scalp micropigmentation

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know someone personally who got this procedure done? if so, did it look natural? I wanna fill in my norwood 6 pattern balding especially in the back of my head/crown area. I just don't know much about this scalp pigmentation, but from some of the websites, they look pretty good. Any info is appreciated.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
It's very risky; the color can change, can spread, etc, and you can get a blue scalp which is worse than being bald.
If you go with it, first ask yourslef a question : "how can i remove it if it gets bad??".
Because it's practically a tatoo: easy to do, very hard or even impossible to undo!

P.S. Have in mind that, when deposited under the skin, the pigment looks other color!
Black pigment under skin looks blue, more blue the deeper it is.

kalvinklein

Reaction score
Can you elaborate the difference between Scalp micropigmentation and permanent pigmentation? What about the procedures offered in US? what makes then different to Milena Lardis'?

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
In permanent pigmentation, the pigments are introduced much deeper under the skin(1,5 to 2 mm).
In the temporary one, the depth is minimal, like 0.5 mm.
Also the composition of the pigment differs.
Doing permanent pigmentation in an obscure place, especially, i reinforce, should be avoided at all. Because there are risks that the pigments change color(from black to blue or green) or it can spread and make a mess on your scalp.
One example: https://www.google.ro/search?q=bad+...%3DPLDYmNSrBTCoQny-cIt6zbLMbdlsGoPcl-;320;180
Or:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=105966

So do your research properly before implanting pigments under your scalp!

P.S: Here more examples:
http://www.hishairclinic.com/temporary-scalp-micropigmentation/
(have in mind i don't promote the clinic on this site).

lakerfan24

Reaction score
I just wanted to post about my experience with SMP (scalp micropigmentation) from HIS Hair Clinic. I am in my early 30's, and I began suffering from hair loss starting in my mid 20's, specifically with diffuse thinning all over the top of my head. I tried everything to cover it up, from toppik to sprays, and even a hair transplant that did not give me anywhere near the density I was looking for.

After over 5 years of extreme frustration and even depression, I found out about the SMP process through HIS Hair. While no solution is perfect, and while SMP isn't for everyone, it was exactly what I was looking for. I believe this is BY FAR the best hair loss solution for anyone who doesn't mind keeping their hair very short.

Make no mistake -- it is only an illusion. It is not 3 dimensional, and your hair will not magically grow back. But my confidence did. Not only does SMP create the illusion of my hair being dense, but it also camouflaged my hair transplant scar extremely well. I no longer worry about rain washing out my toppik, or sweat, or swimming in public, etc etc etc.

I was so pleased with the result that I want to help spread the word to others who feel the same sense of desperation that I felt. I have a 10% off discount coupon code for HIS Hair Clinic to give out to anyone interested, but I didn't post it in this message because I don't want my message to be misinterpreted as spam. If you're interested in the discount, or any other details of my story, feel free to send me a private message. I would be happy to help!

I have attached "before treatment", "right after treatment", and "1 month after treatment" pictures here. Please keep in mind the "after" picture is immediately after treatment, so you will notice a little bit of redness (which subsided 24-48 hours later).
More pictures of mine can be found on the HIS Hair forum as well. Best of luck to everyone in finding your happiness!
View attachment 24497View attachment 24498View attachment 24496

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post about my experience with SMP (scalp micropigmentation) from HIS Hair Clinic. I am in my early 30's, and I began suffering from hair loss starting in my mid 20's, specifically with diffuse thinning all over the top of my head. I tried everything to cover it up, from toppik to sprays, and even a hair transplant that did not give me anywhere near the density I was looking for.
After over 5 years of extreme frustration and even depression, I found out about the SMP process through HIS Hair. While no solution is perfect, and while SMP isn't for everyone, it was exactly what I was looking for. I believe this is BY FAR the best hair loss solution for anyone who doesn't mind keeping their hair very short.

Make no mistake -- it is only an illusion. It is not 3 dimensional, and your hair will not magically grow back. But my confidence did. Not only does SMP create the illusion of my hair being dense, but it also camouflaged my hair transplant scar extremely well. I no longer worry about rain washing out my toppik, or sweat, or swimming in public, etc etc etc.

I was so pleased with the result that I want to help spread the word to others who feel the same sense of desperation that I felt. I have a 10% off discount coupon code for HIS Hair Clinic to give out to anyone interested, but I didn't post it in this message because I don't want my message to be misinterpreted as spam. If you're interested in the discount, or any other details of my story, feel free to send me a private message. I would be happy to help!

I have attached "before treatment", "right after treatment", and "1 month after treatment" pictures here. Please keep in mind the "after" picture is immediately after treatment, so you will notice a little bit of redness (which subsided 24-48 hours later).
More pictures of mine can be found on the HIS Hair forum as well. Best of luck to everyone in finding your happiness!
View attachment 24497View attachment 24498View attachment 24496
That looks incredible, I've always loved the use of SMP. Hopefully in years to come I can have this done in conjunction with a thin hair transplant, man I love it.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're happy about it, it's good.
But
1)your hair loss was not that worse
2) in the last picture it;s noticeable that you have bluish tint on the scalp.
I mean, that really looks good when all the hair is closely shaved. If it grows a little,it isn't as good.

lakerfan24

Reaction score
I agree that being happy with it is all that matters. However, to your points, 1) my hair loss is fairly significant. I have diffuse thinning all over the top, with very strong thinning on the crown and in the front. My hair transplant has left me some hair to work with, but way too thin on its own -- however, this allowed the SMP treatment to "fill it in", making it appear much more dense. I believe diffuse thinning is actually the ideal situation for someone who wants SMP, although I've seen it be successful for others with just a receding hairline.
2) I personally don't see a "bluish tint" but I do agree that you'll find imperfection with any hair loss "solution". As I said in my previous post, it IS an illusion and no hair loss cover-up is perfect. But, this is the best one I've ever seen/found by a very significant margin.

