Scalp Inflammation, Itching And Crawling Feeling.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a post the other day just before the roll out. So I'll post it again.
It seems to come and go, some days worse than others. Sometimes for a whole week or a few days it'll fade off.

Mostly on my hairline, I get crawling feeling or like the scalp is tightning or just the plain itch which seems to be the worse of the 3.
Because heavy shedding comes with the itch.

I've tried nizoral at 1% 3 times a week and I between tgel and some new shampoo with tea tree, coal tar and some (can't remember the name acid)

I was on 100mg of ru and have used all the vehicles I can, now using redkin with the 5% stemox
I reduced it to 75mg to see if the crawling feeling faded, as suggested by Buckthorn

But night time and morning seem to be fine. Around 12pm it kicks in.

Has anyone been able to rid the inflammation/crawling/itch?
Without taking finasteride.

chrisjones12

Reaction score
I deal with it all the time. It's like a burning/tingling sensation. I've had it for about 4 or 5 years now. My hairline and crown have that feeling. My hairline has pretty much been intact over those years, while it seems like I may have had some crown lossage. My scalp has become oily over the years as well. It's hard to tell if my crown is thinning because I was struck by a car when I was younger and it damaged my hair on my crown/vertex. I went to the dermatologist about it and they prescribed my some type of steroid for my scalp. They said I may have seborrheic dermatitis. I haven't used it yet, because I'm scared it'll make my hair fall out even faster. My derm said I had good coverage but I still worry about my hair.

Also worth to note, I'm not a hairy person at all. I'm 23 and I can't even grow a beard. I've grown an afro to hide the shine.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I made a post the other day just before the roll out. So I'll post it again.
It seems to come and go, some days worse than others. Sometimes for a whole week or a few days it'll fade off.

Mostly on my hairline, I get crawling feeling or like the scalp is tightning or just the plain itch which seems to be the worse of the 3.
Because heavy shedding comes with the itch.

I've tried nizoral at 1% 3 times a week and I between tgel and some new shampoo with tea tree, coal tar and some (can't remember the name acid)

I was on 100mg of ru and have used all the vehicles I can, now using redkin with the 5% stemox
I reduced it to 75mg to see if the crawling feeling faded, as suggested by Buckthorn

But night time and morning seem to be fine. Around 12pm it kicks in.

Has anyone been able to rid the inflammation/crawling/itch?
Without taking finasteride.

You could try Setipiprant maybe. I am going to. I never had these feelings in my entire life until about 6-7 months after taking finasteride. RU does the same thing to me. It feels like a drop of water inside my scalp slowly moving from one area to another. Wherever it happens, thinning occurs. I ordered some seti, but kane mixed up the orders and sent me one gram of CB instead of 10g of seti. Perhaps I will try it for shits and giggles since I have it.

If I COMPLETELY drop finasteride and RU, the crawling feeling does go away. I am a fool for attempting a conservative dose of both still, but I have no other options. dutasteride made it GO CRAZY. I don't know man... all this sh*t really f*****g sucks.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try Setipiprant maybe. I am going to. I never had these feelings in my entire life until about 6-7 months after taking finasteride. RU does the same thing to me. It feels like a drop of water inside my scalp slowly moving from one area to another. Wherever it happens, thinning occurs. I ordered some seti, but kane mixed up the orders and sent me one gram of CB instead of 10g of seti. Perhaps I will try it for shits and giggles since I have it.

If I COMPLETELY drop finasteride and RU, the crawling feeling does go away. I am a fool for attempting a conservative dose of both still, but I have no other options. dutasteride made it GO CRAZY. I don't know man... all this sh*t really f*****g sucks.

Are you still on dutasteride? If so, how's it going man ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still on dutasteride? If so, how's it going man ?

no, couldn't handle it. Two weeks and my scalp felt like it was being eaten alive by termites. I don't even care if it would have worked or not... that feeling was f*****g horrendous as f***.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no, couldn't handle it. Two weeks and my scalp felt like it was being eaten alive by termites. I don't even care if it would have worked or not... that feeling was f*****g horrendous as f***.

Jesus man ... Sorry to hear. I was really hoping for you dutasteride would at least help slow down the shedding without such horrendous sides.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus man ... Sorry to hear. I was really hoping for you dutasteride would at least help slow down the shedding without such horrendous sides.

thanks my friend. Unfortunately, it seems that nothing will work for me. I see a large hair transplant in my future.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn, no worries man! We have CA we have Oral spironolactone, beta estradiol. World doesnt end on dutasteride!

...just trashtalking forgive me.. I feel bad for you anyway. The thing is not giving up.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn, no worries man! We have CA we have Oral spironolactone, beta estradiol. World doesnt end on dutasteride!

...just trashtalking forgive me.. I feel bad for you anyway. The thing is not giving up.

man, at some point, you have to know when to give up. In certain battles, there is great peace in giving up.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, mentally peace. I get it man.

