Scars on top of head?

teqeeler

Reaction score
Does anyone know with all of todays scientific breakthroughs, have we figured out a way to remove scars?
I have this very inconveinant placed scar right in the middle of my head, towards the lower part of my crown. it's not to much of a problem with my hair long, but with the large amount of balding i have encountered, this scar is not very becoming, especially with all my other scars i have.

whoever said chicks dig scars was obviously 3 sheets to the wind.

i'll snap a pic later on

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
teqeeler said:
Does anyone know with all of todays scientific breakthroughs, have we figured out a way to remove scars?

There are creams and lotions that can minimize scars before they form, and I think fresh scars can be treated w/ topicals to further minimize the scarring effect - but I think that a mature scar is pretty well set in (but I'm certainly not the last word).

If it's a "raised" scar - Doctors can at least shave it down to skin level.

That's really all I know on the subject.

Guys? Anyone w/ any "real" info to offer?

DC

Reaction score
You are in the same boat as me. I never had a scar until recently. But, as luck will have it I was in a car accident in Jan and got a nice laceration to my forehead that required 9 stitches. After speaking to my doctor I got a little info. Apparently plastic surgeons can do some kind of laser surgery that will improve scars. But, my insurance wouldn't cover it so that is out of the question for me. My doctor pretty much told me that once you have a scar it will never completely dissapear. So he recomended trying some over the counter remedies and/or vitamin E oil. I have been using over the counter mederma topical and feel that it has defenitly helped my scar blend in with my natural skin color. So maybe you should try some OTC's for the time being it can't hurt. On the bright side maybe your hair will cover those scars for a long time.

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an enormous lump and scar on my forehead barely inside my hairline, both due to cracking my head on the bottom of a swimming pool in 1988. I know that if I go bald the scar is also going to have those little dots running down either side made by the stitches, which should really give it that Frankenstein look. Obviously, I look forward to that. I have doctors in my family, none of which are plastic surgeons, but in their opinion I can have my scar minimized, but it'll always be very visible. I can almost guarantee that my scar is worse than the rest of you.

Like I said they are not plastic surgeons, so if somebody can tell me how I can get rid of it, I'm all eyes.

teqeeler

Reaction score
rapidfrontal said:
I have an enormous lump and scar on my forehead barely inside my hairline, both due to cracking my head on the bottom of a swimming pool in 1988. I know that if I go bald the scar is also going to have those little dots running down either side made by the stitches, which should really give it that Frankenstein look. Obviously, I look forward to that. I have doctors in my family, none of which are plastic surgeons, but in their opinion I can have my scar minimized, but it'll always be very visible. I can almost guarantee that my scar is worse than the rest of you.

Like I said they are not plastic surgeons, so if somebody can tell me how I can get rid of it, I'm all eyes.

Hey looks like we have something incommon! That's exactly how i got my scar too, from landing on the concrete bottom, going head first in the pool, ouch!
mine isn't too bad, was about 9 staples, i think it could have came out better.since it was the first day for this intern.
Doctor comes in when the intern is working on my cut, he goes did you wash those instruments?, the intern is like oh ya i forgot too.

shaving it down would be nice, because its raised a fair amount.

Deaner

Reaction score
Maybe if you simply knew how to use a pool and used common sense you wouldn't be in this dilly of a pickle :)

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
Deaner said:
Maybe if you simply knew how to use a pool and used common sense you wouldn't be in this dilly of a pickle :)

I did use it correctly. Aren't they meant to have people diving off a second story roof completely sh*t-faced into the shallow end. Seems pretty obvious to me that that's what its there for, no?

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
teqeeler said:
rapidfrontal said:

Hey looks like we have something incommon! That's exactly how i got my scar too, from landing on the concrete bottom, going head first in the pool, ouch!
mine isn't too bad, was about 9 staples, i think it could have came out better.since it was the first day for this intern.
Doctor comes in when the intern is working on my cut, he goes did you wash those instruments?, the intern is like oh ya i forgot too.

shaving it down would be nice, because its raised a fair amount.

Well, your scar must be on your upper forehead also, then. If you lose that hair there aren't the lease bit bothered by the propspect of going around the rest of your life and explaining it to every new person you meet. And then people who don't know you would just always refer to you as that guy with the big f*****g scar on his head and everybody would know exactly who they were referring to---you. That's what I am going through. I am already planning on telling people it s a wound from Operation Eduring Freddom, or I received it when I was lifting a large car of a young child trapped underneath, etc etc.

teqeeler

Reaction score
rapidfrontal said:
Deaner said:

I did use it correctly. Aren't they meant to have people diving off a second story roof completely sh*t-faced into the shallow end. Seems pretty obvious to me that that's what its there for, no?

Me too i jumped off the slide into the deep-end of the pool, doing my best imitation of a greg luganas dive, except the the walls slant into the deep end, apparently i missed the dateline special on these old style pools.

teqeeler

Reaction score
rapidfrontal said:
Mickey said:
If the scar is that bothersome a friend of mine use products from here for his scar he cant recommend it highly enough.

http://www.dermablend.com/index.aspx

THanks, I'll check it out.

That looks like good stuff, could possibly use them on the scars on my chin, i mean i use minoxidil and proscar, might as well throw on some makeup to.
i don't think it would work for my forehead since its a good ole sized raised scar.
if the doctros could shave down the scar, then this dermanblend could work quite nicely.

rapidfrontal

Established Member
Reaction score
teqeeler said:
rapidfrontal said:
Mickey said:
If the scar is that bothersome a friend of mine use products from here for his scar he cant recommend it highly enough.

http://www.dermablend.com/index.aspx

THanks, I'll check it out.

That looks like good stuff, could possibly use them on the scars on my chin, i mean i use minoxidil and proscar, might as well throw on some makeup to.
i don't think it would work for my forehead since its a good ole sized raised scar.
if the doctros could shave down the scar, then this dermanblend could work quite nicely.

The scar on my forehead is enormous and in the shape of the letter C, and there is a huge lump directly underneath the scar which further emphasizes the scar, but the scar itself is not really raised. Therefore, maybe the cover up will work a little bit on it, but up close there is not much I'll ever be able to do to hide it. This is, of course, after all my hair is gone, or at least in the front.

teqeeler

Reaction score
i feel your pain man.
if my hair is grown out you don't notice scar, but i recently shaved my head to a very low level and the scar stands out like a sore thumb, it makes me look bad to say the least, the bad part is it really interupts the hair i have left.

BlueMan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a worse problem than just a scar.

I'm 30 years old and gradually losing my hair. I'm doing the Proscar and minoxidil combination to help keep what I've got.

I have an unusual problem that I've noticed since my hair loss began several years ago. On the top/rear of my head in the crown area I have about 7 ugly ridges which form lines going in approximately the same direction from the rear to the front. It basically looks like I have too much skin up there, and the extra skin has formed these ridges/wrinkles. They go deeper that just a scar would be. But if you didn't take a close look you might just think they were ugly scars. I've seen this condition a couple times out there on guys who aren't scared to show it. I guess it's just how my cranium formed and the skin formed on top of it. I would assume it's always been this way; I just never noticed because I used to have alot of hair! Does anyone out ther also have/had this condition. I think the only viable solution for me would be to eventually udergo some sort of scalp reduction, since I have a very loose scalp, and that's the only way the ridges would ever go away.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that the same company that puts out Neosporin also has come out with a scar solution treatment. You might try using something like that as it looks promising.