Saw Palmetto working this fast?

stormshadow

Reaction score
I'm only on my 3rd day of Saw. But man, I am not shedding ANYTHING in the shower anymore as of this morning. Weird. What's even more amazing.....is that I showered in the morning. Usually I shower both nighttime and morning (due to hair gels I put in). And in the morning is when most of the hair comes out if I hadnt washed it the night before.

This past week I have been shedding like crazy in the shower. I'm talking about hair on the shower walls, bathroom sink everywhere. My keyboard has hair on it too. This morning only like 2 hairs came out during washing. I washed hard too to test.

Could it be working this fast?

Also, I wrestled the pink dolphin twice last night. Both times I shot huge loads. First session was to Jessica Alba. 2nd session was to the Paris Hilton video. :tdo13:

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Too much info there... :p

Saw palmetto has helped slow down my hair loss too, how long have you noticed you have been losing hair? If you caught it early maybe thats why you have stopped it with just Saw palmetto?

Ciao!

Redbone

Reaction score
It makes you viral the first week then down down down you go, it happend to me. I highly doubt it made you stop shedding?

wheresmyhair

Reaction score
I've been using it 4 2 months now but i can't really say it slowed down the hairloss. I think in the first 2 weeks it like totally started to shed, then no hairloss 4 two weeks, i'm serious nothing coming out in the shower etc...
Then I started using revivigen and folligen and I started to lose hair again....
...BUT when it comes to my boy down low he's fukn more active then ever, my girlfriend loves it, up and up and up....so no side effects like that from it rather the reverse...

...p.s read the use by date on ur nizoral been using mine now 4 a while and it expired in July stupid boots!

...stinger
u using more then 360mg of saw?? starting taking around 400mg+ now 2 try and get more potency...

Redbone

Reaction score
I would watch out with the SP it is not completly side effects free. Some here have reported bad sides. I definatley noticed a decrease in my ejaculate and a lower sex drive when I started it 1 year ago. I dumped it for the real medicaly proven deal Propecia.

p.s. it never did a sh*t for my hair in that time period either.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
what side effects red? What do people get on this stuff?

Redbone

Reaction score
I noticed that my ejaculate was a lot less at times. One time I even ejaculated with a semi hard member which was odd. When I added Arginine back in September loads went big again.

Still kept shedding hair though. I noticed it was very easy to pea like a race horse- just seemed to flow nicely.

I was taking the one from GNC Ultra Saw Palmetto or something like that it was $20 for a months supply.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
wheresmyhair said:
I've been using it 4 2 months now but i can't really say it slowed down the hairloss. I think in the first 2 weeks it like totally started to shed, then no hairloss 4 two weeks, i'm serious nothing coming out in the shower etc...
Then I started using revivigen and folligen and I started to lose hair again....
...BUT when it comes to my boy down low he's fukn more active then ever, my girlfriend loves it, up and up and up....so no side effects like that from it rather the reverse...

...p.s read the use by date on ur nizoral been using mine now 4 a while and it expired in July stupid boots!

...stinger
u using more then 360mg of saw?? starting taking around 400mg+ now 2 try and get more potency...

Im using 640MG at the moment mate, 320MG slowed my hair loss down so maybe 640 might stop it completly!

Are you taking 160MG capsules each? I am taking two 320MG capsules, you might also want to try Beta-Sterol with Saw palmetto I hear they make a good duo as Sterols are an active ingredient in the Saw palmetto(As well as the fatty acids)

Im just waiting for my order of Beta-Sterol to arrive..

Hope thats of some help! Take care!

wheresmyhair

Reaction score
Stinger...

hey bro, yeh I'm taking 160mg caps of saw now I'm taking 3 of them a night and watching for the results. I saw another guy post about the Beta-sterol and its affects so was already interested...

...once again where u get urs from, I'll check for prices online and then match it with u, but u probably gets it real cheap huh??

Redbone

Reaction score
No medical doctor has ever prescribed or even suggested SP as a treatmetn for male pattern baldness it is used for Benign Prostate Enlargement. Who told you guys this stuff was good for hairloss. Any company that puts them in there product and claims hair results is full of sh*t i.e Procerin and Advanced Shen Min- been there done that.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Some people just like to ignore everything they are told and do their own thing redbone. It makes them feel good or something :) They'll eventually move to Propecia after they see zero results with SP :)

But since we are here to support all our users, we DO hope they see results with SP. It is possible. Even the placebo group in the Propecia trials showed some increased hair counts. Maybe positive thinking! :)

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Here is an interesting post on alt.baldspot just today in response to someone asking if SP and Vitamins will do much for hair loss.

Click Here to View the Response

HairLossTalk.com

NeedSomeHelp

Reaction score
Redbone said:
I noticed that my ejaculate was a lot less at times. One time I even ejaculated with a semi hard member which was odd. When I added Arginine back in September loads went big again.

