Saw Palmetto, Beta Sitosterol and S-Equol

choqueiro

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 31 years old. Since I was 25 my hair is getting thinner. I have been reading about the classics solutions: Minoxidil and Propecia. I used Minoxidil some time ago but my scalp got itch. I don´t want to use Propecia because the side effects scared me.

Most people suggest me to start using Saw Palmetto and Beta Sitosterol, because they are natural solutions without side effects. I know that natural doesn´t means safe. I´ve been reading in forums the experiences of the users and some of them talk about the dangerousness of this substances (some users tell that they are totally impotent after using this products and they can´t recover).

I´m a little bit confused about the security of this substances. Are they safe??
They should be taken both (combine) for better effects?? Quantities??

I also read something about S-Equol. It seems to be as effective as Saw Palmetto but without any side effect. Is this true?? Someone has tried the S-Equol?? Where I can buy it??

choqueiro

Reaction score
Someone who has used this products can tell me his personal experience??
Quantities of each one?? Side effects?? It is better to combine them??

Thanks so much

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
choqueiro said:
Someone who has used this products can tell me his personal experience??
Quantities of each one?? Side effects?? It is better to combine them??

Thanks so much

Hi amigo;

The better way is try it

Armando

P.D. Julius me tiro del ganarpelo

Hoppi

Reaction score
hey hey :)

Erm, yeah I'm going to be back on the beta-sitosterol, I believe it's better to just take this plant sterol in a refined form as opposed to trying to take it as part of saw palmetto. It's also present in large amounts in avocados, believe it or not :)

Weird thing is about beta-sitosterol, is it is one of the few substances that I've never really discovered how it's supposed to work. People have reported success with it, and it does appear to be an effective dht blocker, but I really never discovered how it is supposed to function.

I am in the same boat as you - I got finasteride sides so am trying to combine different dht-reducing supplements and drugs to create an effect that may be easier on my body.

Borage oil, black tea, beta-sitosterol, mild finasteride and soy isoflavones are all supposed to have significant DHT lowering effects in the body.

However, I believe the real gem in all this is s-equol. S-equol is unique in that instead of inhibiting 5-alpha reductase to stop DHT from forming, it binds to and inactivates DHT in the bloodstream. Observational evidence (of natural equol producers), studies (on both men and women) and logic indicate that this is much kinder on the body than 5ar2 inhibition, and creates far fewer side effects, as DHT can still exist where needed, and 5-alpha reductase can still do it's other jobs in the body (not that I claim to know what they are, but I believe it has a significant number).

So why aren't people all experimenting with s-equol and incorporating it into their regimens? Because a supplement of it simply doesn't exist. All that you can do right now really is attempt to become an equol producer yourself, through using a regimen similar to Densiti - www.densiti.com

I really want to see an s-eq supplement come together though to explore this unique property it has and see if it really does have the special properties that many believe it does, so I am trying to achieve this!

Until then though.. perhaps you could give a regimen like my current one a go, or try something like Densiti (although it didn't work for me ._.). If you feel adventurous, feel free to come and help me in my chemical/supplement -creating endeavors! lol

Hoppi :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Borage oil, black tea, beta-sitosterol, mild finasteride and soy isoflavones are all supposed to have significant DHT lowering effects in the body.

Really? Where did you get the idea that borage oil lowers DHT?

Hoppi said:
However, I believe the real gem in all this is s-equol. S-equol is unique in that instead of inhibiting 5-alpha reductase to stop DHT from forming, it binds to and inactivates DHT in the bloodstream. Observational evidence (of natural equol producers), studies (on both men and women) and logic indicate that this is much kinder on the body than 5ar2 inhibition, and creates far fewer side effects, as DHT can still exist where needed, and 5-alpha reductase can still do it's other jobs in the body...

Really? Why doesn't equol in pregnant Japanese women produce pseudohermaphrodites? :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
erm, regarding borage oil, sorry if this sounds rude lol: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=borage+oil+dht

And about the pregnant women.. is DHT the hormone which causes male fetal development then? I think that's a rather abstract way to claim s-eq has no DHT-binding effects, particularly when they have I believe been confirmed in studies. What do you have against this chemical anyway Bryan? Do you have any studies which contradict the current ones demonstrating equol's anti-DHT property?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
erm, regarding borage oil, sorry if this sounds rude lol: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=borage+oil+dht

I would give YOU the same advice: if you think borage oil reduces DHT, do a Google search YOURSELF, and start learning about the chemical properties of fatty acids, and why borage oil has no such effect! :smack:

I've only been pointing out on hairloss sites for several years (ever since Revivogen first came out) that only "free" fatty acids (like what you get from chemical companies) work as 5a-reductase inhibitors. Natural oils like borage oil, corn oil, safflower oil, etc., have fatty acids which consist of various mono-, di-, and triglycerides which have no such effect.

Hoppi said:
And about the pregnant women.. is DHT the hormone which causes male fetal development then?

Of course DHT is extremely important in male fetal development, Hoppi! Good God, if you don't believe me, read the studies by Imperato-McGinley et al on the pseudohermaphrodites in the Dominican Republic!

Hoppi said:
I think that's a rather abstract way to claim s-eq has no DHT-binding effects, particularly when they have I believe been confirmed in studies. What do you have against this chemical anyway Bryan? Do you have any studies which contradict the current ones demonstrating equol's anti-DHT property?

HUH?? I'm not claiming that equol has no anti-DHT effects, Hoppi! Listen carefully to what I've been trying to tell you for a long time: I'm saying that IF you're able to get enough equol into you to start having a noticeable effect on you, IT'S GOING TO HAVE THE SAME DAMNED EFFECT AS TAKING FINASTERIDE! Why has that been so hard for you to understand? I've said from the beginning that taking equol and taking finasteride are going to have similar effects, and finasteride would be a hell of a lot cheaper and more reliable! :)

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
Revivogen ingredients: By combining GLA, ALA, Linolenic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Vitamin B6, Zinc Sulfate and Saw Palmetto Extract, they have created a natural, yet extremely powerful anti-DHT formula

Bryan, do you know which is the concentration of GLA, ALA and LA in the formula of Revivogen. Is it a 1% or less?

Armando

FFA are "caustics", please see their MSDS
Contact may cause skin or eye irritation.
Material may be irritating to the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. etc
example: www.caymanchem.com/msdss/10006580m.pdf

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
armandein said:
Bryan, do you know which is the concentration of GLA, ALA and LA in the formula of Revivogen. Is it a 1% or less?

There's no way to know for sure, but I imagine that there's somewhat more than just 1% of each of those fatty acids.