SCARED TO GET HAIRCUT! HELP?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please help.
Although my hair is long, my hairline is bad (classic M) and the front/temples are receding.
I haven't had a haircut since January.
My hair is long, messy and looks terrible.
I'm just so scared to get a haircut. I know if i cut it too short, my hairline will be revealed. At the moment i'm styling my hair by applying some product and putting my fringe to one side. This gives the appearance of a straight hairline. However if it's a windy day = RIP.

I also constantly walk with my head down when it's windy and i feel like everyone is looking at my bad hairline. It's a terribe feeling. I feel very embarrassed and depressed. (I hate the wind with a passion)...
To make matters worse, I've noticed a distinctive difference in female attention from when i make an effort styling my hair to when i don't. I never realized how important hair is to attracting women. :thumbdown2::thumbdown2:

I feel as if my hair gets any worse i might have to push the eject button. If you know what i'm saying. [eject from this ****ty life]. I'm 22. :thumbsdown:

what to do?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post pictures of your current hair and we can give you tips on how go get it cut.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
first of all, negative emoticons bring negativity into your life. try emoticons such as :alien: (aliens are always a good reason to live) and perhaps :love:(love) or even :band: (I look at these ones as Nirvana emojis)

seriously though, an over exaggerated, negative self perception can eat you away, slowly. Your hair may be nowhere near as bad as you imagine, or it could be worst than you imagine (sorry but it's true). Usually, we blow things up in our minds. You need an unbiased perspective. like Dave said, post pics of every angle, and definitely one of the hairline. We can HELP BROTHER!!!

alrefai

Reaction score
I totally can relate! I know cut my own hair just to avoid the barber messing my up :-(

TheLoneWolf

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the feeling with thin hair and battling the wind. If you think your longer hairstyle is doing a decent job of masking your hairloss, try going to a stylist instead of a barber and tell him/her your concerns. A lot of times they can clean up your look up with a good trim and without touching those areas which are currently helping you hide the thinning. They have many techniques like layering the longer portions and fading the shorter ones to give you a nice even look all around. It may take going through 3 or 4 stylists before you find one that does a job you're really satisfied with, but it'll likely be worth it. When you do find that good one, after the haircut is done ask him/her to tell you what they did so you can describe it back to them in detail on your next visit.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
first of all, negative emoticons bring negativity into your life. try emoticons such as :alien: (aliens are always a good reason to live) and perhaps :love:(love) or even :band: (I look at these ones as Nirvana emojis)
Nirvana were three plus pat smear in the background! These might be the foo fighters a day Grohl had no guitar

AussieM

Reaction score
Firstly massive ups to Nirvana! A massive fan of Kurt Cobain RIP

And dude I know the exact feeling. I work in an office so I get my hair cut every three/four weeks. I hate seeing how thin it is every time but I agree with buckthorn you have to keep positive. Do not get down on yourself you are not the only man in the world dealing with this I promise you that. If it really bothers you that much to get it cut, buy some cutting scissors from ebay (they work awesome) and learn off youtube to do it yourself. Seriously give it a crack! Worst case scenario you f up and have to go get it cut properly haha