Saw palmetto Shedding

timad

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have now been on Saw Palmetto for 2 months with a multivitamin and Gingko bilboa. I have noticed overall thinning of the hair and the crown is starting to be revealed. IO am shedding lots of hair at the minute.

Has anyone had good results on it or am I destined to become thinner on top with this treatment. Reviews suggest it works and others state it doesnt. I was just not sure if it has a shed phase which will spur growth?

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
the reason its used by so many products, and ppl say to use it is because, they theorise that because it is effective at shrinking the prostate in cases of enlarged prostate by reducing DHT, then therefore it must work the same way as finasteride and also inhibit serum and scalp DHT, but this has never been proven.

furthermore, iv'e never seen proof it works, only stories of people saying they shed non-stop on it.

look, we all, including myself looked at saw palmetto, as our first defense, because of such hype over it, but theres simply no proof it works other than a few studies on the prostate, and possibly a few studies on hairloss conducted by those who choose to use it in their products.

personally, it made me shed like mad, and it didn't stop until i stopped taking it.
and i never knew wat dose to take. One person said this much, another said that much, ranging from 160mg/day - 4000mg/day.

If i were u i'd stop it right now, and never take it again. If u want to inhibit DHT, then either take finasteride where u know the risks vs benefits,) or if ur dead against that, try the Immortalhair regime(google it)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
anxious is correct. No one has ever reported good results with saw palmetto that I'm aware of, either scientifically or anecdotally.

timad

Reaction score
The guys on the site below all talk of a two month shed....

http://www.hairlossbuddy.com/24/saw-palmetto/

Have any of you weathered the shed? Sittingatmy desk I can easilytakehairfrom the back and sides and even the crown. Others suggest it's like finestride so it shows it's working. I'm not really sure what to believe. If I stop it, will the hair grow back and shedding cease?! Does anyone know why shedding occurs on saw P?

Tim