Scalp exercises + massage for 3 months. Is this progress or am I being delusional?

Serverr

Reaction score
Sorry that I don't have any before-pics, you'll just have to take my word for it that the spots where there are now small hairs were completely blank, empty, bald 3 months ago (that's about when I started).

Can the SE's I'm doing have anything to do with this or did it just grow veeery slow?

Last edited:

Kingreggie91

Reaction score
I think any progress is progress brother! I'd sat start minoxidil if you aren't treating your hair with that and message minoxidil into your scalp.

Serverr

Reaction score
I think any progress is progress brother! I'd sat start minoxidil if you aren't treating your hair with that and message minoxidil into your scalp.

I have come to terms with my hair loss, I don't feel like taking any drugs/expensive treatments before there's a really good one. Keep dreaming I guess :D

I do feel like the quality of my hair overall is better since I started doing these so I might as well keep at it lol, even if it's only placebo.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Go for dermarolling if you're just trying to increase circulation. Better than scalp exercises.

Serverr

Reaction score
Go for dermarolling if you're just trying to increase circulation. Better than scalp exercises.

I've considered that.. The main reason I'm doing the exercises are for scalp flexibility/softness if you will(I have my own theories about that:unsure:). Circulation is obviously a part of it too.
What dermaroller would you recommend? And how often do I need to change the spikes etc? Any guides?

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
How often do you do the excercises? I have my own theory about scalp tightness etc i find it weird how my scalp feels so tight in the areas im thinning

Serverr

Reaction score
I do them every day like 2-3 times (and unintentionally a few minutes/day :D) until my scalp feels warm and the blood is flowing, nothing too specific. I can't see how "too much blood flow" would do any harm.
The massages/stretches I do like once a day for like 5-10 minutes while watching TV or something.

Right? I asked my 2 friends (both have great hair) if I could feel their scalp, and theirs felt so much softer, stretchier and thick(more "full") compared to mine.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right? I asked my 2 friends (both have great hair) if I could feel their scalp

Must have been wonderful to assist this thing :D

Apart from that, I think your theory will hold true.

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
Lol at the people that actuallt think massaging the scalp will regrow hair, yes it promotes hair growth, but not even close to enough to make a miniaturized hair grow again.

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
I think that the tightness of the scalp has a part in male pattern baldness not saying its the reason for it at all just think it has a role when i massage the areas im thinning it hardly moves and it kinda sore

rebuv

Reaction score
It looks slightly better , and am with u abt treatments, nowdays they might work but also will destroy another parts of body too so its like damaging more than treating.
Gd luck.

Serverr

Reaction score
Lol at the people that actuallt think massaging the scalp will regrow hair, yes it promotes hair growth, but not even close to enough to make a miniaturized hair grow again.

Yeah I'm not really expecting full regrowth, I hope it has some effect on existing hair though.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but these scalp massages won't save your hair for too long. If you don't start actual treatment soon, you may regret looking back at this point (NW3?), and realize you could've done something about it and save your hair for much longer. Good luck!