Scarred for life from head shaving - no turning back.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been shaving my head with a razor the last two years which has created a lot of scars at the back of my head. It looks even worse than a strip-scar. I will never have hair growth there again, and I will never shave my head again. Now I will live as an eremit 24/7 since I refuse to go outstide with a none-shaven NW5.

I suppose Im in the same boat as the hair transplant-guys with strip-scars that want to shave their heads but cant.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Frankie,

How's it going? It sounded from your previous posts that you were starting to 'get used' if that's the right word to your baldness and becoming a bit happier.
I've been shaving for only 3-4months then I stopped, and now have a 'tight and high' army almost 'mohawk' style cut, but I shave the sides etc with a Razor once a week to shave time from using clippers every 2-3days.

I know you mentioned you are a NW5. I'm a Norwood 3, probably very soon to be a 4, I can see it and it's getting thinner too, but have you tried this style? I use a small amount of concealer on the hairline to buff it up a bit.
If you keep the sides short, and a bit on top with some concealer it can look ok. Check out some 'HIgh and Tight' cuts on the net.

I'm sure you mentioned as well that you had pale skin and very dark hair (like I do).

Good luck in what you do.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was okay, but maybe I should say I pretended to be okay.

Shaving my head is my life-guard atm, but I dont want to risk developing more scars so I guess I have to live with looking like Wayne Rooney.

CCS

Reaction score
How do you get scars from shaving your head? I shave my face and never get scars. Bumpy head?

You should at least go outside with a baseball cap. People will find out eventually, but not like you have to show of your scalp all the time.

Your bros may crack jokes now and then, or ruin it for you with some women you like, but at least with the hat you won't be scaring away any new women. Sure, you have to hide it from them, but at least they won't treat you bad in passing.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You could always get your head tatooed to fill in the scars.

warren_complete1.jpg

CCS

Reaction score
You are not supposed to use ink. That is an outdated method. There are tattoos with hair colored iron oxides that do not fade in sun light. The body does slowly absorb the iron oxide (rust) over time, making it fade, but the color stays the same.