Scared...

George1234

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm George, female, 18,
I'm finding it very hard to accept my hair loss, I started to notice it in January through my alevels (I'm 18 now, was 17 at the time) but kept it to myself as I thought it was just a stress thing. I think I may have been in denial. The condition stabilised for a while and it was relatively easy to hide it, but today I noticed that my hair loss has spread. I'm so scared that I'm going to lose all my hair, I feel like no one would understand (yes, I haven't told ANYONE, not my parents, friends, boyfriend, no one...) I'm scared I'll lose them all too. I'm keeping everything bottled up and then I have massive breakdowns, and I can't be supported cause no one knows why I'm upset.
I guess I just need someone to talk to.. If anyone could give me some advice I'd be seriously grateful..
Xxx

Julieholl

Reaction score
Hi George,
Well, I can't say I've completely managed with my own fears yet, but there are things which do help. First is the support of your family. I would have gone crazy without it, and I believe you should talk to your parents. Second is much harder. It is understanding and accepting that however frustrating the hairloss is, being scared, being mad and crying won't help. You should develop your strategy and start fighting. I've tried a whole lot of treatments and finally finished with just one of them, which probably is helping a bit, but it is still to early to say. You will find your own remedy. You are young and your life is all ahead. Just don't give up!