Scabs Since Start To Day 4 After Surgery

Styn Page

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
I am on day 4 of recovery from fue surgery on the front of my hairline. I have had concerns from the start as one side seems fine ( one nurse doing each side ) but the other was bleeding from a few different places. The nurse doing the side I'm concerned about was definitely a bit more brutal as I could feel her pressing and prodding throughout the process of implanting the hairs whereas I only felt the other nurse press hard once. On the scab furthest to my right side she admitted that she accidentally stabbed me with one of the tools but said it would be fine. The doctor and nurses told me to spray every 20 minutes with saline water but only a fine mist and not to spray too much. I followed this procedure for the first day and hardly slept so did keep it hydrated through the night also. The next 3 days I sprayed every 30 minutes as they had said but the scabs had formed from the 2nd day and didn't seem to be shifting. I was hoping that after spraying baby shampoo ( leaving on for ten minutes as told ) mixed with water on last night then rinsing softly from the back of my head that the scabs would have disappeared but they are just the same. I did call and ask the surgery but they said it's fine and to leave them. If anyone had the same problem or can help me with any advice I'd very much appreciate it
Photos attached
20200110_143820.jpg
20200113_214325.jpg
20200110_143820.jpg 20200113_214325.jpg

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SInce you're day 4 or 5 I wouldnt be concernced. Just try not to pick at the scabs. In a few days you'll be able to start gently rubbing them in the shower. I forgot what day my Dr. told me but it was something like 7-10 days after the surgery they wanted me to start gently rubbing off scabs and dead skin.

Styn Page

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I contacted the surgery and the clinic manager told me to put a bit of coconut oil on the big scabs but not to rub them yet. Just to soften them a bit so gradually they will break down.. I was just concerned that the grafts underneath the scabs wouldn't take as the blood looks quite thick. I spoke with someone else who had there's done and they said they had similar issues but it worked out fine. It's just that the posts I've seen online and on YouTube etc all seem to have the neatest jobs with only little scabs around each graft. It's way more stressful trying to look after it rather than the actual surgery Thanks again

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm approaching 3 months post FUT and for me the biggest surprise came weeks after the procedure. Its like acne, but deeper. I never really had much acne as a kid so its worrisome having a bump or pimple on my scalp. Apparently its totally normal and just "ingrown hairs" but it still bothers me. At any given moment I have 2 or 3 tiny red scabs from bumps I've itched and scratched and tried to pop. A year from now I might look back and think nothing of it but right now its honestly really annoying.