Scammed on ebay - be careful guys...

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, just discovered that I along with about 88 other Rogaine foam buyers have been scammed by one very dark soul on ebay.

I've just lodged a dispute and escalated it to a claim...hope to get the refund soon (should do so as many others have already judging by the comments left on their feedback page)

Maybe the seller died....he's uncontactable anyway.

Just stay away from smithfamilymarket as a seller guys!

We all happened to purchase around the same time.
I gave the seller up to 6 weeks for it to be delivered (considering the predicted congestion during the holiday season) but no show....I should have checked his feedback a week or 2 ago when my intuition started gnawing away at me....been too madly busy with everything to do such a thing.
Oh well..... :roll:

Please be careful guys.

Cassin

Reaction score
Wow I just looked up the guy.

Thats so odd...it's like their shipping every other item. I bet the positive feedback is from past purchases.

One guy claims they chased their money order and another says pay pal is suspended so I am sure their done. Looks like they were a top notch seller at one point. Judging by the items, it doesn't look like they have exactly cashed in scamming people. Your rogaine is the only expensive item. For sure something bad happened.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... =-1&de=off

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i buy from danny9793, he's a good seller

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you're going to scam people, at least do it with big ticket items. This way, you only have a few people angry at you, and not some angry mob of cheap 99 cent items. I'd hate to be that guy right now... because at least by now several people have his shipping address. :)

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
As I alluded to earlier, perhaps he's now on the other side.
Maybe he got beaten up and left for dead in a back alley. God only knows.... :?

Adz

Reaction score
Guys, I have been scammed by this guy as well. No joke. I bought a 4 month supply & it never came. Paypal decide if my claim has grounds on the 16th of Jan. They sent me an email saying they do believe I have resonable grounds to make a claim against this guy. I sent Paypal a brief description of events outlining dates & all communication sent to this guy. Please be aware of this seller.

Adz

Reaction score
Sorry im in Aus & have just realised today is the 16th in the US. They have made this guy refund me. I hope anyone else who has had an issue with this guys see's a similar result.

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Adz.
Sorry to see you got screwed as well.

I'm in Aus too and paypal said for me that the date for refund (if the claim is successful) will be 21st Jan. Since I've already bought some more Rogaine foam elsewhere I'll be using that refund to get another lot since the expiry date is very good I've heard.

My current Rogaine foam seller is: hkapur with a feedback score of 3890 positive and only 1 negative!
I think I found a great seller here. 8)

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend this guy: ez2ctrl

He sent me a note letting me know when my order was going to ship, and this morning I got an email saying it shipped along with a tracking #.
100% positives from this guy.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 3 month supply of foam for $28.51US (winning bid) plus $11US shipping to Canada from po0164sj.

I'll update once it arrives which he said it would be roughly 2 weeks.

Total was ~$47CAD after converting which over 3 months is peanuts.

Kaveman

Reaction score
re:

Heh, I just got a picture in my head of a mob of bald guys beating this guys door down and beating the crap out of him. :freaked2:

JustinM71

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

Kaveman said:
Heh, I just got a picture in my head of a mob of bald guys beating this guys door down and beating the crap out of him. :freaked2:
LOL
Well I'm too placid for that plus I'm not bald but it still sounds funny. :)

Update:
I just received my Rogaine foam (4 month supply for the price of 3) in only 6 days from the US to Australia!!!!
I'm just blown away....

Highly recommended seller: Hkapur

johnnytuinals

Reaction score
Geee I feel bad for the good people on here that got screwed...
I don't remember who I bought my 6 months worth,but it only cost me around $60 with shipping......Its great to buy off of Ebay and get much better pricing.Mine said that the expire date was April of 2007 and I still have 1 bottle left so I would think most are selling new stock and not old stock....JohnnyT

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
One seller kept jerking me around so i did a credit card charge back on him.

It was only 20 bucks but I still showed that bastard I meant business.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
newcell said:
I just purchased a 3 month supply of foam for $28.51US (winning bid) plus $11US shipping to Canada from po0164sj.

I'll update once it arrives which he said it would be roughly 2 weeks.

Total was ~$47CAD after converting which over 3 months is peanuts.

Hey,

Just updating:

I bought (won auction) Rogaine Foam 3 month supply from po0164sj on ebay.ca. I paid on January 19th and I received it today January 26th so shipping is pretty fast. He has a great feedback score and will be buying from him again.

Foam was unopened and it looks exactly like his pics show. Just throwing this out there for all the people in Canada wanting to buy on ebay.

I have yet to open it up but I'm sure it's the real stuff :p