I wanted to give up when i heard i need to take meds all life. So yeah, everyone has own burden.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you tried the Cb yet? What vehicle did you suspend it in?

I don't understand. I don't seem to get the itch on ru but the crawling comes back. Then if I don't take it. I can get a mixture of both.

Do you have weeks off the crawling? Or is it there all the time.

Which t-gel? There are 3 different versions.

The one I've been using is
Therapeutic shampoo with
2.0% Neutar
0.5% Coal tar

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, I tried the CB today, no change at all. Just dumped it in neogenic and it dissolved instantly. I never really have an itch, Mine is more of a crawling, tingling and sometimes a pulsating feeling, like the feeling of my heart beat from increased blood pressure. honestly man, for myself and very possibly you, there may be nothing that stops this sh*t.

Do you ONLY get the crawling when you're on RU?

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, I tried the CB today, no change at all. Just dumped it in neogenic and it dissolved instantly. I never really have an itch, Mine is more of a crawling, tingling and sometimes a pulsating feeling, like the feeling of my heart beat from increased blood pressure. honestly man, for myself and very possibly you, there may be nothing that stops this sh*t.

Do you ONLY get the crawling when you're on RU?

Maybe it's because we're loosing it by other means. Ru and CB are powerful anti androgens, doesn't explain why it wouldn't be at least reducing say the itch or the crawling feeling.

Nah I get like different feelings though. So mainly on the left side is crawling. Then at the front is more of a pressure feeling like someone is just pressing down on my head. And then I get the little movements across the front like little nerve endings.

Then sometimes I get the itch.
My hairline is so messed now and I was already a Norwood 2. 9 months has thinned my hairline out like crazy. I can't afford to go receed any further. I'd have to shave.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's because we're loosing it by other means. Ru and CB are powerful anti androgens, doesn't explain why it wouldn't be at least reducing say the itch or the crawling feeling.

Nah I get like different feelings though. So mainly on the left side is crawling. Then at the front is more of a pressure feeling like someone is just pressing down on my head. And then I get the little movements across the front like little nerve endings.

My hairline is so messed now and I was already a Norwood 2. 9 months has thinned my hairline out like crazy. I can't afford to go receed any further. I'd have to shave.

dude - it's like a f*****g mirror image. Your description just blew my mind. In the front hair line area, it's pressure, like someone pushing down. in the midscalp it's like tingling / pulsating and in the crown it's crawling, from the left to the right, sometimes down, etc... SAME THING. Sometimes i get the itch as well. only a couple times throughout the day.

I can't afford to lose anymore. I am diffused thin to hell, across the entire top. I would have to shave too. MOST of this lose happened in the last year, also when I started experiencing these feelings.

I will be getting Seti soon and am going to try 200mg orally and 50mg topically perday. I will let yoiu know if it helps.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude - it's like a f*****g mirror image. Your description just blew my mind. In the front hair line area, it's pressure, like someone pushing down. in the midscalp it's like tingling / pulsating and in the crown it's crawling, from the left to the right, sometimes down, etc... SAME THING. Sometimes i get the itch as well. only a couple times throughout the day.

I can't afford to lose anymore. I am diffused thin to hell, across the entire top. I would have to shave too. MOST of this lose happened in the last year, also when I started experiencing these feelings.

I will be getting Seti soon and am going to try 200mg orally and 50mg topically perday. I will let yoiu know if it helps.

So what's left for you to try bro ?
You said Kane mixed the orders and you get CB.
Is CB + seti + minoxidil foam possibly gonna be your new regime ?
I feel ya bro , everytime I'm reading your posts it's like someone put my thoughts and words, except I don't react badly to finasteride/dutasteride, but then again it doesn't do jack sh*t and only accelerates my shedding, so what good is it...

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks man, I'm going to reduce the RU down to 50mg tonight and see what happens, if there's any less crawling, I'll let you know.
I'll do it tonight without the dermarolling.

Yeah mines been the past 9-10 months. Just one day switched on and I can't get it to stop.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Have you tried the Cb yet? What vehicle did you suspend it in?

I don't understand. I don't seem to get the itch on ru but the crawling comes back. Then if I don't take it. I can get a mixture of both.

Do you have weeks off the crawling? Or is it there all the time.

The one I've been using is
Therapeutic shampoo with
2.0% Neutar
0.5% Coal tar

Try T-Gel for Greasy Hair with Piroctone Olamine, in my experience it is much better then the coal tar one.

Clearingout

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So since I have lowered it down to 50mg the crawling feelings have become less apparent. Unsure if that has to do with the RU as I have days like this anyway.

But I will continue to see how it goes.

Try T-Gel for Greasy Hair with Piroctone Olamine, in my experience it is much better then the coal tar one.

I couldn't find this one. Is there a brand or do they sell it on amazon /ebay?