Scalp Irritation (red spots) and itchiness from Minoxidil *but there's a twist!*

ThriLL

Reaction score
So I've been suffering from the itch and red spots (irritation) from Minoxidil for the past few weeks. I only apply it on my temples, so I'm only getting the itch and red spots in those areas. The rest of my scalp is perfectly fine. The catch though is, I've been using minoxidil for 5 months, and those problems surfaced just recently. Isn't that kind of weird? I figured if I was gonna deal with those sides, I'd start dealing with them a few weeks/a month after first applying the product, not 5 months later haha. Any tips on getting rid of this, or even just limiting it? BTW I use the generic Kirkland Minoxidil product. Any chance these sides would go away or lessen in severity if I switch over to Rogaine foam or Lipogaine/ Spectral DNC?

While I'm at it, just how effective are the Lipogaine and Spectral DNC products anyway? I never see them mentioned much. It's always the Kirkland Product or Rogaine.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It can take a while for a sensitivity to a particular substance to develop so it is not surprising that you have these symptoms now afte 5 months. I get these red spots on my temples as well where I apply rogaine and they disappear on their own or I pop them if they are pimple-like.