Saw Palmetto & Pumpkin Seed Oil, Possibly Altering Appearance

stevenchad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently taking 2 pumpkin seed oil pills alongside 1 saw palmetto tablet every morning due to their possible dht-lowering properties in order to try to slow my rapidly declining hairline. i am currently only 20, and i have read that dht is a large factor in your development in areas such as your jawline. Will this combination have any influence to the same extent as Propecia in terms of their side effects? If the level of dht inhibitors in bith pills are equally as strong as Propecia, I will probably get of it right away. For some reason I feel as if my jawline has already shrunk somewhat over the past couple of weeks.

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I highly doubt saw palmetto and pumpkin seed oil is making much of a difference, if any. If you want to prevent your receding hairline, you may want to consider finasteride. It took me awhile to accept this, and I’ve only recently been taking it (with no sides, yet). I mostly want to save my hairline before it gets worst. If all works out well, I only plan to remain on finasteride for 6-7 years until I’m 31-32. Then, hopefully better options will be out or on the verge of coming out. I’m happy if all I do is slow down my hair loss! I tried the natural route like you did for nearly 3 months, and it literally made no difference... so, it was basically a waste of my time and money. Also, I doubt that your jawline is shrinking. You would need tooth decay/loss or osteoporosis or something for that to occur. However, you may be gaining fat in your neck which is causing your jawline to appear “smaller”.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How come there is so much mystery over saw palmetto. Is it really that hard to put someone on it for a year and test there blood for results.
WTF

IFeelUgly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your jaw is a bone. How would bone shrink?

Bone loss over time is an actual thing. It doesn’t actually shrink, but, there is definitely gradual bone loss that will make your face appear smaller. I know this because I excessively read up on plastic surgery lol.

Also to OP, if you notice your jaw being smaller, you might want to consider if this is contributed to any dietary changes you may have recently. You could be losing maybe facial fat in the jaw area that could’ve made it appear as though it was bigger- but is now smaller. I dont thing supplements should affect your jawline in anyway. I personally take saw palmetto supplements and it helps with my hairline, but it didn’t do squat to my face. Hope this helps reassure you in anyway.

kysinjer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bone loss over time is an actual thing. It doesn’t actually shrink, but, there is definitely gradual bone loss that will make your face appear smaller. I know this because I excessively read up on plastic surgery lol.

I agree with that, but if you read his post he says over the span of two weeks. Which isn't possible. Like you said it would be fat loss. Sounds like we agree that it wouldn't do anything to his jaw.

Not sure why you'd dislike my post but hey thanks anyway.