scalp pigmentation

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree, but getting a natural looking treatment is as simple as requesting one. A guy in my work has a very defined MHT hairline. I think he is a norwood 6/7 and from behind I cannot see where the MHT begins and the hair ends, even under bright lighting, but the hairline was a giveaway for me. Nobody else seems to bat an eyelid though, it just looks like a very sharp haircut to them I guess.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Mikey123 said:
I would urge anyone thinking about doing this to reconsider. It looks absolutely ridiculous.

I've been thinking it over for like a year now. HIS' results are brilliant. I still have a lot of hair anyway so it'd look great. Much better option than going bald at 18.

s.a.f

Reaction score
That hairline looks abit odd now thats the lowest juevenile hairline you could possibly have, but ok because he's still young but when he gets older its going to look ridiculous. And none of those pics are close up.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
That hairline looks abit odd now thats the lowest juevenile hairline you could possibly have, but ok because he's still young but when he gets older its going to look ridiculous. And none of those pics are close up.

Looking at the case study there's not much else he could have had done. His forelock hasn't been lowered at all, just had bits filled in and the whole of the top made to look thicker.

rill

Established Member
Reaction score
when I first saw this thread I thought freakshow but looking at those pics they actually look ok and natural but I guess in real life it propably wont look that good

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Mikey123 said:
stableforehead said:
Mikey123 said:
I would urge anyone thinking about doing this to reconsider. It looks absolutely ridiculous.

I've been thinking it over for like a year now. HIS' results are brilliant. I still have a lot of hair anyway so it'd look great. Much better option than going bald at 18.

You seem like you have made your mind up on this. I think anyone who does this is crazy. Firstly as I said it looks ridiculous, whether you agree with that or not is fine but thats my opinion.

Think about the future and long term. You gonna have that tatoo on your head your whole life? What happens if a girl touches your head expecting to feel a little stubble and all she feels is scalp. How are you going to explain that.

I actually feel really sorry for the guys in the pictures people have been posting and in real life its going to look even worse. Poor fuckers just look plain weird. If you still have lots of hair then just shave it anyway. Whats better, having a slightly receded hairline or blowing thousands of £'s on someone turning you into a freak.

Just to add how on earth can they justify charging 1000's of pounds for a tatoo?? Can you not see they are taking the ultimate piss out of you charging that much just because its designed to cover hairloss. They are just tapping some dots on your head... £2000 for that. Pure insanity and the guys owning this place are laughing all the way to the bank.

Also youtube bad hair tatoo repair. Just a couple I have found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO1OTY65 ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNV5J83 ... re=related

dont do it..

Edit: Just watched some more videos of HIS Hair employees trying to sell this to people. They say it's not a tattoo, the principles are the same but its completely different.....?

ITS A f****ing TATTOO!

They are only saying that so they can charge you more money! Wise up please. It's just like Advanced Hair Studio saying they dont sell wigs they sell a strand by strand process. It a f****ing wig and what HIS Hair sell is just a ridiculously expensive tattoo.

I know it's essentially a tattoo, but I've gotten over that. I haven't been sold anything, I'm an extremely skeptical person. Looking slightly receded doesn't bother me; having MY hairline does. The corner recession doesn't bother me, it's the forelock that seems to be receding and thinning that makes me look terrible. The side profiles go further back than my ears too.

At the moment I'm using dermmatch and can't even look at myself without it- I don't want to have to do this the rest of my life. The fact that it's ink doesn't bother me whatsoever, in fact it's much cleaner than hair. Hair is just dead greasy follicles that serves no purpose to humans other than making them look acceptable.

When you question about girls feeling my head, I have no worries about this. No girl has ever felt my head and I'm not interested in a relationship right now. I've tried wet shaving my head too and it feels completely smooth, no stubble at all. Nobody's going to question why they can't feel anything on the first inch or so of my hairline, especially when the rest of my hair barely feels of anything.

I'm 100% sure that it will look very real, I have no doubt about this. I've seen it in person and it looks amazing, as long as you keep on top of the daily shaving. I'm going for a soft look too, not a pencilled/ defined hairline. Until you actually research the treatment properly, don't go calling people idiots for considering it. Every single hair loss treatment seems a load of bullshit to someone. I'd rather tattoo my hair on than have to paint it on with dermmatch every day.

Getting old with it doesn't bother me either. Giving up on something that could allow me to enjoy my younger years a whole lot more just because I might look a little odd when I'm older is ridiculous. I've always planned to get this done just until I'm old enough to consider transplantation, which I'd just get done to add texture to the frontal part anyway. I hate hair, it's messy, it's dirty, it's completely unecessary. If I had a normal looking hairline I'd shave my head for sure. My mates always recommended I shaved my head when I was younger because my hair was terrible and that's before I was balding.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I honestly think it's great of you to try and save people from what could be a terrible decision, as many people have had their lives ruined in the past with bad hair transplants. However, all of the concerns you mention mirror how I felt about this on first hearing about it. When you say they look ridiculous, I can't really comment as that's subjective. I simply disagree. I do think the really defined hairlines are bad decisions as people who opt for this look with full heads of hair look like they've drawn on their hair too, so it's just drawing attention to it. The softer looks look brilliant though.

This link (I know the pictures aren't too clear/ big- http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/one-month-post-third-treatment) shows one of my favourite results. I'm going to go for something like this. It would require very little actual MHT as I still luckily have most of my hair. As I want a softer hairline anyway, a decrease in texture would make sense.

