Scalp tingle/itch totally destroying my hair :(

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So years ago i had a deep journey into stopping my hair loss with no success and many side effects that include joint pain and a ichy scalp in the areas that were thinning. It was a male pattern baldness itch that i never had before starting these treatments. Well in the end i decided to stop all treatments but for some reason the itchy scalp never went away. Infact it would be worse depending on what i put on my skin or drunk/ate for some reason. Like a weird type of allergy that isn't an allergy. I felt incredibly broken for a long time with this issue.

Well somewhere along the way i managed to get it under control... i ain't sure how but the itch subsided and my hairloss slowed down for many months. Admittedly during that time i wasn't doing alot. I was having digestion issues which may have been taking up all of my immune systems attention. But as of recently the itch has come back and is really destroying my hairline. infact in about a 3 weeks my hair has thinned out a whole patch on my hairline moving back to mid-scalp that I'm on my way to having abit of a breakdown. I feel like i'm soon gonna have to shave my head because there is no hiding the damage. today has been just tingle tingle tingle.

This itch isn't something that can be fixed with a dandruff shampoo either. i have tried and they make it worse. it feels like either my immune system is creating the issue or my scalp nerves have become really sensitive. And this isn't something a doctor can help with as there is no sign of inflammation.

I have cousins on my mothers side with the same male pattern baldness who are older than me that will probably have more hair than i will by the end of this year if this itch doesn't calm down again. I am stunned by how much damage its doing. And i can't use hairsprays or brush my hair too much as they also make the tingling worse all day.

My biggest mistake was trying to stop my hairloss years ago. I'm now being punished for it. My body is punishing me. And its upsetting as there is a girl i like and i set out to self-improve myself, and this situation has just destroyed my confidence. i can't even look at myself without feeling sick. I feel ugly.

Last edited:

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would suggest you use more natural and holistic hair products. Don't use products with lots of chemicals as they may be making the itch worse. An itchy scalp is associated with dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, etc. But if you don't suffer from these issues then your product choices may be the reason why your scalp itches badly.

Go for hair products that are helpful in treating the underlying conditions of your itchy scalp. Use products that contain the perfect blend of ingredients that can soothe and heal your scalp.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I can't use many shampoos without it making the itch worse. the only shampoo i have found that helps is Nioxin 2. and I don't know why that is. it is a very drying shampoo and has alot in it. Might actually be drying my skin out alot since i use it daily. also effecting my collagen levels too. But its the only thing that helps abit

I have had allergy tests and they found nothing. I have had inflammation tests and all seemed ok. And i had a test for auto-immunity and there was nothing.

My Immune system or Nerve sensitivity could be responsible but there isn't a great number of ways to find out for sure.

Last edited:

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you try using products with all-natural ingredients? Using hair products that have essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential oils in them must benefit you. These products are free from any side effects and can help you reverse the effects of the most common hair health issues.

If every possible test seems okay, then I would also suggest you visit a functional medicine doctor near you. They are able to get to the root cause of your health concerns. Hair-related problems are also one of them.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you try using products with all-natural ingredients? Using hair products that have essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and essential oils in them must benefit you. These products are free from any side effects and can help you reverse the effects of the most common hair health issues.

If every possible test seems okay, then I would also suggest you visit a functional medicine doctor near you. They are able to get to the root cause of your health concerns. Hair-related problems are also one of them.
Honestly yes i tried several shampoos that were natural. That didn't have this or didn't have that. shampoos for sensitive scalps or baby shampoo ect ect. they made my scalp itch worse. I have to also watch what face creams i use too because they also make it worse.

I don't even know what id even tell a doctor. there is no signs of inflammation. i was even given steroid cream to try and that made it worse. its pretty much the Male pattern baldness itch. i never had it before taking Dutasteride but now I'm being punished clearly because the itch has become so temperamental and wants to remind me how much i fucked up.

Honestly guys be very careful when trying these treatments. if you get a bad reaction in terms of inflammation or any health issues... STOP USING IT. infact STOP USING ANY TREATMENTS because your body is clearly fighting against them. Don't overload your body full of treatments desperately trying to find one that worked the way i did. I am broken and have no hope left. I don't know why scalp has become so sensitive or whether my body is now producing DHT over just about anything now. but in the last month its really done some damage. and its made me panic and go on to dating sites. Which oddly enough also makes the itch worse. I guess DHT is released on visual attraction. Which is horrible if true. I mean give me a break. I have cried all my tears. I have lost all my optimism.

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
R U 5 8 8 4 1
I tried RU. Did not help. Infact may have done some damage to my scalp sensitivity.

I'm convinced your immune system has something to do with whether these treatments work or not. If your immune system is good and its doing its job right, then it will try to defend against invaders. And sadly i think my immune system sees DHT blockers as invaders to my system that its trying to correct.

I managed to get the Male pattern baldness itch under control for a very long time. I aint sure how i did it. But then i decided to try oral minoxidl about a month ago, because i thought maybe the itch had gone for good. But after day 2 of oral minoxidil the itch came back and its been back ever since. I only took it for 2 days and thats the damage it did to me.

The only way i can calm it down at the moment is basically nioxin 2 shampoo, an anti-inflammatory diet and avoiding stress or thoughts of sexual attraction. then the itch would calm down. I think that might be what made it go away before, because i really lost interest in finding a GF for like a year.

Last edited:

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly yes i tried several shampoos that were natural. That didn't have this or didn't have that. shampoos for sensitive scalps or baby shampoo ect ect. they made my scalp itch worse. I have to also watch what face creams i use too because they also make it worse.

I don't even know what id even tell a doctor. there is no signs of inflammation. i was even given steroid cream to try and that made it worse. its pretty much the Male pattern baldness itch. i never had it before taking Dutasteride but now I'm being punished clearly because the itch has become so temperamental and wants to remind me how much i fucked up.

Honestly guys be very careful when trying these treatments. if you get a bad reaction in terms of inflammation or any health issues... STOP USING IT. infact STOP USING ANY TREATMENTS because your body is clearly fighting against them. Don't overload your body full of treatments desperately trying to find one that worked the way i did. I am broken and have no hope left. I don't know why scalp has become so sensitive or whether my body is now producing DHT over just about anything now. but in the last month its really done some damage. and its made me panic and go on to dating sites. Which oddly enough also makes the itch worse. I guess DHT is released on visual attraction. Which is horrible if true. I mean give me a break. I have cried all my tears. I have lost all my optimism

You shouldn't stress so much. I know this can be frustrating but stressing so much over it would make you lose even more hair. You must visit a functional medicine doctor. Our body is made up of many interconnected parts and when one body part isn't functioning correctly, it can affect your other body parts too, even your hair. They will be able to get to the root cause of your scalp itch and will advise the necessary solutions.