Scalp probs

juhis

Reaction score
Hei

I am currently 24. I am not on any medication but am beginning to realize that I will need it soon. I noticed 2 years ago my hair changed. The individual hairs became thinner. However, at this same time, my scalp became very irritated (almost "crusty" in a way). I just figured I had dandruff and the hairs which were falling out would grow back after my dandruff went away. Well, 2 years later, my scalp is still dry and bothering the hell out of me.

Anybody know how to get my scalp healthy again? I use dandruff shampoo (Head and Shoulders) and there are no flakes coming off my head, but it's still dry as can be! Thanks for any info/recommendations you can offer

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the dht could be causing som issues on the scalp, and youre hair loss.
i would start with finasterid 1 mg and nizoral or fun goral shampo with ketoconzale in it.
good luck

juhis

Reaction score
Jojje said:
the dht could be causing som issues on the scalp, and youre hair loss.
i would start with finasterid 1 mg and nizoral or fun goral shampo with ketoconzale in it.
good luck

what about rogaine? you think i should keep away from that for now? it seems like a major pain in the a** to apply!

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rogain foam has worked greate for me, easy to aply, fast working, and does not make my scalp itchy or flaky.

juhis

Reaction score
i just ordered some Rogaine and bought some Nizoral today

i think i'll stick to these 2 for a few months and see if i notice an improvement. i'm weary about putting Propecia into my body. although i do have a 3 month supply of Finpecia on its way in the mail. My scalp has felt like it's on fire for a couple of years now and i'm hoping these 2 treatments will help. Can anybody tell me more about the Nizoral spray??? Is it found at the same location where one can buy Nizoral shampoo?

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
juhis said:

i think i'll stick to these 2 for a few months and see if i notice an improvement. i'm weary about putting Propecia into my body. although i do have a 3 month supply of Finpecia on its way in the mail. My scalp has felt like it's on fire for a couple of years now and i'm hoping these 2 treatments will help. Can anybody tell me more about the Nizoral spray??? Is it found at the same location where one can buy Nizoral shampoo?

Only two months? You have to be more patient than that and wait at least 4 months, but preferably 6 months or even longer to really see if there is any improvement.

juhis

Reaction score
RadioRaheem said:
juhis said:

Only two months? You have to be more patient than that and wait at least 4 months, but preferably 6 months or even longer to really see if there is any improvement.

i realize that. i suppose i shouldnt have specified how much i bought because i plan to buy more. it was the best deal i could find at the time