Scar Revision Reimbursement

baldstudent

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck getting reimbursed for a scar revision? I am from the Chicago area and went to Bosley for my transplant.

I want to get a trichophytic closure done by Dr. Konior in Oakbrook, IL. I think the cost is about $2k, I am not sure.

Bosley said, "if we do another procedure we can do a better job with your scar", so this showed me that they know they gave me a bad scar. I won't go back to Bosley, but I think it is unfair to pay for the revision entirely myself especially since I coughed up $8k for 1200 grafts 5 years ago. I know most things are unfair guys.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Doubt you will get any money back from Bosely, you'll just have to take it on the chin and chalk it up as a learning experience.

I've seen good examples of Dr Konier's hair transplant work on another site, but don't take my word for it, seek out plenty of opinions and photos...otherwise it will be a case of 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me' the line that Bush junior got wrapped round his head, still, it's a good saying.

baldstudent

Reaction score
Ha, thanks for replying Petchsky.

Yeah, take it on the chin. That's what she said. Sorry, some Office humor.

Dr. Konior seems credible. I want to go to him for the revision, not sure if he does FUE. My plan is to get the revision then FUE to fill the scar.

Hey, I heard Bosley does FUE now!

Petchsky

Reaction score
baldstudent said:
Hey, I heard Bosley does FUE now!

Badly no doubt...but if there's money in it. Let us know how you get on mate.