Saw Palmetto Side Effects, Anyone??

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As above... Is anyone here who is talking this supplement and get noticeable sides??

samcantcook

My Regimen
Reaction score
Libido dropped significantly for me while using Saw Palmetto. It was not immediate. Occured several weeks into using it daily. So I don't think it was purely, if at all, psychological. I discontinued the product. Took about 3 weeks upon discontinuation before ED symptoms started to go away. About 2 months before I was back to full throtlle. I'm wondering if this would make me a bad candidate for Finasteride since Saw Palmetto affected me so harshly. Any thoughts on that?

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this would make me a bad candidate for Finasteride since Saw Palmetto affected me so harshly. Any thoughts on that?

I would say absolutely. Sides would be probably even worse.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You would die a think.

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it gives you sides, under no circumstances should you try propecia. Seriously.
hmm is that just a general feeling you have or is it based on something? I read that SP ALSO inhibits the 5AR that doesn't affect hair loss (types 1 and 3). I had noticeable mental sides while taking high doses of SP and Pygeum at the same time, however it took at least a month or two to kick in. Also it actually takes a month for Saw Palmetto to exit your body "When taken orally saw palmetto has a terminal distribution half-life of 129 hours. The active phytosterols are slowly excreted in the bile. This means that it may take up to 27 days for the body to completely clear saw palmetto form the system." finasteride half life is about 7 hours, but it tales a week for 5AR2 to begin producing DHT again.

Last edited:

samcantcook

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know this isn't my thread, but I wanted to thank everyone that responded to my question/ I was thinking about going to a doctor to get a prescription for Finasteride, but I'm reconsidering given how SP didn't sit well with me. I guess I could expect the same side effects from Finasteride :(

g.i joey

Reaction score
I know this isn't my thread, but I wanted to thank everyone that responded to my question/ I was thinking about going to a doctor to get a prescription for Finasteride, but I'm reconsidering given how SP didn't sit well with me. I guess I could expect the same side effects from Finasteride :(

why cant you cook? did SP do this to you?!

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could always try a microdose: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...teride-test-commence-contains-pictures.99873/ the OP ended up quitting but other people have success with it (at least maintaining).

samcantcook

My Regimen
Reaction score
why cant you cook? did SP do this to you?!
SP gave me sexual sides after continued use. After a few weeks, the sides died down. But for something so mild and natural, I can only imagine finasteride might be more potent.

samcantcook

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could always try a microdose: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...teride-test-commence-contains-pictures.99873/ the OP ended up quitting but other people have success with it (at least maintaining).
I haven't considered this yet; thank you for the suggestion. I will see if this could be a potential option for me.

My hairloss isn't overly noticable. A bit of thinning in the crown area. I would be thrilled to just maintain, but I don't think minoxidil will be able to do that for me long-term if the research I've read is true.