Still kept shedding hair though. I noticed it was very easy to pea like a race horse- just seemed to flow nicely.

I was taking the one from GNC Ultra Saw Palmetto or something like that it was $20 for a months supply.

Once you came off the SP did your sex drive return back to normal? And how long did it take...any long term side effects? I only ask because i am going through the same thing u did. Thanks!

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw Palmetto in extract form

If you want to go down the Saw Palmetto route.

I think there is more merit in sourcing Saw Palmetto in extract form - that contains beta, campe, stigma rather than the whole herb :)

NeedSomeHelp

Reaction score
Redbone said:
No medical doctor has ever prescribed or even suggested SP as a treatmetn for male pattern baldness it is used for Benign Prostate Enlargement. Who told you guys this stuff was good for hairloss. Any company that puts them in there product and claims hair results is full of sh*t i.e Procerin and Advanced Shen Min- been there done that.

Hey red how long were u on Procerin for? And when u were using it did u notice any side effects? I used Procerin for about 2 weeks and it did crazy things to me. I dropped that stuff right away and its been like 1 month now still feeling kinda weird. The thing is that shedding has slowed down dramastically now that i'm off it. Got any experiences to share?

G

saw Palmetto

I find the moderators constant attempts to discredit Saw Palmetto perplexing.

Obvoiusly from the posts on the board more than a few board members are getting moderate to significant success with it..............including me......

However, as far as internal 5 alpha reductase inhibitors, saw Palmetto is one of the weakest DHT inhibitors.

Nettles, Pygeum, and especially Beta Sitosterol are far more potent
the combination of those makes Saw Palmetto pale in comparison, as far as results, i can vouch for that, as a person who has used only Saw Palmetto for 4 yrs(worked very well).........and then the combination of all the others........Nettles, Pygeum, Saw Palmetto, Green Tea extract...for 2 months now........that combo works so well it will open your eyes

Hangin Daily Regimen
1)Ultra Hair by Natures Plus, 2
2)Kal... Amino Max 2
3)Saw Palmetto 320mg
4)Beta Sitosterol 375mg
5)Pygeum 500mg
6)Nettles 500mg
7)Green Tea 500mg

G

Re: saw Palmetto

HanginInThere said:
I find the moderators constant attempts to discredit Saw Palmetto perplexing.

Obvoiusly from the posts on the board more than a few board members are getting moderate to significant success with it..............including me......

However, as far as internal 5 alpha reductase inhibitors, saw Palmetto is one of the weakest DHT inhibitors.

Nettles, Pygeum, and especially Beta Sitosterol are far more potent
the combination of those makes Saw Palmetto pale in comparison, as far as results, i can vouch for that, as a person who has used only Saw Palmetto for 4 yrs(worked very well).........and then the combination of all the others........Nettles, Pygeum, Saw Palmetto, Green Tea extract...for 2 months now........that combo works so well it will open your eyes

Hangin Daily Regimen
1)Ultra Hair by Natures Plus, 2
2)Kal... Amino Max 2
3)Saw Palmetto 320mg
4)Beta Sitosterol 375mg
5)Pygeum 500mg
6)Nettles 500mg
7)Green Tea 500mg

Studies, studies studies??????????

We DO respect science around here. We use anectote but respond to it appropriately.

:lol:

G

sure you respect science, we all do, but are you calling all the guys who say They have had success with natural remedies liars?

There are TONS of products that are natural that DONT HAVE SCIENTIFIC studies supporting it. Why you ask do they not have scientific Studies?
Most products which have scientific studies to back them up, are
drugs, that can be patented. The studies are not cheap , so for example lets take Propecia, its a drug, with a patent, which means there is a monolopy on its sale for 17 yrs by the manufacturer. Thats a huge financial incentive to pay the money for years of studies which when completed, the cost of those studies can be easily recouped by the manufacturer. There are so many natural supplements which are helpful for so many conditions, that they cant do scientific studies for each supplement for each condition , it would take 100 yrs, Well i guess you could do a separate study, but who is going to pay for the studies? How
are these companies going to recoup the cost of the studies when 1000 manufacturers can then sell the product once the study is completed. You cannot patent natural supplements like you can drugs.
Plus i guarantee you there are tons of supplements with NO STUDYS which work just as well, and in many times ........MUCH BETTER
than some drug with a study to back it up.
Sure we appreciate scientific studys here. but we also appreciate RESULTS, and if poster after poster after poster comes on and says XYZ worked for me,,,,,,,,,,,,,then people should pay attention,,,,,,and stop saying............no, XYZ doesnt work, its a waste of money, HOW DO YOU KNOW Saw Palmetto is a waste of money, Have you tried it? if it did not work for you THAT MEANS NOTHING, it does not give you a license to bash any drug or supplement just because it didnt work for you, just say, This didnt work for me...................
However as i stated before, Saw Palmetto, is not even worth getting all riled up about. It is basically a mediocre DHT inhibitor. There are about 10 natural DHT inhibitors that work better than Saw Palmetto, and in combination with each other. These natural DHT inhibitors, are awesome.
My basic philosophy is, sure i pay attention to studys to peak my interest in a product, However many natural supplements are very powerful effect on many conditions, with no studys .........does not mean they dont work.
I dont pass judgement on ANY program, or supplement unless i have used it myself. Maybe guys on this board should adopt this philosophy instead of passing judgement on things they know nothing about........ :freaked:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
HanginInThere said:
I see more people posting that Saw PALMETTO worked for them, than i see guys saying it did not work for them
Who cares what we see? I see the opposite. I see people constantly posting that it caused them to shed like crazy and never stop. So who is right? Neither of us. Show me the clinical data. You don't know what else they're using at the time. You don't know if they're all using the same dose. ETC ETC ETC There are so many variables you can't know about by just reading online comments! I dont judge the effectiveness even of Propecia or Rogaine on people's comments on discussion forums. I based it on the clinical data. It amazes me that there are human beings out there who think doing that is "stupid". Absolutely astounding.

