Scared's Story -( Started my loss trying to prevent it ?)

scared

Reaction score
From January through March I went on the Master Cleanse, aka the lemonade diet for the first time. This "diet" is really a juice fast. I was really gung ho and fasted for 50 days. It was remarkably beneficial in many ways. However, About 40 days into the fast someone on the Master Cleanse forum told me that many people had experienced hair loss several months after ending the fast. Sure enough there was a whole section on the forum devoted to hair loss. I was worried and someone suggested using Nutri-Ox, a shampoo used by many cancer patients experiencing hair loss. I started using this to prevent any potential hair loss. I used until the starter kit was gone but it irritated my scalp and I wasn't experiencing hair loss so I stopped using it. Several months later my hair began shedding. I was in denial at first and I think I exacerbated it by having my hair colored as I usually do. It then began falling out at a really fast pace. I started using the Nuti-Ox again and it finally stopped falling out. I've been using it this second time now for about 4 or 5 weeks - every 2-3 days. I've doubled the amount of the bottle of step 3 that I'm supposed to use and started also using level 2 of step 3 in one area at the front of my head where it's a little more noticeable than the rest of my head. (There are 3 levels of step 3 and I think this is the main medicine of the treatment). I don't have any health insurance right now since I was laid off from my job about a year ago so I can't afford to go to a doctor. I suspect using it in the first place is what really caused my hair to fall out. I don't know whether or not I should stop using this stuff. I'm trying to work with a dietician, she suspects the problem is a lack of proper nutrition from the fast. What should I do? Should I stop using this. If so what will happen? Will my hair likely grow back? Please answer my questions, I really don't know what to do and I'm really scared.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
ok well it sounds like your experiencing Telogen Effluvium
which is telogen effluvium hair loss

most likely caused by your extreme diet
i suspect your liquid fast put your body into shock
which would explain why three months later you experienced a shed
usually after your body goes though some "trauma/shock"
it tells your follicles to stop growing
they go dormant for three months
and when a new hair begins to grow in
it pushes the old one out