Saw Palmetto and shedding???

LeonPhelps07

Reaction score
Hey,

I have been using saw palmetto for about 2 months and I noticed my hair is shedding really bad. Does this mean that it may be working for me?

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
How much do you take? People say that it works like avodart...then a shedding is possible. I tried S.P. years ago but only for 2 month, then my hair got thin.
I personal don't trust in S.P.!

calgary2800

Reaction score
Here is my experience. I tired it for about 2 or 3 months. It was the worst shed of my life, worse than when I was using Rogaine. It scared the daylights of me. It got so bad I thought I needed a hair transplant to cover the fading areas.

I dont trust it because there has been scientific evidence it works.

LeonPhelps07

Reaction score
Hey,

Wouldn't that suggest that it may be working? I have heard many people say that they began to shed really bad but none of them seemed to give it a chance. I would think you would have to stay on it for 8 months to 1 year to see results.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I used saw palmetto topically two years ago, and grew some vellus. I now use finasteride/saw palmetto topical, as well as finasteride and eucapil at different times of day. I have some light hair on top, and hundreds of where it was shiny bald for 20 years.

LeonPhelps07

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone think that it is effective in maintaining hair. I can't really understand why people are so quick to write off natural remedies?

bubka

Reaction score
"natural" is a generic term, just because the chemical in a substance is made by a plant or animal, it is termed "natural" by the herb and "natural" supplement marketers

in all seriousness, your body cannot tell the difference is something is made synthetically, or from a plant, and even at that, an organic of synthetic compound can still be detrimental, or helpful to the body... the whole "natural cure" type of marketing scheme is a gimmick

i know some supplement saw palmetto, but nothing i have seen results, even with maintenance success

also, i know there have been studies that have now concluded that it does little in helping bph, which is also caused by dht, as in mbp as well

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I just know that topical saw palmetto grew some vellus, before I learned about any other cures from this site.