Scalp Tingle And 4x More Shedding On finasteride

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been using finasteride for about 6 weeks. I had minimal hair loss. I probably was a Norwood 1.5. I immideately noticed more shedding everywhere, so I dropped down to .5 mg two weeks ago. Terrible shedding still continues. I'm losing thick hairs in places that had no sign of thinning pre finasteride. I've also developed a scalp tingling sensation 24/7. Also I have been getting hives on my hands and feet every day for the past week. Don't know if I can contribute the hives to finasteride or not.

Just cut my hair yesterday. It is definitely worse than before I started, I am a NW2 now for sure.

Almost certain I'm having a bad reaction to finasteride

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I gained a scalp tingle from finasteride too. So i switched to taking one every other day and it went away. i continued that for a few months with no success unfortunately

I switched to dutasteride and had the same scalp tingle response... so i stopped using it. But sadly i think its left my hormones abit of a mess and now my scalp is so sensitive.

Matt Rogers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I gained a scalp tingle from finasteride too. So i switched to taking one every other day and it went away. i continued that for a few months with no success unfortunately

I switched to dutasteride and had the same scalp tingle response... so i stopped using it. But sadly i think its left my hormones abit of a mess and now my scalp is so sensitive.

Did you shed way more hair with the tingle feeling? I'm diffuse thinning all over the place

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It did appear like with the tingle came with a more sped up harloss yes.

For me it was just the hairline though.

People kept telling me to keep going with it... but the tingle always seemed suspicious too me.