scalp problems

DC

Reaction score
After leaving work lately my scalp is very itchey and inflamed. When I get home and look into the mirror it looks like the front of my scalp is peeling.. It is red and inflamed. The problem is this is where I have the most lost. I am concerned that this is dermatitus and may cause more loss. I will usually was it with Nizarol 1% with some conditioner. It seems to help a little but I would like to completely get rid of the problem.

Any ideas?

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
DC said:
After leaving work lately my scalp is very itchey and inflamed. When I get home and look into the mirror it looks like the front of my scalp is peeling.. It is red and inflamed. The problem is this is where I have the most lost. I am concerned that this is dermatitus and may cause more loss. I will usually was it with Nizarol 1% with some conditioner. It seems to help a little but I would like to completely get rid of the problem.

Any ideas?

I have had the same problem, then I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis. If thats what you have then you can only treat it, with stuff but its not curable....

good luck

abcdefg

Reaction score
Same here. Has the derm stuff actually helped your seb derm at all? I was prescribed with a mild case of it and after 3 or 4 derm visits none of the things I tried did anything but make it worse. The amazing thing is saw palmetto made my head a lot less itchy when I used it for the first time. I mean it made a night and day difference for me. The 2nd time I used it after quitting due to sides of ED it didnt work nearly as well.

docj077

Reaction score
Either wait for a topical or internal that is only a 5 AR type I inhibitor or take Avodart.

Nizoral should help, as well.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
You could try:

Treatment:
Emu oil
Jojoba Oil
Aloe Vera
Copper peptides (Folligen, Tricomin)
Zinc Shampoo - Head & Shoulders
Tar Shampoo - T-Gel
ketoconazole shampoo - Nizoral
Salicylic acid shampoo - T-Sal
Hydrocortisone cream (0.5% to 1.0%)

Prevention:
Frequent shampooing, bathing, and regular use of antifungal creams can minimize the intensity and frequency of future flare-ups.
Frequency and intensity of flares also can be minimized by nutritional supplements of essential fatty acids as well as MSM