Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp threading with polydioxanone monofilament threads: a novel, effective and safe modality for hair restoration.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jdv.14336/abstract;jsessionid=6904BD06ECCA43C31B3AC339C691FF2F.f04t04?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+usage+report+download+page+will+be+unavailable+on+Friday+24th+November+2017+at+21:00+EST+/+02.00+GMT+/+10:00+SGT+(Saturday+25th+Nov+for+SGT+

Published in JEADV. Great.

Thoughts? There's been a lot of movement in recent months ... it could be said that there has never been a year with so many movements and good news in general for androgenetic alopecia. I believe that 2018 will definitely be your year. As he said @Desmond_84. Time to be excited ...

luca10

Established Member
Reaction score
What is this treatment about? You have to pay to read the article.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ what the f*** am I reading...

Hair loss treatments just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Craziest thing is it actually seemed to work.

This freaks me out a little.

They should show us the results with the NW4 white man in first pic. The 2nd isn't exactly the same position/lightning but still there is results,can't deny it.

Growth factors and Wnt have been seriously underestimated. In comparison, minoxidil and other growth stimulants seems to be bullshit.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can soembody explain what this is?

It looks like it's essentially a form of wounding, like microneedling. They thread a dissolvable thread through scalp thus wounding it and trigger the same wound healing response as with dermarolling, except this is below the skin and due to the thread the wound stays "open" I assuming for several weeks, or maybe even months. Apparently it's already widely used for non-surgical face lifts.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scalp threading with polydioxanone monofilament threads: a novel, effective and safe modality for hair restoration.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jdv.14336/abstract;jsessionid=6904BD06ECCA43C31B3AC339C691FF2F.f04t04?systemMessage=Wiley+Online+Library+usage+report+download+page+will+be+unavailable+on+Friday+24th+November+2017+at+21:00+EST+/+02.00+GMT+/+10:00+SGT+(Saturday+25th+Nov+for+SGT+

Published in JEADV. Great.

Thoughts? There's been a lot of movement in recent months ... it could be said that there has never been a year with so many movements and good news in general for androgenetic alopecia. I believe that 2018 will definitely be your year. As he said @Desmond_84. Time to be excited ...
So what makes you think 2018 is our year? Just from your perspective, from mine it might be because Brotzu should be out (scam or not) and Replicel/Shiseido should release by the end of 2018 but that's about it.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do we replicate is the answer? I am rolling into the beauty parlour and asking the threading eyebrows girl to do my scalp? could be awkward

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is huge. That looks like a really good density transplant with no shock loss. Dhurat may end up being the name we chant one day. Take a week off work, get a sewing kit infused into your scalp, sewing kit dissolves, grow hair.

Am I wrong in assuming this can be performed sans FDA trials since there is no drug, and just a procedure?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is huge. That looks like a really good density transplant with no shock loss. Dhurat may end up being the name we chant one day. Take a week off work, get a sewing kit infused into your scalp, sewing kit dissolves, grow hair.

Am I wrong in assuming this can be performed sans FDA trials since there is no drug, and just a procedure?
okokok so this should be the same R Dhurat as dermaroller study.?? could be Interesting !

Last edited:

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"We evaluated the efficacy and safety of PDO thread insertion
into the scalp in five male patients of Androgenetic Alopecia with unsatisfactory
response despite 18 months of treatment with 10% minoxidil
and oral finasteride; enrolling them after written consent, ensur-
ing a 3-month wash-off period from previous therapies, and
having ruled out any contraindications."

These patients had no success with finasteride and minoxidil. Also, as stated above, they were off finasteride and minoxidil at the time of treatment.

"As a non-surgical face lift modality,
threads stimulate neocollagenesis within 2–3 weeks with clinical
results expected to last for 2–3 years.1"

I wonder if this would have similar indications for how long the new hair would last? The threads absorb over many months so the wound induced growth might be drawn out over that time. Also the superscript 1 at the end is referencing what would appear to be an interesting article.

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize this has been posted before, but wanted to point out a little statement I read on another study by Dr. Dhurat:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26120151
"The obtained results were sustained post procedure during 18 months follow-up period."

If the hair can last this long just from a few microneedling sessions, imagine the possibilities for this procedure.
Follica is onto something big and has a strong ally over in Mumbai.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize this has been posted before, but wanted to point out a little statement I read on another study by Dr. Dhurat:
"The obtained results were sustained post procedure during 18 months follow-up period."

If the hair can last this long just from a few microneedling sessions, imagine the possibilities for this procedure.
Follica is onto something big and has a strong ally over in Mumbai.
Strong competition hopefully, it'll make Follica release their product sooner, that's what a lot of these hair loss companies don't have COMPETITION.