It doesn't matter what anonymous internet posters say. What matters is the clinical data. Go get me some and you will instantly convert me to a Saw Palmetto proponent. Instantly I will shout it from a mountaintop. Find 200 studies on Saw Palmetto and hair loss, just like I can find 200 studies on SP and the prostate. You say the studies aren't done because it can't be patented? Did you even take 2 seconds to think about that logic? Why are there 200 studies on Saw Palmetto and the prostate if its an issue of patenting? Think man, think.

I already know that you consider comments from unverifiable, undocumented, anonymous internet posters to be your gold standard for proof. That's where we differ, and why we will never agree.

Im going to go create 50 fake usernames right now, and over the next 6 months, post that rabbit poop grew my hair. Nobody will know who I am, nobody will have any proof im telling the truth, and nobody will know if Im imagining things or not. But you will consider it solid proof, "cuz you heard it on a forum" ?

HanginInThere said:
Any one who says Saw palmetto does not work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does not know what they are talking about, including redbone
How many clinical studies have you run on Saw Palmetto to verify your claim that it works? Im guessing zero, right? I sat next to Angela Christiano, head of the research team at Columbia Univerisy, who ran a highly detailed clinical data on Saw Palmetto and its effect on the follicle for over a 6 month period, including actual microscopic photos of the follicle changes, and she looked me right in the eye and said "It didn't do a damn thing". The study was tossed. Thats all the clinical data I need right now. You can't say she doesn't know what she's talking about. She proved it.

HangingInThere said:
obviously a lot of board members have posted it decreased their shedding , anywhere from slightly to greatly. In my case it decreased it from 300 hairs a day, raining hair in the shower, logged the drain every time a huge clump of hair..........down to 15 hairs a day within 2 weeks.
Is that how you collect clinical data? I should run that one by the research team at Columbia and see if they'll give it a go. Ill probably have a hard time getting them to ignore how incredibly subjective and innacurate "hair counts via shower drain for a couple weeks" is.

You could pour urine on your head and see a change in fallout rate. Thats what shedding is. Response to stimuli. Read the shedding article at the top of this page. The second half of every shedding cycle *IS* a stoppage of shedding. Response to stimuli and the natural cycle back into growth is not proof that anything works. Using that as your proof is absurd. Hair does this even *without* stimuli. This is why clinical data is what matters, not what you see in your shower drain. Everything is subjective in hair loss treatment unless you have the means to document your hair counts over a period of 6 to 12 months, and are not on ANY OTHER TREATMENT at the time. This is why we do not base our opinion on what we hear people say. We always base it on the science that has been done on it.

Tell me why there are over 200 studies done showing the effectiveness of SP on the prostate, and zero on SP and the follicle? Did science just forget to check? That's what you're asking us to believe.

HangingInThere said:
Just look at my above post. Its curious that Hairlosstalk moderators have pre programmed this forum to automatically highlight the word Propecia as a link............hmmmm........then at the Same time the moderators never fail to bash Saw Palmetto as a useless unproven supplement. See any conflict of interest here? oh noooooooooo
Yeah you're right, we're out to get you. There's a big anti saw palmetto conspiracy. Let me know when you come down from your meds so we can have an intelligent conversation. You're posting thoughts of conspiracy against helping people on a site with over 500 pages intended solely to help people. Your ability to ignore your peripheral vision is astounding. When you come back down to reality, let us know, and we'll talk.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Well name calling is the highest form of intellectual discourse!

Please go back to wherever you came from!