I already started going grey at the sides when I was 16 (Thank you just for men).

I will find an answer...

Scotty.

KevinW

Established Member
Reaction score
I new here so I can answer too much...

Were you using cleaning bleach or a bleach hair dye kit? Also, I would probably avoid anything that has to do with hair removal, even if its for other parts of your body, just to be safe.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here is a world proven way to see if you have male pattern baldness or not. Go to a doctor and get a refferal to a dermatologist. Go to the dermatologist and tell them you think you are going bald and that you would like for them to see if you have male pattern baldness.