Finally, you're right -- it's not ideal if you grow your hair out at all. I buzz my head every 4-5 days.. a small price to pay for finally being happy with the way I look! It sure beats the heck out of applying toppik, spray, etc. and avoiding social situations.

If you have a better solution to hair loss, could you please share it with the group? Thanks!!

lakerfan24

Reaction score
You're 100% right about that. HIS Hair is very good and expensive. And lots of others do it for cheaper under the guise of it providing the same results, when it doesn't (just like your link showed). Big blue permanent dots are definitely not worth saving a few bucks over. For anyone considering SMP, I would recommend doing it right, or not at all!

temp600

Reaction score
lakerfan24 how much did it cost? i think i've read somewhere that they range between $2500-$4500?

lakerfan24

Reaction score
I believe the range is somewhere around $2000-$6000. my procedure was $5000. A lot of that had to do with hair transplant (hair transplant) scar cover-up, since I made the mistake of having someone else try to camouflage it first, and HIS Hair had to fix that for me as well. Although I must say, as expensive as it was, I'm very happy I did it! To me, 5 grand is nothing in the grand scheme of life and finding happiness. I've gone out on more dates in the last few months than the last 5 years prior to that.

tylergreen

Reaction score
It's very risky; the color can change, can spread, etc, and you can get a blue scalp which is worse than being bald.
If you go with it, first ask yourslef a question : "how can i remove it if it gets bad??".
Because it's practically a tatoo: easy to do, very hard or even impossible to undo!

P.S. Have in mind that, when deposited under the skin, the pigment looks other color!
Black pigment under skin looks blue, more blue the deeper it is.

Your comments are misguided and completely false. The color can change and can spread if you get a crap treatment by a crap provider. If you think a tattoo shop or permanent makeup girl is going to change your life with a great procedure, think again.

It is NOT easy to do, but it is VERY EASY to remove.

You get what you pay for. Go somewhere decent and you'll be fine. Shop around for the cheapest price, and you have only yourself to blame.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Your comments are misguided and completely false. The color can change and can spread if you get a crap treatment by a crap provider. If you think a tattoo shop or permanent makeup girl is going to change your life with a great procedure, think again.

It is NOT easy to do, but it is VERY EASY to remove.

You get what you pay for. Go somewhere decent and you'll be fine. Shop around for the cheapest price, and you have only yourself to blame.

I was talking about SMP in general, it is full out there of clinics which do poor job. In fact, i think less than 10-20% of them do it right. And most of them are not even cheap at all.

Very easy to remove? You don't know what you're talking about. Depending on how deep the ink is placed and the color it may be even impossible to remove, it may need 20 laser sessions.
I've read online "horror stories" of people who did it at a bad clinic.
Here is one example:
http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/218-my-scalp-micro-pigmentation-horror-story/

this poor guy had more than 15 laser sessions and may need even more.
Go and tell him how "VERY EASY" is it to remove.

This is what i was talking about, do you think he is the only one with such results?
Look at the "results" in the middle of this page:
http://www.hishairclinic.com/temporary-scalp-micropigmentation/

So hope you understand you are the one who is completely false.

So i knew i was talking about, maybe you posted having in mind a well-knowns 3-letter SMP clinic in London. Yes, they do the SMP well, and they also perform laser removal at their clinic, i think it's the only clinic who does that. But that is not the rule in SMP, unfortunately.

Either way, i see you have some interest in promoting SMP, maybe you get money from advertising it, who knows.
I am sorry, but i strongly advise against this scalp-tatoo method.
Actually it is something quite extreme(even if it is not a disaster as for the poor guys o linked to), it is a try to "fool" people you actually have hair. But it cannot solve the "shiny scalp" problem. Having pigments under the skin +shiny shaved scalp is not a good idea, for me.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's you in the avatar picture, I don't really see the point of this procedure. People will complain how baldness make them uglier, but what's with the glasses?

I know I sound offensive, but this question haunts my mind, why would you fix (if we can call that fix) your hair problem if you'll keep walking around with your dorky glasses?

We are warning users to never go for the permanent tattooing, they will regret it at a point in their life.

Forums are starting to fill-up with posts about bald guys who have been screwed by this tattooing nonsense.

1) You're right about the tattoing nonsense.
2) There's no problem with the guy's glasses. He looks fine i think, but he is completely false at the part with "SMP is very easy to remove", not ANY SMP is so easy to remove.

shirleygoodness

Reaction score
I agree about the need

YES! You MUST do your research before getting SMP! The technician must be trained specifically in Scalp Micropigmentation, not just be a tattoo artist or Permanent Makeup artist. There are techniques and pigments that are used only for the scalp tattoo.

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
The shills are real.

I've only ever seen one guy with SMP in a nightclub and it was obvious as hell, his head was very shiny under the lights.

I personally advocate SMP, I think it can look great in conjunction with hair/hair transplant. Full bald? No.

Jdawgnw6

Reaction score
I had SMP done a few months ago. I was a norwood6. I had it done by one of the top practitioners in NY and it looks really natural and no one can tell anything is off as long as you maintain it properly. Does it make me feel like i have my hair back? Absolutely not. But for a good 24-30 hours after a wet shave, i feel great knowing there is no horse shoe showing, and i just feel like someone who shaved their head. It will definitely give you a boost of confidence, but make sure you use someone with a reputation that knows what they're doing.