Scalp acne from revita shampoo.

Steven85

Reaction score
I have just finished one bottle of revita shampoo and I like the way the shampoo leaves my hair soft and volumized. One problem though: when using it consecutively for 4-5 days i get small pimples at my scalp along the hairline. When discontinuing use for a few days it goes away. At first I thought it was coincidental, but it has happened time and time again. Has anyone else experienced this? What does it mean? Is revita not working for me or am I having some kind of reaction to it? Right now Im wondering whether or not to buy another bottle.

Steven85

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the feedback, but do you know why I get scalp acne? Is it a sign the shampoo is not doing me any good? Why do you use it less often than instructed by the manufacturer?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I don't know -maybe you're sensitive to one of the ingredients.

I use Nizoral as well, and I try not to wash my hair every day anyway, so I don't usually use it the recommended 5 times a week. obviouisly they want you to use it more so it will run out quicker and you'll buy more

also for the pre-wash I use normal shampoo

Steven85

Reaction score
Just wish there was somehow I could know whether or not the scalp acne is a bad sign. Id hate to go back to nizoral as I really like revita, exept for the pimples.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes revita is good but i highly suggest u rotate. using a keto shampoo every day could be causing the pimples

Steven85

Reaction score
Thanks isrealite. Is this a common problem? Not a bad sign? Do you think I should continue using it (just not every day)?