HIS, as the inventors of MHT, performed the very first procedure (on the owner of the company) and therefore know what happens as long as ten years down the line. No fading was noticed, and the pigments certainly did not change colour/ spread out. The inks are not traditional tattoo inks and are placed in an entirely different layer of tissue (much closer to the surface,) so the same problems aren't faced. Even if this treatment stayed good for 10 years, I'd be happy, as my looks are probably most important now and up until then. The company have no reason to believe the pigments would ever change though, except potential fading.

I've read many forum posts dispelling the 'touching' concerns. One guy who was previously completely bald is a keen football (soccer for Americans) player and noticed how much people rub his head when celebrating goals. Nobody notices. The feel of very closely cropped hair is partially bare skin anyway, so it's not a massive difference. When I bic my hair, it just feels a little sticky, not rough. On top of this all, nobody ever touches my head, I'm not at all a physical guy.

I don't know what 'devious marketing schemes' you are talking about, but I really don't see it. They advertise their product like any company would, but they seem very honest to me. A member of staff actively participates in the forums and seems like a great guy. There are no obligations, they offer a guarantee that they will work on your treatment within the original quote until the look you decided on has been reached, and will refuse treatment on people even when they're in the chair if they don't seem 100%.

One thing I do kind of agree with you on is the price. It definitely does not cost them anywhere near to what they charge. However, for the actual purpose of MHT, the price is very reasonable; it can give people their confidence back and virtually lasts forever. If it was much cheaper, I imagine many desperate guys would just get it done without even questioning it/ considering their options.

As for the links you posted, these are done by people who actively target those desperate hair loss sufferers and use both regular tattoo ink/ needles and also permanent makeup. HIS' formula is patented and specifically designed for the purpose of MHT. HIS see many people who have been victims of this false procedure and work with them in getting the original failed pigments removed via laser removal and offering their own treatment. This guy is in the process of this: http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/Raphael

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Good educated points in response to mikey123's criticism Stable. When you are an NW5, it doesn't take much research to realize that every known available treatment for hairloss just won't cut it. It is very distressing. Then observing current attempts to cure baldness consistently delivering empty promises only adds to the hopelessness. That is why MP is so alluring for the disgruntled hair loss sufferer... it is a way out of this nightmare!

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Good educated points in response to mikey123's criticism Stable. When you are an NW5, it doesn't take much research to realize that every know available treatment for hairloss just won't cut it. It is very distressing. Then observing current attempts to cure baldness consistently delivering empty promises only adds to the hopelessness. That is why MP is so alluring for the disgruntled hair loss sufferer... it is a way out of this nightmare!

Are you getting MP?

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Mikey123 said:
Guess we will have to agree to disagree. When you say you are 100% sure it will look natural you come off as a HIS salesmen. 100% certainty doesn't exist in anything and especially when you are talking about the work of a tattoo artist.

I will go as far as to say that IF you still have lots of hair to blend it with and IF you just want to touch up the hairline and IF you have the appropriate skin tone then this could provide somewhat of a convincing illusion. That is as far I would go and I still wouldn't do it.

Also I'm glad you agree that this is just another company taking advantage of hair loss sufferers with their prices.

I explained the devious marketing they are guilty of. The are trying to pass it off (LYING) as something other than a tattoo so they can charge you ridiculous amounts of money. Just in the same way Advanced Hair Studio rips people off with their stand by strand bullshit when its a wig. It's all designed to deceive vulnerable people and inflate the price. They can't call it a tattoo can they, because if they do people are gonna question why they are being charged so much...

If you want to go ahead then that's fine, best of luck to you. I just worry that there's gonna be an entire population of men with blue scalps walking around looking like completely an utter numptys. I think anyone who goes for this will regret it and be seeking some way to remove it at some point in the future.

I don't find HIS to be taking advantage of hair loss sufferers (unless you mean the cost of it) I think they are very honest. Okay, 100% sure was hyperbole, but the only problems I've ever seen on the forum is lack of density/ fading in between treatments, which is easily corrected. When they say it is not a tattoo, I think they are talking about the depth of the needles and the ink used, which is not metal based like regular tattoo inks. This is how they can be sure it will never discolour- the inks are true shades of black and will only fade to lighter shades of black.

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/ink-question

propaganda

Reaction score
Sorry for posting same thread about scalp pigmentation few days ago.
Anyway this guy is very happy with the results
.http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/14 ... e-with-mht

Look at this guy. Horrible scars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNgKI4zSUNg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQFrjfRlH8

I'm concidering this too. I have shaved my head on and off since i was 14 (29 now)
so i know how important hairline is when you shave. I actually liked my shaved style when i had low hairline. Had thick "box" hairline until 21 and then started to notice V shape hairline transformation and then thinning and now a mess :D This could be it. A "cure" for people who shave anyway and like to wear shaved style like i do.
I find it weird that for some people bald is when you shave it off but still have full head of hair. Never thought of it like that. I always took it as a hairstyle. For me bald is when there is no hairline and hair on top. Hairline makes all the difference.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
propaganda said:
Sorry for posting same thread about scalp pigmentation few days ago.
Anyway this guy is very happy with the results
.http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/14 ... e-with-mht

Look at this guy. Horrible scars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNgKI4zSUNg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQFrjfRlH8

I'm concidering this too. I have shaved my head on and off since i was 14 (29 now)
so i know how important hairline is when you shave. I actually liked my shaved style when i had low hairline. Had thick "box" hairline until 21 and then started to notice V shape hairline transformation and then thinning and now a mess :D This could be it. A "cure" for people who shave anyway and like to wear shaved style like i do.
I find it weird that for some people bald is when you shave it off but still have full head of hair. Never thought of it like that. I always took it as a hairstyle. For me bald is when there is no hairline and hair on top. Hairline makes all the difference.

I think people who even use the word 'bald' to describe shaved heads know the difference. Even to those who don't you'll still look much better.