Scared to continue finasteride due to gyno signs

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been 3 months on finasteride and I feel like I’m getting some unusual chest enlargement. It’s odd because I haven’t felt common gyno symptoms of tenderness or itch I just noticed it in the mirror. If I discontinue finasteride will it reverse itself or is it permanent? I’m so horrified now, never thought I could develop such a rare side effect. I feel like I was just starting to get great results too. Any ideas?

Attachments

• A647FB99-4323-4B51-9244-8736FED0D273.jpeg
    A647FB99-4323-4B51-9244-8736FED0D273.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 7C9CF866-76BC-4BAA-A591-739315EC19C8.jpeg
    7C9CF866-76BC-4BAA-A591-739315EC19C8.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 209
  • B1C7C4F6-D937-44B1-BDB3-0E7E22AFACE2.jpeg
    B1C7C4F6-D937-44B1-BDB3-0E7E22AFACE2.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 198

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as there aren't any gyno symptoms it's fine. It could be some fat redistribution due to slightly higher estrogen after your body got used to finasteride. You also showed pictures before you started taking finasteride and your chest already looked similar.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As long as there aren't any gyno symptoms it's fine. It could be some fat redistribution due to slightly higher estrogen after your body got used to finasteride. You also showed pictures before you started taking finasteride and your chest already looked similar.
What could I do to counter this? My chest feels fatter and in t shirts my nipples kind of poke now. Could it get worse? Here are more pics before finasteride back in June.

Attachments

• 510F2714-8AEF-4C83-BC53-4BB0BB579A0A.jpeg
    510F2714-8AEF-4C83-BC53-4BB0BB579A0A.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 103
  • C4F6784E-1787-49B8-8C54-8D9D83EF15DB.jpeg
    C4F6784E-1787-49B8-8C54-8D9D83EF15DB.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 110
  • E8B80D15-EF12-4BAF-B5F8-AC3D4A1A1E80.jpeg
    E8B80D15-EF12-4BAF-B5F8-AC3D4A1A1E80.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 103

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not gyno. You need to work out. You nees to eat plenty of calories, but lean more towards the protein side for sure since your body fat percentage is already starting on a higher side vs leaner side. You should limit carbs...at least for now.
I feel like I’m at a healthy weight though for my height. And The more chest workouts I do the more fatter my chest is gonna look I’m afraid.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
This first pic your arm is up which would make your chest more flat. Second one your arm is down. I went into the bathroom to see myself do the same motions. You are ok.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exercise more to get rid of your skinnyfat body. Focus on the Bench press, Incline Bench Press, the Dumbbell Fly, do some Pec-Decks too. That will build up muscle on your chest and tone it up. One hour of weekly cardio would also be good for your body too.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like I’m at a healthy weight though for my height. And The more chest workouts I do the more fatter my chest is gonna look I’m afraid.

You may be at a healthy weight but your body is skinnyfat at the moment. You can choose to cut or do a clean bulk. Personally I would cut first.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You may be at a healthy weight but your body is skinnyfat at the moment. You can choose to cut or do a clean bulk. Personally I would cut first.
Cut mean just do mostly cardio and light weight lifting? Less cals?

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The doctors are going to think you are crazy asking for a mammogram when you definitely won't get breast cancer after 3 months on finasteride. It's already a very rare side effect, if any.
I want a mammogram x ray done to confirm there’s no gland growing from testosterone amortization to estrogen lol not cancer!

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So no gyno then? I kind of want to get a mammogram for peace of mind.
I recommend watching this guy's video.

You generally want to aim for a 600 to 800 deficit during a cut so as to not lose much muscle. You should be mainly lifting, avoid too much cardio because if you do mostly cardio your body will still kind of look fat after the cut due to your muscles being underdeveloped.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score

You generally want to aim for a 600 to 800 deficit during a cut so as to not lose much muscle. You should be mainly lifting, avoid too much cardio because if you do mostly cardio your body will still kind of look fat after the cut due to your muscles being underdeveloped.
Ok so is finasteride basically making my skinny fat body more worse in a sense due to estrogen causing more fat gain?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

That sort of muscular body on that guy just looks weird to me, i think there can be a balance between the two extremes.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sort of muscular body on that guy just looks weird to me, i think there can be a balance between the two extremes.

He takes steroids since he's a professional bodybuilder. You can rest assured that you won't look like that unless you do the same and train hard too.