Saw Palmetto in Revivogen: why?

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com, you don't believe in SP as effective against male pattern baldness, but you're using revivogen which contains SP.

Why is sp in it? Would sp be only effective topically?

Also the revivogen page states that:

"Like GLA and ALA it (saw palmetto) also blocks Type 1 and Type 2 forms of 5 alpha-reductase".

(I want to understand and make decisions from that understanding)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
hi Khai -

Revivogen makers told me point-blank ... "We put it in there for marketing purposes, because so many people have bought into the idea that it does something for hair loss. We know it doesn't, but its easy to add, and people want it there, so we put it there".

Basically its considered an intert ingredient as far as theyre concerned. Not surprised they too think this way, since their other ingredients are mountains and mountains more effective than SP ad inhibiting the *CORRECT* form of 5alpha reductase. They're solid scientists and know the facts.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I don't follow your logic.

They put it in because people think it works, and it may help sell the product. Thats basic, marketing 101 and since its an inert substance, the people who think it works will be happy continuing in their delusion, and the rest of us won't care either way.

Seems pretty logical to me. What are you taking issue with?

As you've seen here, even though theoretically you're a "newbie" (hmm), people don't care what scientists say about saw palmetto. They believe what they want to believe anyways. I don't think it compromises their status as scientists to include it for those people.

HairLossTalk.com

G

I have no problem with SP being added to Reviv or Crinagen. As long as it doesnt interfere with the other ingredients, who cares??

:lol: